Views: 3812

I couldn't agree more!!!!!
by mshuckleberrys
Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:56 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: A Vote Please - a 2 day hotel stay in PV
Replies: 6
Views: 3898

I like the Romatic zone or old town. Los Arcos Hotel is on the beach and close to allllllll the good eating places, bars and a fun area. Lots of Hotels in that area. Most you can walk in a get a room It is safe and easy to walk anywhere there. Even the Malecon is just a short walk along the bay. Msh...
by mshuckleberrys
Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:43 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: My attempt at a trip report
Replies: 18
Views: 12460

trip report

Hi Ellen, Good one!!!! Norma
by mshuckleberrys
Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:28 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: HEY MR GCP!!!!
Replies: 12
Views: 5293

reservations

I know Tom is popular on this board and Bruce isn't. So let's leave both of them out of this. If you make a reservation or personal message you will be at a certain place, time and date, you should let them know you can't make it as soon as possible. At least tell them you are sorry and why you didn...
by mshuckleberrys
Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:57 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Dengue fever in PV?
Replies: 5
Views: 4650

Try Bounce sheets (like you use in the dryer). Mosquitoes love me so I just carry some sheets in a plastic bag in my purse. Then get one out and rub on my skin when I see them coming. They sure work for me. I had them with me all the time I was there in Jan/Feb. Not one bite. Norma
by mshuckleberrys
Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:51 pm
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Banana Daiquiri Slush
Views: 6752

I use frozen limeade for lots of drinks. I looked everywhere last jan/feb for it and could not find it. You better bring it with you or find a good sub. I use it for all kinds of fresh fruit forzen dac or marg. My recipe is a little different tho. I fix them for my employees on Christmas eve with ou...
by mshuckleberrys
Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:49 am
Topic: Calling home from PV
Replies: 29
Views: 17118

pphone cards

Yes I did use the Telmex cards and phones because the phones are everywhere. You can always find them. mshuck
by mshuckleberrys
Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:34 am
Topic: Calling home from PV
Replies: 29
Views: 17118

phone card

Most everywhere will sell the phone cards. I got mine in Old Town across from the park in a liquor store. I used the $10. (US money) one. You just have to be sure to get the phone card and not time card for a cell phone . I called home many times and used about 3 cards in about 3 weeks. It is very e...
by mshuckleberrys
Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:35 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: New Parking Lot
Replies: 30
Views: 24240

Cardenas Parque

I spent many hours in that park over the years and it will never have the same Mexican feel. How long do you think it will last with cracks in the park floor cement? Some have already filled and others coming. It isn't even open yet. I have 2 son in construction and they would die if something they ...
by mshuckleberrys
Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:29 pm
Topic: How many on board have tickets in hand and.....
Replies: 110
Views: 42333

We are staying on Madero, l blk west of Bruce"s toward the beach. We are on the same side of the street and on the lower level where the green bars are on the window. Casa Franca. Did you see on one of the other boards ( JR's) where they caught a real croc on the beach by the GCP. I am ALMOST sure t...
by mshuckleberrys
Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:16 pm
Topic: How many on board have tickets in hand and.....
Replies: 110
Views: 42333

tickets

Leaving Jan 23 but we have to leave PV Feb 21. Darn!!!! Watch for us in OT. Ray & Norma/ mshuck
by mshuckleberrys
Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:57 pm
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Christmas goodies
Replies: 10
Views: 8961

Have you ever eaten the white choc covered oreo balls? (The center is crushed oreo cookies and cream cheese) So easy and no bake. I had them at my deli/gift shop open house again this year. Always a hit. I will send recipe, if you want. Also, a mini pecan muffin. You need the mini muffin pan. They a...
by mshuckleberrys
Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:27 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: bruces back alley bistro commercial
Replies: 19
Views: 10536

Looks GREAT!! Can't wait until Jan 07 but guess We will have to. See you then. Tell Beverly and Franca Hi for us. mshuck
by mshuckleberrys
Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:01 am
Forum: Your photos & videos of Vallarta & surroundings
Topic: Website with a lot of nice pictures in Mexico.
Views: 5542

Good Pictures. Lot of good one to look at. There are some good pictures of PV on Brenda's www.allvallarta.com BB under Photo Gallery. There is a fountain I had never seen and I must have walked by it several times. Several people have taken really good pictures. Ms huck
by mshuckleberrys
Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:09 am
Topic: Lost large black lab
Replies: 1
Views: 1536

Lost large black lab

My friend, Alfredo, has lost his black lab named Pook. He lives closed to Mega East of highway 200. He is a large dog but very friendly. Alfredo's email address is [email protected] Phone numbers 322 142 6296 or 322 224 9027. Thanks mshuck or Norma from Missouri
by mshuckleberrys
Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:25 pm
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Alcohol
Replies: 14
Views: 8784

The last Feb when we came back, we had it in our suitcase to ship thru. When they checked them before we got our tickets, they found them and they made us take them out. We had to put them on our carry on. This happened to us one other time. I have 4 sons we bring back to. So we shop before we get t...
by mshuckleberrys
Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:27 pm
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Alcohol
Replies: 14
Views: 8784

With the new security rules and MX rules, how did you bring it back? I have had to take it out of my checked luggage and put it in my carry on. Mshuck
by mshuckleberrys
Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:59 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Tours not known by many, or not advertised
Replies: 6
Views: 6493

We have been coming to PV for years and have done the tours. We like to get on a bus and go. We have been form Sayulita to El Tuito on the bus. Most we paid one way is less than $2. US each. We get on a city bus and ride it to the end and get one back (less than fifty cents each one way). We have se...
by mshuckleberrys
Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:38 pm
Topic: I DID IT!
Replies: 37
Views: 11265

Hi Ellen, I did it, too. I will be seeing you in PV in Jan. In the 20 yrs we have been going to Mexico, we never had a passport. Have my tickets and apt for Jan but no passports. They came TODAY!!!! Now just counting the days!!! Norma
by mshuckleberrys
Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:58 pm
Topic: Airfare beware....
Replies: 7
Views: 2738

We booked our RT tickets for JAN 07 earlier thru bestfares. We like Amwest and had a good price located but United was less than $300 each RT. So we are going thru Denver on United. I have read that kayak.com has some good prices and so does bestfares.com. If you are close to KC MO Frontier had some...