Search found 321 matches

by teduardo
Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:05 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: recent south side muggings
Replies: 9
Views: 10551

Ahhh…how lovely, good old friends back together again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSCYmV3_r6k
by teduardo
Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:17 am
Topic: Zip Line Tour Robberies?
Replies: 30
Views: 22410

The frequent misinformation on this board was what I was talking about, but his majesty didn't like my reference to the fact the only useful info on this board is about the freakin GCP and who can drop the most GCP staff names. So by his request I will quietly join the folks already banned form this...
by teduardo
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:00 pm
Topic: Zip Line Tour Robberies?
Views: 22410

OK now the real story. This happened at the end of the day at the Los Veranos Canopy Tour when there were no tourists around, they were counting money to pay the employees, when one of the drivers came to the assistance of the cashier he was shot and killed by the robbers. There is plenty of accurat...
by teduardo
Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:21 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Ocean safety
Replies: 11
Views: 4971

The foam has been around since at least early May, I'm surprised it is still there
by teduardo
Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:32 pm
Topic: Ocean safety
Views: 4971

His Majesty has asked Jenny to stay away from his board, but since I'm on the phone with her at the moment, she says the VDPF is not near any rivers or tributaries so it should be OK.

PM me if you want a link to a useful map.
by teduardo
Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:54 pm
Topic: Holiday Inn Beware!
Replies: 72
Views: 43906

poodlelady wrote:Sorry for offending all the Canadian birds that flock to Puerto Vallarta year after year. I guess I am considered a spoiled princess afterall....... :idea:
Gosh...sure wish we were Canadian so we could go year after year.

I think the Honolulu suggestion was a good one for her.
by teduardo
Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:56 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Best breakfast joint?
Replies: 38
Views: 22211

Re: listo

las marguaritas is finished gondo That does not make me happy at all, we really enjoyed the place. I can't tell you how many times we arrived there unannounced with a large group and were always very well taken care of. And when there was a wait at Fredy's we could always get a great breakfast ther...
by teduardo
Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:22 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Santa Maria is no more
Replies: 18
Views: 9708

I just went to the Crucero Santamaria website, and the name of the larger white boat is called Bahia Alegre, the tanish 3 level one is or was the Santamaria.

Mogens, You might want to check with them, I noticed another tour sales site has the trip as no longer available.
by teduardo
Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:10 pm
Topic: My Wife's Birthday is on Thursday - Need Some Advice Please!
Replies: 9
Views: 4548

We did RON in '02 or '03 and it was a buffet.
by teduardo
Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:05 pm
Topic: Santa Maria is no more
Replies: 18
Views: 9708

Wow!

Kat, Wasn't that the new Santa Maria? That boat wasn't very old was it?

And yes the bay can get treacherous. Hey Kat, remember that freak wind storm that kicked up in Oct '04? Man Oh Man, the freakin cruise ships were having major trouble, much less the excursion boats.
by teduardo
Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:00 pm
Topic: Holiday Inn Beware!
Replies: 72
Views: 43906

Albeit several years ago we were taken to a dark, extremely musty (even for Mexico) room at the HI. Went to the front desk and asked if there was anything better available. Well we wound up on the top floor, pretty much an ordinary room, but it was on the corner and had an 1100 sq ft wrap around dec...
by teduardo
Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:34 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Make sure your stomach is prepared
Replies: 12
Views: 6011

It is also a good idea to take acidophilus for a couple of weeks after getting home. The tummy gets used to what you were eating on vacation and needs to adjust back to north of the border again. My wife forgot on one trip and had problems about 4 days after we got home, that was maybe 10 or 11 trip...
by teduardo
Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:12 am
Topic: Day pass at los arcos hotel
Replies: 10
Views: 3994

There are plenty of places along Playa Los Muertos you can get a palapa or an umbrella without paying 200 up front, as long as you eat and or drink. I don't know what PLA's prices are like, but I bet most will be less expensive than what a hotel charges. Some of the restaurant/bar choices are: época...
by teduardo
Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:44 pm
Topic: Plaza Mar Condos
Replies: 7
Views: 3420

If you rent at VDS, try to get a unit that ends with 06 or higher to avoid the construction noise from the Molino De Agua condo project.
by teduardo
Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:07 pm
Topic: Sunset Time
Views: 4843

Mexico does not go to daylight saving until 2AM April 6th.
by teduardo
Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:37 am
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Teatro Limon
Views: 13140

Re: new menu now posted

teatrolimon wrote:and yes i have lobster now too
I was just on the phone with Bruce, and this pleases me to no end, his lobster tails are some of the best I've had. Can't wait!
by teduardo
Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:50 pm
Topic: Sunset Time
Views: 4843

If you go to the bottom of the page on this site, you can enter the dates you want to know about. I've used it for several years and found it quite accurate.

http://www.irbs.com/tides/locations/4605.html

BTW is says 7:09 for 03/11

Congratulations too!
by teduardo
Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:56 pm
Topic: Dress code at Royal Decameron
Replies: 21
Views: 11727

Sorry didn't intend to offend, but I've never stayed at an AI, and somehow figured all inclusive meant all inclusive.
by teduardo
Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:22 pm
Topic: Dress code at Royal Decameron
Replies: 21
Views: 11727

glacierroasters wrote:remember to bring soap/shampoo, etc...they do not provide those kind of things as I recall.
An all inclusive resort that doesn't supply soap and shampoo? Sounds odd to me..
by teduardo
Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:39 pm
Topic: Los Muertos beach Polluted?
Replies: 56
Views: 25290

And if Howard is out fishing, you two will have Gail and I to keep you out of trouble.

yeah right :)