Search found 183 matches

by rossk
Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:55 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: El Eden or Chico's Paradise???
Replies: 7
Views: 4461

We ate at both on our last trip in Oct 06. Chico's has always been passable to pretty good, tho expensive for what you get. Our lunch at El Eden tho was terrible. We drove there, but happened to arrive when a tour bus did. We waited over half an hour for food, and it wasn't good.
by rossk
Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:49 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Most hated Dad...arrested in PV ?
Replies: 8
Views: 2660

Must be really hated to merit two simultaneous threads :-) Any case, creatures like that make you wonder if it wouldn't be good to institutionalize a parent license, courses, psychological profile, training and so on, before earning your right to have kids. Greetings Mogens It's always amazed me th...
by rossk
Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:46 pm
Topic: what do ya thing about bogart's restaurant??
Replies: 24
Views: 17623

Ah yes, the flashlights. My eyes aren't what they used to be, I thought at first it was just me... Truthfully, every restaurant has good and bad days. Our dinner at Bogarts was very good, including dessert. On the other hand, the only meal I've had at La Piazetta, recommended by most, was mediocre a...
by rossk
Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:12 pm
Topic: what do ya thing about bogart's restaurant??
Replies: 24
Views: 17623

We missed the early bird special when we ate there last fall. Dinner for 4 wasn't cheap but was very good to excellent. My main observation is that it was quite a drive from south of town, where we were staying. Otherwise, fun and enjoyable, tho the ambience is a bit over the top (in a fun way).
by rossk
Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:06 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: pv inc october
Replies: 6
Views: 4227

October is low season, and the time of year of our last 2 visits. It can be hot, and a few showers may linger, but PV is at its greenest, and most beautiful, and the winter crowds are weeks away.
by rossk
Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:14 pm
Topic: Fish and Chips
Replies: 16
Views: 9363

My son and I had the fish and chips at Joe Jacks in Oct, and we both agreed it was some of the best we'd had. The slaw accompanying it was just ok. My wife and I ordered house specialty cocktails, and her cocktail, even after they *adjusted* it, had hardly enough tequila to detect. Overall, it's on ...
by rossk
Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:47 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: My PV Trip Report- Part 1 (Hotel Rosita)
Replies: 11
Views: 7733

lanhawk wrote:Great report, I been to PV several times and always have a hard time remembering all the things I did. :lol:
Same here, tho I always attributed it to too much tequila and cervezas...
by rossk
Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:28 am
Forum: Your photos & videos of Vallarta & surroundings
Topic: images from october trip
Replies: 15
Views: 11472

These fotos are amazing. You are making me miss PV sooo much, and I have a few months to go before I get there ... Can you tell me what kind of camera you have??? I have a Fuji Finepix S7000, about 3 yrs old, 6.3mp. I'm quite happy with it, except for its voracious appetite for batteries. It's an *...
by rossk
Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:46 pm
Forum: Your photos & videos of Vallarta & surroundings
Topic: images from october trip
Replies: 15
Views: 11472

images from october trip

Well it took awhile, but I've uploaded some of our photos from our trip last October. I haven't gotten around to captions, etc. hope to finish those up this weekend. Ross

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557113148sFNwqU
by rossk
Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:28 pm
Topic: Las Carmelitas
Replies: 5
Views: 4073

We ate there for the first time last October and wished that we had tried it on prevous visits to PV. Yes, you're on top of the hill, but for us, that was the charm, the feeling of being so far away from town, surrounded only by the lush, green, silent jungle, enjoying a classic PV sunset, watching ...
by rossk
Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:00 pm
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Christmas goodies
Replies: 10
Views: 9013

Re: Christmas Goodies

I love Fruit Cake - either the dark or the light . Always have and always will and ain't ashamed to admit it . :) I've never made my own but I'll eat any that is offered . :) Smitty, you've given me the courage to *come out* on this one. I think I'm the only one in either my family, or my wife's, w...
by rossk
Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:13 pm
Topic: the first part, Oct 13-17
Replies: 9
Views: 6502

We were unlucky cuz we DIDNT take your advice, and ended up going to El Set instead, but Diane came to trust my judgment pretty quickly. We had hoped to make it back to the Lindo Mar, but never made it. Way back, when we were planning this trip just for the two of us, we were on the verge of booking...
by rossk
Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:59 pm
Topic: barter
Views: 6995

barter

Most of us have engaged in price negotiations when purchasing things to bring back home. Interestingly, on our recent trip, it had a different twist to it. We took the taxi to Yelapa for the day, and walked to the waterfall, stopping to have some cervezas at the restaurant there. On the way back dow...
by rossk
Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:48 pm

Re: Lindo Mar

Insider tip - next trip, go 100 paces to the front entrance of the Lindo Mar and brunch there. Superior on every level. It's a favourite of locals for after church, so get there before Mass lets out. You won't be disappointed. Jennybean, that had been my intention, based mostly on comments here, an...
by rossk
Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:56 pm

the first part, Oct 13-17

On our recent trip, we managed to go to a number of places we’d previously missed, as well as returning to some old favorites. We enjoyed most everything we tried, with only a couple of disappointments. First night, our cheeseburger-loving teenagers in tow for the first time, we went to Fajita Repub...
by rossk
Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:57 pm
Topic: where to get a good steak
Replies: 95
Views: 50359

We ate out every night on our recent visit, and the best beef I had was at Bruce's and La Palapa. La Palapa has unbeatable beachside ambience at sunset, but Bruce's place is also quite charming, and I don't think I've ever had so much personal attention from an owner before. The arrachera steak is a...
by rossk
Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:35 pm
Topic: INTERNET ACCESS?
Replies: 4
Views: 2747

This is the first trip we've had to PV where we needed to have public internet access, and I was pleasantly surprised to see how many places there were. You need to look closely, some of them are not so obvious, sometimes only a sign on a door, but they are cheap. Most in old town were 10-15 pesos/h...
by rossk
Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:10 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Eloisa and Los Palmares
Replies: 4
Views: 3261

Eloisa and Los Palmares

Hi all, have just returned from a fantastic 9 nights in Vallarta, arrived at home a bit before 8 last night. Our first night was in old town, at the Eloisa. We brought our teenagers for the first time, and tho we wanted to spend most of our nights south of town, our first night was to be in town, wi...
by rossk
Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:06 pm
Topic: Baseball
Replies: 67
Views: 21331

Seems the west coast contingent is pretty thin here :( Must admit tho, the Tigers and A's looked much as they did early season, Detroit played a good game. It didnt't help for us to have a second baseman who was having his first big league outing.

Go A's!

Ross
by rossk
Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:55 pm
Topic: sunset in october
Replies: 17
Views: 6260

Re: BELIEVE ME

Thanks for your perseverance, Spud, we inquired at the restaurant, and they indeed said it was somewhere around 7:30. I have no idea where that 5:30 time comes from on the other website. I guess if it were Nuevo time, and on standard rather than daylight, that might do it... We'll reserve at 6-somet...