Search found 14 matches

by Karen_O
Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:58 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: A story to be written....."If I was in PV right now&
Replies: 12
Views: 5622

Well, for one thing I wouldn't be at work. That alone...

But, it's almost 3:00 in Puerto Vallarta right now so I'd probably be sitting on the beach, maybe munching some jicama or grilled mahi-mahi.
by Karen_O
Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:38 pm
Topic: hotel rosita cam
Replies: 6
Views: 4712

I came here hoping to find up-to-date info on the state of the Malecon reconstruction project. Anyone know how it's going?
by Karen_O
Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:37 pm
Topic: Are we or are we not (Going to P.V. that is)
Replies: 12
Views: 11053

We're leaving in about 10 days -- Friday the 11th through the 18th. Not nearly long enough...

We took our oldest grandchild last spring and it was a blast. That's another of the fun things about grandchildren!
by Karen_O
Wed May 25, 2011 6:33 pm
Topic: Counting down!! Anyone Else counting down??
Replies: 131
Views: 62689

My flight will be touching down at the Puerto Vallarta airport just about 24 hours from now. These last few hours at work are absolutely killing me!
by Karen_O
Fri May 20, 2011 9:42 pm

We're taking our 5 year old grandson to Puerto Vallarta next week and I'm thrilled. Despite the fact that I just learned that the Malecon has been torn out and all the statues removed this week for reconstruction for the PanAm games in October! What's up with that?!? Guess we won't be wandering ther...
by Karen_O
Fri May 20, 2011 8:45 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: All Inclusive Vs. Non AI
Replies: 38
Views: 27738

Ah, another fan of Playa Los Arcos! We've stayed there seven times in the past 6 and a half years. Up until our last trip we always took the AI option, largely because, although we aren't party people, we like to sit in the restaurant in the evenings listening to the water, watching the people pass,...
by Karen_O
Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Yesterday I was sitting on the balcony of my room in Puerto Vallarta, looking at the sun on the water, the surf on the sand...

Today I was shopping for Thanksgiving dinner with snow flurries coming at me sideways and temps of 27F.

Is it too early to start counting down to next year?
by Karen_O
Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:44 pm
Topic: Los Muertos pier
Replies: 20
Views: 10086

We just got back yesterday. There's a closed sign on the pier, but I still saw the usual water taxis over there and smaller boats ferrying folks out to the larger party boats. Now, exactly how the embarkation was being handled I couldn't tell you. I didn't have need of a water taxi; just telling you...
by Karen_O
Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:13 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: shooting and hand grenade in bucerias
Replies: 14
Views: 16389

An acquaintance who knows of our upcoming trip to PV recently said to me, "So, you will stay in the resort the whole time you're there, right?" Well, no. The hotel we stay at is not in a resort, per se; it's in the Romantic Zone on Los Muertos beach. But then I told her that staying away from PV bec...
by Karen_O
Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:53 am
Topic: Rainy season is over!!!
Replies: 7
Views: 3454

Only 5 days now, Titus!

And the forecast looks perfect... sunny and mid-80s. Can't wait.
by Karen_O
Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:45 am

Thanks for the welcome, Chris!

We get the same welcome when we arrive at our hotel -- "Welcom home, Mrs. O" and boy does it ever feel like I'm coming home...

Five days... and counting.
by Karen_O
Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:57 pm
Topic: $100 US Cash Limit
Replies: 14
Views: 8547

Where does this information come from? A quick Google search is just giving me exchange rate sites, not rule changes like this.
by Karen_O
Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:08 pm
Topic: Rainy season is over!!!
Replies: 7
Views: 3454

Last year rainy season seemed to last quite a while; it was still raining when we were there the first week of December. Very odd weather for PV. Didn't keep us tied down though. We still loved every minute of our trip and hated leaving. This year we're taking my daughter and her boyfriend (leaving ...
by Karen_O
Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:49 pm

My first post here; I just discovered the board today!

17 days and definitely counting down...