Hacienda

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

nj
PV Fan
PV Fan
Hacienda

Post by nj » Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:47 pm

Have never stayed there, but have eaten there a lot. Decent food, nice pool, and always looks OK. Guests there usually can use the beach at the Krystal Hotel( right next door.) It is very handy to get downtown from there also.

PV Traveler

Re:Hacienda

Post by PV Traveler » Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:47 pm

I just returned from a week's stay at the Hacienda. The rooms are nothing spectacular but the staff is very accommodating. The food was good for me too. The pool is kept in good shape. I never used a local beach but went North to Punta de Mita. At nights, we went to the Zoo where I made many friends. I plan to return in January for another visit. This time I will stay at the Flamingo in the marina.

If anyone knows the name of the little shopping square on the main street a few blocks north of Carlos O'Brians, I would love to know what it is called. It is on the same side of the street and has a small round bar in the center of it. Very nice and relaxing in there.

SeattleGuy

Post by SeattleGuy » Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:05 pm

I;m staying at the Hacienda dec 11-17. Is it totally run down. Do they have fridges in the room, and what hotels are nearby...I hope its not a shitwhole

nj
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by nj » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:24 pm

It certainly isn't a "s*** hole." Probably rated 2 or 3 stars. Never looks dirty or anything. Right next door to the Krystal. Guests can use the Krystal beach. Certainly not luxury, but there are a lot worse. Right on the bus line to go downtown.

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvdeb » Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:32 pm

To PV Traveler,
I believe the shopping square you're referring to is called "Plaza Malecon" at Paseo Diaz Ordaz #880. It's like a little garden with shops around it and the bar in the middle. There is a good jewelry store there where I've shopped called "Joyeria Janin". The only thing I didn't like was the timeshare guy that mans a booth right in front of the bar and tries to snag you when you come in.

PV Traveler

Post by PV Traveler » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:24 pm

To pvdeb,

Thanks for the info on the little shopping area. That is the one I was thinking of. I had to put up with the timeshare guy too. I know he is just trying to make a living but it is still annoying. There is a shop in that center that is at the far left side. I am trying to get the name of the store or a way to call them. I know they have a phone there but I didn't get a business card (if they even had one).

Anyway, you provided me a start. Thanks again. I will be there in a few weeks so I can just stop and see them.