Margaritas on the beach?

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

alkilburn
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Margaritas on the beach?

Post by alkilburn » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:22 pm

What are your suggestions for a place where one can lay on the beach and have someone bring you a margarita while you listen to music (other than at a hotel)??

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:Margaritas on the beach?

Post by teduardo » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:10 am

Not a problem on Playa Los Muertos, these are all bar/restaurants that serve on the beach.

South of the pier:
El Dorado
Findencio's
La Palapa
Lazy Lizard

North of the pier:
Cuates y Cuetes
Langostinos
Burros Bar (I think the best margaritas are here)

I am sure I have missed a couple that Jenny will fill in the gaps.

Jennybean

Re:Margaritas on the beach?

Post by Jennybean » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:29 am

PV Beach Bar, otherwise known as the Green Chairs beach club, way down at the south end of Playa Los Muertos is another good choice. Food was very good, they played a great selection of music, and the chairs were comfy.

Ted, what are you insinuating? That I'm a beach loving drunk? LOL (ok, you're right, but...)

My favourite hangout, Fidencios, doesn't play music unfortunately, and it's the only amenity I wish they had - I usually just take my portable cd player. You'll have to fend off the troubadour with the red guitar...trust me, pay him to go away. LOL

Lazy Lizard would be a good pick for music and cheap drinks...bucket of 5 cerveza for 50 pesos (at least in low season), 2x1 margs.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:28 pm

Between The Burro and Dac dick's, there used to be a place called Oasis. Heard they have a new name...anyone know it?

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rcracing » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:43 am

Jennybean...just wondering, how come you still sign in as a guest when you are one of the pillars of knowledge on this site? I realize you get a little pressure to be a moderator(all in good fun of course) but if nothing else you should be an oracle by now. Thanks for all your local knowledge and help. 8)

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Drinks while lying on the ebach

Post by kcowan » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:26 pm

Cannot lay on the beach at the Burro Bar.

Also try Destiladares. No music but the beach is better and the drinks are cheaper.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Burro Bar

Post by smitty » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:20 pm

Technically you can't lay on the beach at Burro - they have chairs and tables . Can guarantee you will be rolling in the sand with laughter from the jokes and pranks from the waiters. :D The margs we had there were slurpee style - large and quite potent.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:01 pm

rcracing wrote:Jennybean...just wondering, how come you still sign in as a guest when you are one of the pillars of knowledge on this site? I realize you get a little pressure to be a moderator(all in good fun of course) but if nothing else you should be an oracle by now. Thanks for all your local knowledge and help. 8)
Your comments are very sweet, and I thank you for them, that's very kind! :)

As for a mod position, I haven't received any pressure to do so, I'm just happy to pass along info if I know it. I already moderate at 3 or 4 other boards of varying interests, so adding another one to the roster is not something I'm interested in at the moment. The present mods do a fine job without me sticking my nose in. :wink:

Jennybean

Oops

Post by Jennybean » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:06 pm

Oops...that was me who posted above!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:57 am

:roll: :wink: :lol: :o 8)

Jennybean you know that you can interject at anytime you want... and you also know that i too rely heavily on some of your input too... you are a great person to have grace our presence with your expertise as a traveller to Vallarta, as a woman that travels extensively on her own, etc...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas... hope to catch up with you sometime when we are down in Vallarta...

8) Tom