Search found 20 matches

by jrgfallbrook
Mon May 04, 2009 8:38 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Swine Flu
Replies: 175
Views: 77200

Yipee!! For all of us who love to come to PV ( :D and for those who live there also)!
by jrgfallbrook
Mon May 04, 2009 7:27 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Budget minded people
Replies: 13
Views: 7048

In the ten plus years that we have been going to PV we always come a few days early, or stay a few days beyond our two weeks at our timeshare in Conchas Chinas. We have used Posada de Roger - Middle of city streets and yes it is noisy. Rooms are adequate and the best breakfast in town is just downst...
by jrgfallbrook
Mon May 04, 2009 7:15 pm

I read in our local paper that there would be an announcement today in PV regarding lifting of restrictions that were imposed on some public places. Has that announcement been made yet? We are still planning on being there on 9th of May and just trying to keep tabs on accurate information.
by jrgfallbrook
Fri May 01, 2009 9:18 pm

We are also due to leave on the 9th of May...We are watching the news hourly to try and decide what to do. I have heard of no evidence that there is any case of the flu on the Pacific Coast of Mexico. We are in San Diego area and find great humor in the fact that the cruise ships are coming to San D...
by jrgfallbrook
Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:01 pm
Topic: Weird email... anyone else get something like this?
Replies: 6
Views: 2104

yes, I also got that email. Concerned me that they somehow got access to all who are registered users of PV.net??
by jrgfallbrook
Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:47 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: May In PV
Replies: 4
Views: 3858

We have been going to PV for the month of May for more than ten years. As previously stated it is just the end of the busy season most US/Canada tourist and not yet the season for locals. Restaurants and other services are never crowded. Be aware, if you have a favorite restaurant, they may already ...
by jrgfallbrook
Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:32 am
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Mismoloya
Replies: 6
Views: 12582

Mismoloya

I have been told that all the restaurants and vendors have or are being removed from the public beach at Mismoloya. Is this true? :cry:
by jrgfallbrook
Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:21 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Best breakfast joint?
Replies: 38
Views: 22674

LindoMar Breakfast

LindoMar is the best kept secret in town (or just out of town actually). Buffet on weekends can't be beat. Seating is open air on water level. To die for view. Best waiter in the place, hands down - Luis :D
by jrgfallbrook
Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:10 pm
Topic: Restaurants in Bucerias
Replies: 23
Views: 14926

LeFort

:D I would recommend Le Fort. We have been there many times. Most of the time taking our guests there with confidence that it will be a great experience. Margarita and Gille LeFort are wonderful to deal with. When you consider that the three course meal includes champagne, and appetizers along with ...
by jrgfallbrook
Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:09 pm
Topic: Dinner Theatre
Replies: 5
Views: 4583

Santa Barbara Dinner Theater

Does anyone know when they end their season? I have checked the website and it doesn't mention when they close. We are arriving May 12th and would like to take this in.

:D Judi
by jrgfallbrook
Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:54 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Music on the Malecon
Replies: 9
Views: 4351

Thanks to everyone. I got the information I needed from the Vallarta Tribune :D

Judi
by jrgfallbrook
Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:57 pm
Topic: Looking for interesting dinner location
Replies: 8
Views: 5426

Mogens, River Cafe is one of our favorites also. It is a must several times each trip down to PV.

Judi
by jrgfallbrook
Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:44 pm

Tom, thanks for your reply. I am thinking of the area on the south end of the Malecon, under the arches, in the outdoor arena. Some years ago I was told that those bands were booked with the city. Over the years we have heard some top rated entertainment in that little outdoor arena but it is always...
by jrgfallbrook
Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:31 am
Topic: Looking for interesting dinner location
Replies: 8
Views: 5426

Looking for interesting dinner location

:D We travel to PV every year for two to three weeks. Have tried many restaurants. Several years ago we had dinner with Gilles LeFort in Buscerias. He is the French chef that cooks you dinner while giving you a cooking lesson. He and his wife are wonderful. Is there any other place in the area that ...
by jrgfallbrook
Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:19 am

Music on the Malecon

Can anyone tell me what music groups will be on the Malecon from May 12th to 30th. Is there any official listing on the web somewhere? :D
by jrgfallbrook
Wed May 03, 2006 7:32 pm
Topic: LeFort - need more people to join us
Replies: 18
Views: 9264

Recommendation for Le Fort

Thanks for your feedback Bruce. I appreciate you letting us know that we planning something that will be good... :D

We will be in PV for a couple of weeks. Time enough to try out your Bistro also.
by jrgfallbrook
Wed May 03, 2006 7:13 pm

LeFort

LeFort has combined us with a honeymoon couple for our gourmet cook/dine experience on May 23rd. We now meet their minimum. : :D
by jrgfallbrook
Tue May 02, 2006 11:06 pm

I have also contacted this chef and his wife to make arrangements for a private gourmet dinner for May 23rd, 2006. We are now in the process of selecting our menu. Has anyone on this forum actually been there? I checked on Trip Advisor and only fine the posting from auntbevie asking for additional p...
by jrgfallbrook
Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:35 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Travel from New York to PV
Replies: 4
Views: 5047

Travel from New York to PV

We travel yearly from San Diego to PV. We have friends that want to join us next year from New York (May 13th). What is the best airline/charter/tour ? from that area? Any suggestions would be helpful.
by jrgfallbrook
Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:06 am
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Music events on the Malecon
Replies: 0
Views: 4933

Music events on the Malecon

There are always music groups that are on the Malecon and in the town square - in front of the church on Saturdays and Sundays when we are in PV. I believe these are sponsored by the city or some cultural group. Where, or how, could you find out what /who is scheduled for May 7th through the 21st?