Views: 5311

Thanks everyone!
by lilianna
Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:19 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Weather
Replies: 5
Views: 3730

Thank you so much Arizona Karen, we are supposed to be leaving next week so any/all updates are greatly appreciated. I love the rain in Mexico. We are in central California right now and just got past a 100 degrees+ spell, so I am looking forward to PV.
by lilianna
Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:02 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Ocean safety
Replies: 11
Views: 5311

Ocean safety

Jennybean or anyone else with good advice! We are staying at the Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort and Spa and I was wondering if the ocean is safe to swim in there? I have swam all over in PV and never had a problem, but not in this area and this time I am bringing an infant and would love fo...
by lilianna
Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:53 pm

I love the rainy season in Mexico, but is it hot and rainy right now (90 F+), or comfortable and rainy (70-80's)? Usually when we go it seems to rain in the afternoons/evenings and leave the morning refreshed, is that the case now?
by lilianna
Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:06 pm

Weather

According to msn weather, it has been in the high 70's/low 80's (F) with some minor showers. Is this accurate? I will be arriving shortly with an infant and would like to plan accordingly.

Thanks for any info you may be able to offer.
by lilianna
Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:02 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: obscure restaurant question
Replies: 13
Views: 5042

Re:obscure restaurant question

Barcelona tapas was in that general vicinity, but i heard it closed, and I don't think there was an elevator. It was very good we ate there in January of this year as well as the February before, sorry to hear it closed.
by lilianna
Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:51 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: Best trip yet!!
Replies: 8
Views: 5207

Re:Best trip yet!!

I want to say it was either on V. Carranza or L. Cardenas, when we got off the bus from Mismaloya at the corner of Basillo Badillo and headed towards Rizo's market it was on a side street, sorry I can't be more helpful. Perhaps, someone locally can help, a nice store clerk pointed it out to us.
by lilianna
Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:52 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: Best trip yet!!
Replies: 8
Views: 5207

Best trip yet!!

Preface: This is coming from the viewpoint of a 30-year-old female Californian who generally travels to Mexico 3 times a year for the past 25 years, fourth trip to PV. I brought along my husband of nine years, another 30 something married couple that has been together almost 20 years who have only b...
by lilianna
Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:22 pm
Topic: Beer/cocktails
Replies: 12
Views: 4044

Re:Beer/cocktails

Thank you so much Teduardo for your very thorough answer. We are looking forward to trying out all those places and more!
by lilianna
Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:26 pm
Topic: sunset
Replies: 2
Views: 1714

sunset

for all those locals, what time is sunset usually? we'll be there in a week, YIPEE!?
by lilianna
Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:15 pm

Re:Beer/cocktails

oh yes that would probably help, we are staying south of PV and are planning on taking the bus into town every day. relaxing places with cheap beer and/or beautiful views even if we have to pay a little more would be greatly appreciated!!
by lilianna
Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:13 pm

Beer/cocktails

Hello, I was hoping to get some good places to go for beer, for both cost and ambiance. Not sure if you heard about the earthquake in California recently (6.5), but we were smack dab in the middle of it and have been having tremors ever since, on pins and needles constantly, 12 days til we arrive an...
by lilianna
Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:09 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Sheraton Buganvilias Trip Reports?
Replies: 1
Views: 1245

Re:Sheraton Buganvilias Trip Reports?

we stayed there several years ago and the undertow was so strong we were unable to go into the water, including a steep drop off and a lot of shells on the beach making it unpleasant to walk. I am not sure if it has changed, like I said that was several years ago (6-8, I think). Last year when we we...
by lilianna
Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:05 pm
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Grocery stores
Replies: 6
Views: 8359

Re:Grocery stores

thank you for all your suggestions, we will be staying south of town, but will probably be taking a bus, so any along the bus route would be great!
by lilianna
Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:16 pm
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Grocery stores
Views: 8359

Grocery stores

we will be staying in a condo and doing some grocery shopping upon arrival, any recommendations on good, reasonably priced grocery stores/liquor stores would be appreciated. THANKS! also any recommendations in general would help.
by lilianna
Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:32 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Pipi's
Replies: 10
Views: 3794

Re:Pipi's

just wondering why antidiarrhetics are contraindicated? my husband and I always bring immodium AD to mexico (and all other trips as well). although we have never gotten sick in PV we go to a lot of smaller towns and have had to use it a couple times, within 2 hours chills, diarrhea, vomiting, etc. w...
by lilianna
Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:54 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: air fair
Replies: 10
Views: 8898

tequila tour

When did you stay at the Krystal? We are booked there for Christmas. Have they finished the new building and did you get to stay in it? How far is it to walk from the road to the beach through the hotel grounds? Did you participate in any of the water sports? If so, what types are available, from wh...
by lilianna
Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:53 am
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Isla Marietas
Replies: 11
Views: 4531

Re:Isla Marietas

what was the other tour that you took that you enjoyed?? my husband and I are going in January and two other couples just booked to go with us. We have been to PV 3 times before, did a couple tours in 96, but not since. We would love our friends to fall in love with PV the way we have, so any recomm...
by lilianna
Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:59 pm
Topic: November Festival
Views: 3497

Birth Certificates

Just make sure it is a county issued birth certificate with a certified stamp, hospital issued birth certificates won't work. We had friends that were not allowed on the airplane with their hospital issued certificates...
by lilianna
Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:52 pm
Topic: How much can I get from a timeshare presentation?
Replies: 37
Views: 12323

Re:How much can I get from a timeshare presentatio

It seems to me that there are plenty of inexpensive ways to enjoy PV. For instance pay the 40 pesos to take the bus marked "Boca Tomatlan" or Mismaloya, get off at the stop AFTER Mismaloya, which is Boca Tomatlan, walk down through the small town, have fresh red snapper caught and grilled right ther...