Christine Club is the place to be

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

salsaverde
PV Fan
PV Fan
Christine Club is the place to be

Post by salsaverde » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:39 am

I just returned from Puerto Vallarta from spring break with 3 girlfriends. All of the clubs and bars are fun, Carlos Obriens, Hilo, Paradise Burger (best waiters ;) ) , Zoo, etc, but by far the best club in Puerto Vallarta is Christine. We went Sunday night and the cover is $30 but it's open bar. My advice is get VIP and stick there for the night! While the dance floor is fun to go dance a song or two but it's crowded and slippery and people like to leave broken bottles laying around- another girl we knew there had to leave the club and get 6 stitches in her foot thanks to a beer bottle, so watch out for a messy dancefloor! But the music is hott, the set-up is really cool and VIP is the way to go! :) Enjoy Puerto Vallarta!!! ( alittle extra advice: tip your waiters at the beginning pretty well and they will wait on you hand and foot, make sure to tip even better at the end, they'll make sure your night is unforgettable!!!)

ddrmastor1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re:Christine Club is the place to be

Post by ddrmastor1 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:54 am

How old do you have to be to get in? Do they check for ID? I will be staying at the restort this is in and i wanted to hit it up.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:06 pm

You have to be 18 or older to get into Christine.

salsaverde
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by salsaverde » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:31 pm

Haha.... no no no you don't need an ID... you're in MEXICO! plus if you are staying at the NH Krystal hotel (where Christine is located) you probably will have an armband or something to get in because you are staying there (might have to pay for that). But really if you look over 5 yrs old they won't card you ;)
Have fun!!! Christine is hott

LISAC

Post by LISAC » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:10 pm

Last spring we took my little sister who was 15 into every bar we went to, and she never got denied entry.

Go have fun!!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:32 pm

Denied entry is one thing, ordering cocktails is another.... we have seen lots of under aged people at the various hot spots, but they were denied cocktails... some of them had wrist bands declaring they were under aged... and then again we saw one set of girls out with their mother at Senor Frogs... and all three of them were feeling very little pain... and dancing quite suductively all in front of the camera held by DAD... we usually had a saying, what happens in Vallarta stays in Vallarta... but not this family... they were PROUD of what they were doing... oh my....

but yes Christine's is one of the hottest places in town for the younger generation... we go there too since our resort is just down around the corner, short walk or crawl home from a night out on the town...

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:35 am

Quote:

"Denied entry is one thing, ordering cocktails is another."

Exactly right. Any restaurant/bar in town will let an underager onto the premises when they're still serving food. However most of the big name ones will usher those same underagers out the door unless they are with a parent or someone who appears to be of age and/or a guardian, and 9 times out of 10 it's the parent/guardian purchasing the drinks for the underager.

I've yet to be in any club in PV where an obviously underaged person was allowed in and was able to purchase alcohol. I'm sure it happens, but it's the exception and not the norm as some are leading people to believe.

salsaverde
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by salsaverde » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:00 am

people....really? who are you kidding?! I have been going to mexico multiple times a year since I was 10..... trust me you're american you've got dinero to spend they don't care. We were never ONCE carded or even had a waiter to be hesitant towards us- IT'S FLIPPIN MEXICO PEOPLE. Now you shouldn't be drinking when you're that young but the hard truth of the matter is--- you're not getting denied. I have NEVER ONE TIME in my 9 years of going to mexico and going out with locals have we EVER once been denied or have i ever seen ANYONE denied. At AMERICAN BRANCH COMPANIES: ie TGI Fridays, Applebees : we have had waiters greet us with alcohol- and that's in Monterrey where it's not even a RESORT town or spring break season.
So here's the bottom line: GO OUT AND HAVE FUN! Don't worry about it you're good to go! And as far as "getting in but not getting served alcohol" that's BS- if anything if you were going to get denied into a club you'd be TOTALLY denied from stepping inside those doors. they aren't going to let you in and then not serve you!!! i mean honestly!

well enjoy your time in mexico it's hott

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:02 pm

You need to take a breath sweetie, all that yelling is bad for you.

Or maybe it's just the old fuddy duddy in me who thinks it's wrong to watch 15 and 16 year old kids get so drunk they're puking in gutters and passing out on the street in a strange country, parents nowhere around, no way of knowing where they are or how to get back to their hotels because they have no clue how to handle their alcohol. But since you seem to extoll a level of expertise at drinking underage in a foreign country, I'll kowtow to your vast wisdom.

*wink, nudge*

And BTW, I still say it's the exception and not the norm. Going by my OWN experiences in Vallarta. If you feel like you have to keep yelling though, feel free to do it by email, my address is right there.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:00 pm

very well put Jennybean... as a fellow fuddy-duddy or old codger... i agree to allow these kids to run amock in a foreign land druck, sick, puking etc... so be it... that sounds really "mature" and "experienced".... i have paid my dues since i was 14 with the bouts of drinking... i have seen too many of my friends go by the way side because of their abuses... in the year of 1976, i got the privledge of burying 4 of my class mates for driving while drunk... boy that is a lot of fun... and lately all the wonderful accidents because kids sneak off with dad's fast car or their hot car... and drink and have an accident.. killing their friends but leaving them behind to live with the memory of what they have done....

so lets just open the flood gates, let our young people experience mexico with a hangover, sick to their stomachs, and whining to mommy and daddy that spent their incomes to bring these brats to Puerto Vallarta... well now i have vented with out YELLING or degrading people....

have a great day...

Dancerforlife

Post by Dancerforlife » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:44 am

Actually, I went to a club in Mexico with a couple of girls from my hotel (one of the girls sister came along and she was 14). We were allowed to dance for a little while, but then they said her sister had to leave if she wasn't accompanied by her parent.....and that was just for dancing....she never even attempted to buy a drink. So no saying that it doesn't happen, because I actually witnessed it!

ddrmastor1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by ddrmastor1 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:05 pm

i went and got in with no problem and im only 16, didnt even check for ID

salsaverde
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by salsaverde » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:40 pm

woah woah woah ladies and gentlemen let's all take one big breather here. A: you don't know i was yelling because we are on a flipping computer. B. i wasn't yelling and I was merely stating facts. Now whomever believes that I am underage I hate to inform you "fuddy duddies or whatever you call yourself" that I am not. But think what you want.
Now to whomever isn't here to lecture: you're in mexico. I have never in my 9 years of travelling have seen anyone removed from a bar/club anything for drinking. Now i'm sure it's happened but I've never seen it. It's most likely never to happen I'm sure there are exceptions. Puerto Vallarta (during spring break FOR SURE) will not turn someone away even without a parent. I saw maybe 2 cases where kids were with their parents.
So how about instead of biting my head off and trying to make me out to be some rich spoiled party brat, you leave your comments to yourself. I gave my opinion on Puerto Vallarta and didn't feel the need to lecture the dangers of alcohol.
And with this closing thought.... what is someone of your "mature age" doing in a night club/bar that these other teens/college members are asking me about?!?!?! EW!!!!!!!!! no offense but ACT YOUR AGE AND STAY OUT we really don't enjoy seeing you there either~~~ drunk/drinking/sober old people is a major buzz kill. (except if you are making a fool of yourself and in such case you are considered "funny" to us "

enjoy!

salsaverde
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by salsaverde » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:44 pm

Oh yeah and Mr&MrsCrownParadise & JennyBean~ you are pretty judgemental about the youth of today. Just because someone goes somewhere and has a few drinks does not mean that they are going to get "wasted and drunk puking in the streets and unable to function and get themselves home." I would just like your all-knowing self to know that not everyone who drinks gets "wasted beyond belief" keep that in mind. Pretty sure that all the "old folks" in the clubs and bars looked 100 times stupider than these "ignorant youth" you speak of. Just thought I'd bring that to your attention. OH! and BTW in response to your quote: "dad's fast car or their hot car." My dad owns a 68' suped up Mustang, but i only do 5 shots of tequila before/while driving that instead of my usual 4 when driving my other vehicles!!!!!!!

* PS and dont lecture me on losing friends- been there done that. Just cuz you drink doesn't mean you're stupid. There are a lot of "mature of age people" that shouldn't be allowed to drink. So don't be so quick to jump down my throat.

salsaverde
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by salsaverde » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:48 pm

HAVE A GREAT TIME IN PUERTO VALLARTA!!!!! :) :) :)

oops there i go yelling again. guess you're yelling if you write in CAPS ey ?

Great_White_North

Post by Great_White_North » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:55 am

Hey Salsa, when I was in PV last year I noticed the VIP sections you talk about. How much are they? And where do you go to book them?

Thanks,
Bruce

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:29 pm

I guess Salsa, the part about if you had anything else to say to me take it to email was just lost on you?

And speaking of judgmental, and I quote from one of your posts:

"what is someone of your "mature age" doing in a night club/bar that these other teens/college members are asking me about?!?!?! EW!!!!!!!!! no offense but ACT YOUR AGE AND STAY OUT we really don't enjoy seeing you there either~~~ drunk/drinking/sober old people is a major buzz kill. (except if you are making a fool of yourself and in such case you are considered "funny" to us "

Since you don't know how old I am either, just thought I'd add this for good measure:

Hello pot? This is the kettle calling...you're black.

To all others - enjoy your time in PV responsibly, no matter what your age is. It's much more fun that way! (-:

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:14 pm

Don't be hate'n, fool! Jenneybean, Tom and Lorrie were just commenting about how foolish it seems to make it a must and get trashed. Yes, I was a teen during the last of the 60's and 70's and I admitt i did some dumb stuff, like really getting messed up in Tiajuana and spending a night in the local jail there. I learned my lesson but it seems every generation needs to learn from experience. An example, the first time I took my son to the Mayan Sun Coast to an AI. He had far too many tequila shooters, was delivered back to me from an on resort club by securidad. I spent the next 6 hours making sure he didn't aspirate his puke. Lesson learned, he can barely finish one beer now.
And please, about "mature" people going to the clubs and looking weird, their (our) money spends equally. You won't find me in a club,"cause they're not my thing, man". BTW I'm 51 and am a substitute teacher from grades 4 to 12 and all my students think I'm the coolest old dude they know, and it's not because I'm a push over. I just happen to have been taught to respect everyone.
Let's all just PV and not get into these childish flamming matches.

salsaverde
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by salsaverde » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:31 pm

Great_White_North (Apr 14, 2005 01:55 a.m.):
Hey Salsa, when I was in PV last year I noticed the VIP sections you talk about. How much are they? And where do you go to book them?

Thanks,
Bruce

Hey bruce~ we didn't pay anything for them we just ended up there! (in christines right?) We had met some people who asked us if we wanted to come back with them. They may have paid for VIP but I'm not sure what or if they did, sorry!!!

salsaverde
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by salsaverde » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:37 pm

Chuck you do sound like a cool guy- and point well taken you shouldn't go somewhere and get trashed which is why me and my friends never did. I never would have spoken out on anyone (jennybean and crownwhatever they are) but they took what I said to OTEHR PEOPLE not even to them, way way too far. People asked about clubs and getting into them, i don't recall them ever asking about "how can i drink so much i'm wasted on the side of the street", or me giving them pointers on polishing off that bottle of jose, so i think everyone who likes to jump down peoples' throats need to take a step back, realize this is a flipping message board and take a breather. This is a place for people to ask advice about places to go and what to do and how to have fun. Even if I was some college alcoholic- do i need your lecturing?? They read into what i was saying about clubbing as "i'm a college drunk laying in a gutter wasted in mexico." and no i guess jennybean i don't know how old you are and quite frankly my dear i just don't give a damn :) And I guess let me rephrase not all "mature" people act the way some of you have spoken on here. Chuck you sound awesome and you'd be someone who it would be a pleasure to run into on a vacation- but the rest of ya'll really honestly need to lighten up! :)

Oh yeah Jennybean! Herd ya loud and clear but and would have wasted my time e-mailing you but my give a damn is busted, and i had a bottle of tequila that needed finishing so... i'm a girl with priorities what can I say :)
Oh yeah, and like forever ago called and like they'd like their saying back. Try like "that's hott" or something fresher. People might like you better :)