Search found 113 matches

by rcracing
Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:46 am
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Mismoloya
Replies: 6
Views: 12745

update on mismaloya please

These posts caught my eye a few weeks back since we are going to p.v. in a few weeks and have always enjoyed spending an afternoon on the beach at mismaloya. Previous posts were about a year old, so are all the little beach restaurants gone now? :cry: If so, we may need to go to boca but it was alwa...
by rcracing
Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:47 am
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: how busy is p.v. during spring break?
Replies: 2
Views: 2681

how busy is p.v. during spring break?

We will be in P.V. from March 14th -23rd :D and i was wondering how much busier it will be for spring break. We have usually gone in november and december, so can anyone give me a comparison. thank you
by rcracing
Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:39 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: how much are timeshares offering now?
Replies: 7
Views: 5663

good news

My son got his tax refund check so he will have have plenty of money while in p.v. I did not mean to raise controversy with this post. I agree that time in p.v. is too valuable to spend going thru a presentation. Several years back we sat thru one for the perks, as i know many people have and do, I ...
by rcracing
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:39 am
Topic: how much are timeshares offering now?
Replies: 7
Views: 5663

how much are timeshares offering now?

my son is going to pv in march on a very limited budget. unfortunately he may need to sit thru a presentation for some cash. last time i was there they were offering $300-$400 usd. is that still about the going rate? more? less? thanks for any input
by rcracing
Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:54 am
Topic: sidewalk from footbridge to burros bar area?
Replies: 3
Views: 2011

sidewalk from footbridge to burros bar area?

about 2 years ago there was a section of walkway that had not yet been built yet. it was between the footbridge over the river to the burros bar area. i guess you could say it was an extension of the malecon over to the beach restaurants/bars. that section of sidewalk has been completed now hasn't i...
by rcracing
Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:50 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: water taxi from los muertos pier to mismaloya?
Replies: 6
Views: 6491

water taxi from los muertos pier to mismaloya?

any ideas on if you can take a panga from the pier to mismaloya and if so, about how much $ are we looking at? only 4 more sleeps :D
by rcracing
Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:33 pm
Topic: bus service outside marina?
Views: 1672

thank you, my uncle has a bad hip so i'm trying not to walk him too much.
by rcracing
Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:23 am
Topic: bus service outside marina?
Views: 1672

bus service outside marina?

help me out here, it has been 2 years since we were last in pv. we will be there next week and have relatives coming in on a cruise ship on thursday. we ,of course, will be playing tour guides for the day. can't we catch the bus just outside the marina on the main road to get downtown?
by rcracing
Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:17 am
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: how far to Destiladeras beach from La Cruz?
Replies: 1
Views: 9058

how far to Destiladeras beach from La Cruz?

i have read alot about this beach but we have not been there yet. how far past la cruz is it and aside from asking the bus driver how would we know when to get off the bus? thank you
by rcracing
Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:43 am
Topic: currency conversion...looking good
Replies: 4
Views: 3480

currency conversion...looking good

has anyone been noticing the currency conversion the past couple weeks? tonight it is 13.55 pesos to the us dollar, i believe that these are some of the highest conversions in atleast 5 years. i guess there is a silver lining to the horrible economy right now :D . 8 more sleeps until home away from ...
by rcracing
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:40 am
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: hotel emperador?
Replies: 1
Views: 1954

hotel emperador?

i know it has been awhile since i've been on here but it's time since we are headed down in 3 weeks and counting. :D anyway we have stayed at playa los arcos a few times and at the rosita a few more times. obviously hard beds and lots of ammenities aren't that big a deal for us(not spending much tim...
by rcracing
Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:25 am
Topic: vans out of airport?
Replies: 15
Views: 8143

bounce530 wrote:Small world?
I live just up the hill in Paradise.
yes it is...my best friend lives up in the sawmill/billie rd. area. i really wish i was back down in your area now...the weather up in north eastern cali is pretty darn cold tonight :cry:
by rcracing
Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:35 am

Hey, RC, ya havin' fun yet? actually no davlin, though it was nice to come home to a 2 day work week last week :D . other than that it's not good because it's snowing here tonight. spoke to my son tonight, he left for chico the day after we got back from mexico, sounds like he starts at toys-r-us t...
by rcracing
Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:30 am

just outside the airport a guy asked if we were all together and needed a suburban, we said yes and asked the price. he first responded with $30 and we kept walking, he then bumped it to $20 and we took him up on it, all this was about 20 feet from the cab-ticket booth.
by rcracing
Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:26 am

answer to my own question

we were able to get a suburban out of the airport that fit all 6 of us plus luggage. the cost was $20 to hotel rosita at the begining of the malecon. i found it kind of odd though since prices are suppose to be fixed out of the airport and the cost initially started at $30. any input on this from an...
by rcracing
Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:16 am

vans out of airport?

we are traveling as a party of 6 and were wondering if in addition to taxis at the airport if there are vans that could take us all? any quick help would be greatly appreciated as we fly out monday morning... :D if we have to we can take 2 taxis but figured a van may be a better deal. thanks
by rcracing
Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:13 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: day trip to sayulita
Replies: 19
Views: 8521

i agree, take the bus from in front of walmart. we did it in october and typically the buses headed that direction were quite nice. board members....correct me if i'm wrong but i beleive it was a "compostella bus" and it cost around 5 bucks to get there
by rcracing
Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:14 am
Topic: Valentines Day
Replies: 8
Views: 3078

i'll chime in too....happy valentine's day to all. here in sunny north eastern california it's currently 15 degrees(yes that's fahrenheit) and i wish i was in p.v. or atleast getting along well enough with my valentine to keep me warm......oh well, maybe next year :roll:
by rcracing
Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:27 pm
Topic: Yes it is True!!! #10 Postponed
Replies: 22
Views: 8680

i'm with you travelbug...tonight it is, but lets expand it to having a cold one for all that cannot be there now or in the very near future
by rcracing
Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:43 am
Topic: Suntrips!?
Views: 3463

sorry to hear that about suntrips because i have used them a few times, as has some of my relatives and none of us have ever had a problem. it has been a little over a year since our last use with them so things may have changed. if stew is still out there somewhere he may have some input as to what...