Search found 81 matches

by mhahn
Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:31 am
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: new years at a AI
Replies: 2
Views: 2216

WE spent last New Years at the Golden Crown Paradise, New Years Eve they did a very nice buffet at their "nightclub" the Nitro. You made reservation beforehand, there was 200 plus people there. A tradition in Mexico is called the "twelve grapes" at New Years, you eat and make a wish on each grape th...
by mhahn
Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:30 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Holiday Inn Beware!
Replies: 72
Views: 45131

We have been to PV numerous times, stayed at several different resorts, (have our favorite) but still have been to several others, al inclusive and not. We recently returned from 2 weeks at the Holiday Inn, the only saving grace was we rented a Condo in the Sea Tower which was beautiful, we stayed t...
by mhahn
Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:46 am
Topic: Info
Replies: 3
Views: 2377

I am sure an expert will respond soon, but until then, we visited friends there, and a good landmark I can come up with, is it is very close (accross the highway) from the Gigante Store, or within 4 blocks from the Fiesta Americana Hotel, or about 10 minutes from the airport. I would stay it is appr...
by mhahn
Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:01 am
Topic: GCP all inclusive
Replies: 14
Views: 5107

Tom, You know how much we enjoy the GCP, but to expect people who are not like us to look up management to have a talk with them about there disappointments is really unrealisitc. We have been there ten times and do know some of the management staff in passing but would not spend vacation time havin...
by mhahn
Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:40 am
Topic: Holiday Inn drink prices
Replies: 12
Views: 5602

Does anyone know if the bars serve Jack Daniels? $6.00 a drink is really really steep, we will be staying in a condo, and considered doing the Ai for part of our stay, I guess at $6.00 a drink we would save big bucks! thanks for any information
by mhahn
Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:05 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: Report Arived Christmas Day
Replies: 8
Views: 5207

We are renting a condo at the Holiday Inn for two weeks, this will be a really new experience for us!
by mhahn
Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:59 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Driver
Replies: 1
Views: 2113

Driver

Several years ago we hired a drivrer by the name of Mario, he had a yelow and white cab, he also had his own website. I have lost all his information. Does this sound familiar to anyone, would like to re-contact with him for our next rip. If not, does anyone have a good recommendation for a driver f...
by mhahn
Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:54 am
Topic: Report Arived Christmas Day
Replies: 8
Views: 5207

Report Arived Christmas Day

Departed from Portalnd, OR on Christmas Day, arrived PV about 4pm, the direct flight is great! Took a taxi for $22.00US to the Tropicana for our first 5 ngihts. Staying in this area was new to us, the hotel is very clean, we had a Junior Suite which we did not really need but that is all I could res...
by mhahn
Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:52 am
Topic: Group of 50 year olds, where to stay?
Replies: 18
Views: 8573

OK, we have stayed numerous times at the Golden Crown Paradise, adults only, all inclusive, will be back one week from now. The time of year depends on the water temperature, winter months the water is cooler. The water is not like Cancun or Playa Del Carmen but still OK for floating around on a boo...
by mhahn
Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:45 am
Topic: First Time to Puerto Vallarta-HELP!
Replies: 21
Views: 11592

Oh gosh, maybe an expert will reply. The Sheraton is located as what I refer to as the end of the hotel zone, very close to the malecon and a short walk from there to what is considered "soutside" or the romantica zone. I think you are looking for something in the "hotel zone", might look up the fie...
by mhahn
Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:42 am
Topic: Can't decide between GCP or Melia PV
Replies: 11

We already have our room booked (1502 or 1703) from Dec 30-Jan 6, but there was a poster on TA that just got back and reported those rooms would not be available after 12-31- not really concerned about our Dec trip but we will be headed back to PV the end of Feb and early Mar- we will both be retire...
by mhahn
Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:51 am
Topic: Returning for 8th visit to GCP
Views: 6111

Jean- will look for you and yours on Sunday the 4th- I am sure we will be at the Breeze Bar sometime during the day,afternoon and evening! We don't leave for home until Tuesday the 6th. My birthday is in Oct, will be 57 when we meet.
by mhahn
Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:59 pm

I am sure we will be a rather loud group-4 women talking at once, I will be th "old lady" in the group-looking fporward to seeing you!
by mhahn
Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:00 am
Topic: GCP Questions
Replies: 7
Views: 4650

We have stayed at GCP 9 times, our 10th is coming up. We have found the food to be pretty darn good. The summer months are hot and humid beyond your imagination, if people don't drink at least a gallon of water a day (IMO) you will get dyhrated and sick. that is the "key" we have found, drink drink ...
by mhahn
Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:52 am

I asked this question on another post but will put it here also, -a post on TA claimed that the GCP will not have honeymoon rooms and suites availabel after 12/31 (unknown reason) any info out there??? I will be there with my daughters and daughter in law Nov 1 for 5 days, first all girsl retreat- h...
by mhahn
Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:42 am
Topic: Can't decide between GCP or Melia PV

Tom & Lorrie- Isaw on TA that the honeymoon rooms and suites were not supposedly available after 12/31-whats the info?? For the original poster, I would suggest one person making reservations for the both of you at the GCP and each making there airline reservations separately. Maybe I am missing som...
by mhahn
Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:37 am
Topic: A Vote Please - a 2 day hotel stay in PV
Replies: 6
Views: 3851

Might look into the Tropicana, from what I can tell it is not a real touristy resort, but nice, located right on the beach in the Los Muertos area. We are going to stay there in Dec. for 5 nights for a change before moving on to our tried and true Golden Crown Paradise. We are making our reserations...
by mhahn
Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:28 am
Topic: GCP - November 2007
Replies: 10
Views: 4516

GCP is in a good location, good food and drinks-just a hop , skip and jump away from where the cruise ships come in, located in what I refer to as a quaint little neighborhood location, beachfront, great staff. My husband and I have been there 9 times, I will be there in Nov also, this time taking m...
by mhahn
Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:52 am
Topic: Our 2nd Trip to Golden Crown Paradise
Replies: 10
Views: 7429

So glad you enjoyed theGCP, it is the best! Going back in Nov. with just me and my daughters and daughter in law and then again in Dec. with hubby, we have been there 9 times now and although we go else where (sometimes) we always come home to the GCP.
by mhahn
Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:46 am
Topic: Vista del Sol Condo
Replies: 3
Views: 3644

I would be very interested in reading a report once you have returned. I have looked into this complex for a futrue trip. Pleade let us know how it works out. I have looked on VRBO alot, would also like to know how the payment, and availability once you get there goes. thanks