Search found 84 matches

by tim25
Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:32 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: teatro limon information
Replies: 9
Views: 5051

The new place sounds excellent - can't wait to try the new menu. See you in January!
by tim25
Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:49 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Survivor Puerto Vallarta
Replies: 16
Views: 9383

Dear God, tell me this hack is finished.
by tim25
Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:49 am

I'm surprised - this woman writes for a LIVING? How does she survive?
by tim25
Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:09 am
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: X-mas night
Replies: 1
Views: 1433

I was in PV Christmas Eve a few (Like 8) years ago, and it was excellent - lots of locals out on the Malecon having a great time. It's not like here (BC) where they fold up the sidewalks at 5:30 PM on Christmas Eve. Everybody goes out, has a good time, then goes to Mass at midnight - they celebrate ...
by tim25
Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:04 am
Topic: porky's revenge
Replies: 2
Views: 1487

Dear God!

Please tell me that this issue will be dealt with by January 5th!

:D

If not, well I'm sure we'll survive... just stay up later the night before and have "lunch" for breakfast!
by tim25
Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:58 am

Ummmm... started interesting, however the rest is a political rant. The fact is that this is a PV website, not a political blog.

This is just my opinion, but personally I don't think this article belongs on this site.

My $.02 pesos...
by tim25
Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:55 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: The Airport Gauntlet
Replies: 14
Views: 8941

Would be nice if they were gone, but I don't think it's going to happen. Just get thru the customs "lottery", grab yer bags and head thru the gauntlet. Eyes forward, head down, ignore all the BS and head outside. There you'll find either your tour bus or proper taxi's that will take you to your hotel.
by tim25
Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:25 am
Topic: Ticker
Replies: 75
Views: 19030

I know the feeling! Almost time to go!
by tim25
Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:17 pm
Topic: GREY CUP CHAMPIONS . . .
Replies: 18
Views: 6121

ronald wrote:Hey Fred:

Think rematch next November in Montreal.. It's a better city to party in.

"What do you call 46 guys sitting on a bench watching the Grey Cup game?

The B.C. Lions
Ooooo... that hurt!
by tim25
Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:42 pm
Topic: Another article..
Replies: 8
Views: 2925

Minus 38?? Damn, that's cold, here in Vancouver things grind to a halt at -5, and don't even talk about snow...
by tim25
Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:29 pm
Topic: DELETED
Replies: 17
Views: 5606

Just a month to go! Can't wait!
by tim25
Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:53 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Golden Crown Newbies...
Replies: 15
Views: 6371

Thanks for the help everybody! The wifey and I can hardly wait.

Andy and Cheryl - you'll be able to spot Amy and I easily - I'm the tall pasty fat guy with the pretty brunette! See you there.
by tim25
Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:13 am
Topic: Testing my Ticker
Replies: 46
Views: 17281

Can't seem to get my ticker working either. Any help out there?
by tim25
Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:01 am
Topic: Golden Crown Newbies...
Replies: 15
Views: 6371

Golden Crown Newbies...

Thanks to all the PR on these boards, the better half and I are going to the GCP on Jan 5 / 07 for the first time. I've been to PV a half dozen times and this will be the better half's second time. What I'm looking for is recommendations on what to do, who to see, where to eat etc while we're there,...
by tim25
Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:11 pm
Topic: Tipping, Tipping, Tipping
Replies: 49
Views: 98355

we always tip - depending on the service... on another note - not to sound stupid - but does the US have $2 bills? we just discussed this at home the other day... in Canada we have the toonie but what about the states? :) Yes, the US does have $2 bills, they're just not that common - I believe that...
by tim25
Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:42 am
Topic: best AI in PV
Replies: 31
Views: 13728

Tom, after reading these boards, the other half and I decided on the GCP for our vacation this year, we'll be there on the 12th of March. The only things I need more information about are the beach (size, surf, vendors / timeshare vultures), and how much it costs to upgrade your room. Any help would...
by tim25
Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:42 am
Topic: Canadian Travellers Cheques
Replies: 6
Views: 3961

I'm not sure what the obsession with traveller's cheques are in this day and age. Your Canadian bank card will work at virtually any ATM in PV. Just use cash, save yourself the hassle, and you'll also get a much better exchange rate - even with the service charges. Just withdraw a wad of Pesos and k...
by tim25
Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:37 am
Topic: Royal Decameron
Replies: 12
Views: 5593

I have to admit that I do love the RD, and I have recommeneded the place to many friends who all agree that it is a wonderful place. The one thing that I do tell everyone who is going there - watch out for the "overbooking" deal. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T TAKE THEM UP ON THE OFFER TO MOVE TO ANOTHER HO...
by tim25
Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:34 pm
Topic: another question? December Swims!
Replies: 2
Views: 2529

The water is totally swimable in December. While it is not Cancun clear, it is warm and wonderful, and if you head out to the bay to go snorkling, it IS Cancun clear. I can't wait to get back!!!! (It's snowing right now....)
by tim25
Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:25 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: senior frog's
Replies: 7
Views: 3962

No difference at all (other than a little decor). They're all tourist traps. Try something different - not to mention a whole lot cheaper - try Andale's on Olas Atlas! Be sure to ride the donkey!