Search found 66 matches

by svedish
Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:29 pm
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Books at Walmart?
Replies: 6
Views: 4410

Books at Walmart?

I love to read (lots) of novels while on vacation but with this trip lasting a month, I am not inclined to pack so many. Do they have the latest paperbacks (like you would find in the US) in english? This is my 4th trip to PV but I have never been to the Sam's Club or Walmart while there. Thanks for...
by svedish
Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:14 am
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: How Many Sleeps?
Replies: 106
Views: 41759

Canto Del Sol - Here we come

Please don't warn them ... :wink:
23 Sleeps - arrive Nov 9 depart Dec 7

See you soon!
Email me if you will be there...

PS. Our 19 year old daughter will be joining us for 10 days.
by svedish
Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:01 am
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: AI vs. EP
Replies: 35
Views: 13584

We love the AI

This upcoming trip will be our 4th time in PV (Canto Del Sol Nov 9 - Dec 7). We have done both but we enjoy the convience of having food available whenever we want it. No big decision to make for 'where do we go tonight'. Plus, the drinks are 'on the house'. :mrgreen: We got such a bargin for this t...
by svedish
Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:28 am
Topic: Canto Del Sol - 3rd Visit
Replies: 3
Views: 2436

Canto Del Sol - 3rd Visit

Ross and I are going back to Canto Del Sol. We arrive Nov 9 and leave Dec 7. Four weeks in our favorite place PV !!!!!!!

How many sleeps? 23 8V8 We can't wait.
by svedish
Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:49 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Bug Repellent??
Replies: 25
Views: 10154

Re:Bug Repellent??

tuna (Dec 09, 2004 09:41 p.m.): Yes, I seem to recall an episode of survivor with someone having to pee on someelse because of a jelly fisk. Good to know as I will watch myself. Svedish, are you going to update your site with your new pics? 11 days and counting for the Mrs and I :) I hope to get wo...
by svedish
Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:41 pm
Topic: Bug Repellent??
Replies: 25
Views: 10154

Re:Bug Repellent??

Consider bringing an ammonia pen if you are going swimming in the ocean. I never worried about it, but this recent trip was stung badly all over leg and arm by a jellyfish. Likely was just a fluke, as there were no warnings from resort staff, nor had any washed ashore.
by svedish
Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:32 pm
Topic: Last few days weather
Replies: 8
Views: 4315

Re:Last few days weather

I just came back on Tuesday night after spending 2 weeks. Mornings and most evenings had light to heavy clouds in the mountains. Only one day was it cloudy near the ocean. (But NO RAIN!) It was still quite nice. Still spent day at pool and got plenty of suntan that day. The one cloudy day was a reli...
by svedish
Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:34 am
Topic: Re: Canto del Sol, Plaza Vallarta
Replies: 13
Views: 3895

Re: Canto del Sol, Plaza Vallarta

Hello - It's me again - Thanks for the nice comments about my website. I'm going back again TODAY. Yes, we are staying at the Canto del Sol and taking my camera again. I'll write a trip report as soon as I can. We are not departing until Dec 7. Please stop by and say hello to us if you are in the ar...
by svedish
Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:25 am
Topic: BEACH AT CANTO DEL SOL
Views: 2241

Re:BEACH AT CANTO DEL SOL (Today :)

Well, our flight leaves in about 3 hours - I'm so excited. This vacation is so needed! Ross and I decided to do something about these hard beds we have found in Mexico. We have a very thick down pillowtop for our King bed at home. We packed it ! No more restless nights on the hard bed. So we have to...
by svedish
Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:18 am
Topic: I'm going to PV today !!!
Replies: 2
Views: 2991

I'm going to PV today !!!

Hello all, I will be arriving in PV today at 3:00 PM - Checking into the Canto Del Sol again. We had a blast last time. Stop by and say hello if you are there. See my last trip report at www.svedish.com click on the photos tab and look for Puerto Vallarta 2004 Days 1-2-3, 4-5-6, etc. Hope to see you...
by svedish
Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:38 pm
Topic: BEACH AT CANTO DEL SOL
Views: 2241

Re:BEACH AT CANTO DEL SOL

10 days and counting ! This will be our 2nd trip this year to PV. We were there for 13 days in Feb/Mar 04. We had so much fun at the Canto Del Sol last time so decided to go again. We will be there Nov 24 - Dec 7. Check out my website for a trip report. Lots of photos too. www.svedish.com Margie (Sv...
by svedish
Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:40 pm
Topic: WHERE THE HELL ARE...?
Replies: 110
Views: 41935

Re:WHERE THE HELL ARE...?

Margie (svedish) & Ross Crozier from Vancouver, WA (Hey Chuck we're neighbors?) We arrive in 10 days !!! Nov 24 - Dec 7 - Staying at the Canto Del Sol again. We had such a blast last time. See my photos and trip report at www.svedish.com - click on the photos tab. I'm having a hard time concentratin...
by svedish
Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:14 pm
Topic: PV & Canto Del Sol - Here we come !!
Views: 4373

PV & Canto Del Sol - Here we come !!

Hello All - Sorry I haven't been on the board since last spring. Hope everyone is enjoying their trips to PV. Ross and I will be returning to PV and the Canto Del Sol November 24 (or the 25th if Alaska Air bumps us again). I'm looking forward to another great trip and yes, I will be bringing my came...
by svedish
Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:04 am
Topic: Canto Del Sol
Replies: 2
Views: 1561

Re:Canto Del Sol

Thanks Smitty - So sorry to be responding so late. Need to catch up on work now that I'm back at home. I'm really glad that you like my website. I had so much fun putting the Puerto Vallarta photos on. Now to scan the photos of our other trips (non digital back then) and post those as well. I love g...
by svedish
Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:41 am
Forum: Your photos & videos of Vallarta & surroundings
Topic: Wow What a Vacation - Many Photos !!!!
Replies: 11
Views: 12725

Re:Wow What a Vacation - Many Photos !!!!

Hello Rita,
I received your email today. Thank you so much for the lovely note. I have responded to you. Look in your inbox (at work?)
Take care,
Margie
Marguerite (s) ;-)
by svedish
Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:49 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: A Great Two Weeks at CP
Replies: 3
Views: 2348

Re:A Great Two Weeks at CP

Hello!
Did you take photos? Will you be posting them? Sure hope so. Would love to see the CP.
Thanks!
by svedish
Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:12 am
Topic: POLL:Web cam size larger or refresh more?
Replies: 21
Views: 7465

Re:POLL:Web cam size larger or refresh more?

Mogens,
I like it just the way it is. Thanks so very much for being the "mover" and giving us the different views that you now do. I realize it takes time out of you day, and may be quite expensive to enlarge - just wanted to say thank you for what you give us now.
Svedish
by svedish
Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:55 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Time-Share Sales
Replies: 13
Views: 13560

Re:Time-Share Sales

Okay I've listened to much talk on this subject and will now say my peace. I've never had a problem saying no and not being further bothered. It may help that my husband speaks Spanish, but I do know how to walk away (and close my ears) and I have never been violated with filthy language, either her...
by svedish
Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:29 pm

Hit the back button by mistake - posted twice :)
by svedish
Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:36 pm

Hello J. Bird and chiquitawannabe, Thanks so much for the great compliments!! Yes, J. Bird we were there at the same time. I was there Feb 28 – Mar 11. I missed the cowboy’s competition but I’m sure I would have loved it. So a real cowboy and a fireman! :) The one on the left in my photos is named M...