Search found 132 matches

by pvdeb
Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:27 pm
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: "Balthazar" - wall mural artist in/around PV
Replies: 2
Views: 3329

Villa Hermose in Conchas Chinas has some amazing Balthazar murals. You might contact them through their website and see if they can give you contact info. http://www.puerto-vallarta-vacation-rental.com/index.htm Otherwise, you could try some of the galleries in PV to see if they can and will give yo...
by pvdeb
Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:01 am
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Best breakfast joint?
Replies: 38
Views: 22984

Mama Dolores on Olas Altas south of Rodolfo Gomez. Louise and Luc do all kinds of great and inexpensive breakfast and lunch items. Fabulous crepes and things line roasted potatoes and baked beans on the sides of egg dishes. I love to sit out on the sidewalk and have breakfast there. Closed Mondays. ...
by pvdeb
Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:22 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Layover in Dallas - your help is needed
Replies: 19
Views: 8090

As luck would have it, hubby, Mom and I were out in Grapevine and Southlake this past weekend for an appt., so we drove around a bit. The downtown Grapvine has been restored and it very nice with multiple little shops, restaurants, coffee/dessert places and wine bars. BTW, Grapevine is known for pro...
by pvdeb
Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:18 pm

Ok, if you're set on BBQ, here's a link to BBQ places in the area. I can't comment personally on any of them (those specific locations for the chain ones), as I haven't eaten there. But you can read the comments given: http://www.yelp.com/search?find_loc=Grapevine%2C+TX&cflt=bbq I personally like Sp...
by pvdeb
Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:32 pm

Grapevine is just to the NW of the airport, a couple miles from the north exit. Yes, there are plentiful taxis at the airport and if I bet you could arrange to have them pick you up whenever you were ready to go back to the airport. Or they could at least give you a number to call to get a return ta...
by pvdeb
Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:58 pm

As a Dallas resident who flies out of DFW, I will say that you've made the best decision. If your bags are checked from origin all the way through to PVR, then all you'll have to do is get yourself from the gate where you land to Terminal D , which is the International Terminal. And what a terminal ...
by pvdeb
Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:09 pm
Topic: Los Muertos beach Polluted?
Replies: 56
Views: 26603

"Yeah Right" should be in all caps, but I don't want anyone saying I'm shouting. But you saying that you and Gail would be there to keep us out of trouble is like saying Kerosene can come to the party in case the fire needs to be put out. I can just hear you and Jen now...."Hhhheeeeyyyyyyyyy"
by pvdeb
Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:14 am
Topic: Los Muertos beach Polluted?
Replies: 56
Views: 26603

Uncle Jimi, I am one of Jen's friends who has fallen in love with Vallarta Sun Hotel (the Suites building is actually one street south) and Oct/Nov will be my 6th year in a row to stay there. It's become my second home and echoing Jen, you will love it there. She and I will be pool neighbors come fa...
by pvdeb
Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:33 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Huichol village?
Replies: 11
Views: 5273

No Joyce, I'm behind the camera the while time. No photos of me from that trip. But yes, though the beliefs of the Huicholes are so foreign from how I was raised, I find a special calmness and respect in those people that makes me wish our lives reflected just a fraction of the peace they seem to ha...
by pvdeb
Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:53 am

This discussion made me get busy and transfer some of the photos I took at the Huichol Village, in case anyone is interested.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/56 ... good-times
by pvdeb
Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:24 am

Joyce, 7 weeks! Wow! I'm thrilled to be able to do 4 weeks, but some day when I'm retired, I hope to do longer stints. I didn't realize you were going to PV this soon; your ticker to Ibiza confused me (but that's easily done, not your fault LOL). As far as experiencing the culture and history of the...
by pvdeb
Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:53 am

Joyce, I haven't been on this board in a long time, so don't know when you'll be in PV next, and don't know if your question arose because your friend is interested in Huichol art or if she's just looking for some kind of "authentic" experience in Mexico. If she is particularly interested in Huichol...
by pvdeb
Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:49 am

One of the wonderful things about the Huichol Indians is that they do try to preserve there traditions and heritage without letting the "western world" creep in and change things. Part of that is in keeping their villages pretty much closed to outsiders. Several years ago, I did a daytrip with the n...
by pvdeb
Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:31 pm
Topic: Mexican Feista
Replies: 6
Views: 4154

I've been to the Fiesta at La Iguana on the southside twice and it's a pretty good deal. The show is good and the food, for a buffet is passable. Drinks are not strong, but they keep coming all night. The cost was under $50. You can book online and save 10-15%.
by pvdeb
Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:28 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: Back in Canada again
Replies: 32
Views: 18911

Ellen, I was truly not offended. LOL I just had to give you a hard time. The others mentioned, who've known me for several years, will tell you that I love to give people a hard time. But it's all in fun.

Next time, I'll hike that hill with you and see your place. Deal?
by pvdeb
Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:45 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: Back in Canada again
Replies: 32
Views: 18911

I suppose I could be hurt that you didn't think meeting me also at the brunch was the highlight of your trip, but my skin is thick and I'm sure I'll survive. I'll just go cry on the shoulders of Jen, Kat and Rosie. Remember those photos I sent you? Well, send them back! Just kidding! It was great to...
by pvdeb
Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:33 pm
Topic: U.S. College Football Game Watching?
Replies: 35
Views: 15963

True Jen, you have done much to help me work on my addiction. But the seriousness of it is that while I am slugged next to you on the beach, my official itinerary and spreadsheet schedule is never far from my reach. Ok, well I have to reach past the margaritas, bloody ceasars and nachos to get to it...
by pvdeb
Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:59 pm

Hi, my name is Deb and I'm an itinerary and spreadsheet schedule addict. I admit it. But guess who everyone comes to when they can't remember when and where something was planned or what day is available to do such and such. Uh huh. Thank you Ted for reminding me when Daylight Savings Time ends. Sin...
by pvdeb
Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:41 am

Burro is fine by me. Long as 7pm gets us there for sunset. I bet we won't have to twist Ted and Gail's arms either. I'll take you up on that drink offer. You know I don't drink much.

Kat, I plan to pace my jewelry shopping. Yeah right, if you believe that let me tell you about my swampland.
by pvdeb
Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:36 pm

Howard & Ted

Sports...ho hum. Howard, while you and Ted are flying, dropping luggage and looking for your first drink, Kat and I should be on our N-th drink and "no gracias-es" for the day (except when her favorite jewelry vendor comes by) somewhere on the beach. See you both at sunset!