Search found 4558 matches

by tojol57
Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:17 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: No moderators anymore?
Replies: 9
Views: 5113

burned out

i used to come here all the time as well - and still am listed as a moderator. it just got too hard to work, moderate, visit, try to help people, etc... as Sylvia said, she can visit with people on Facebook, that is where Lorrie and I do a lot of posting, working, visiting, etc.. sorry for being gon...
by tojol57
Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:04 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: Trip Report to the Golden Crown Paradise March 11 - 19
Replies: 7
Views: 9760

thanks Chris, it has been a while since Lorrie and i have been on the board... and we are going to try to get back to regular posting after taking some time off for each other, for family, and stuff....

thanks again
by tojol57
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:54 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Golfing in Puerto Vallarta
Replies: 1
Views: 3186

sorry i missed you - the Marina course is walkable... they GCP has packages up to the Wieskopf and the Nicholas courses as well.. the GCP also has a clay tennis court as well
by tojol57
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:50 pm
Topic: Polly is Back!!!
Replies: 3
Views: 2667

feels good

Hey Bruce, it feels good to be back on the board again... need to find more time to be on the board, but it still feels good
by tojol57
Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:42 pm
Topic: Polly is Back!!!
Views: 2667

it was great

we just got back from the GCP and it was wonderful to see my "little brother" back to work that is for sure .... he sure has come a long ways from that car accident that almost took his life... i am glad that the resort stood behind him all these months and went after the drunk driver that hit Poly ...
by tojol57
Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:40 pm
Topic: okay, whose coming to GCP in November?
Views: 2347

what dates???

we will be back 19th - 26th for my birthday!!! My actual birthdate is the day we leave.. but Norma and Jorge at the Club Nitro are planning a weekful of events... as well as Chef Bruce Bing at Teatro Limon.... that party countdown is on....
by tojol57
Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:38 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: GCP
Replies: 17
Views: 14212

just back

My Lorrie and I just completed our 20th trip to this resort over the last 13 yrs... it was fantastic as usual... we met so many new people this trip too... Mr and Mrs Crown was just having a blast with the staff... for those repeaters... Poly is back to work. he is working breakfast buffet in Paradi...
by tojol57
Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:49 pm
Topic: Counting down!! Anyone Else counting down??
Replies: 131
Views: 56812

leaving March 11th - 19th to our home away from home... the GCP... see you all down there then xoxox have a great day one and all
by tojol57
Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:10 pm
Topic: New Trip Dates.
Replies: 8
Views: 4327

March 11th - 19th

We are heading back home to the GCP in March 2011 during spring break for the wife from the High School...
by tojol57
Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:09 pm
Topic: Alive and Well
Replies: 1
Views: 1913

Alive and Well

I know it has been a long time since we have been on the BB... a lot has been happening in our world. Lorrie and I are just fine, but we lost her father back in December. As some of you remember, he fell out of a tree 6.5 yrs ago, and since June 2010 he has been going down hill. And our work schedul...
by tojol57
Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:33 am
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: New to Puerto Vallarta
Replies: 29
Views: 15141

AI is not death sentence

I have yet to figure out why staying at an AI resort is a death sentence to a vacation or is a "stop sign" to visiting all the wonderful Resturants in Vallarta... We have been staying at the Golden Crown Paradise (the adults only all inclusive) for the last 13-14 yrs (this will be our 16th or 17th t...
by tojol57
Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:41 pm
Topic: First visit
Replies: 6
Views: 2729

Vote Krystal

I agree with Kat, i think you would get a better deal with them for a day pass. they do have a decent beach area, their massages are reasonable, and they have a nice pool and sun deck area as well... enjoy we will be at the GCP down the beach from the Krystal from the 12th - 20th.... enjoy vallarta....
by tojol57
Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:18 am
Topic: wheelchair access
Views: 3306

some of the areas are better than others... but not everything is 100% handicap accessible not to mention wheel chair accessible. when we were down a year ago thanksgiving with my wife's dad who is confined to a wheel chair, we used Accessible Mexico for transportation, rental of an electric wheelch...
by tojol57
Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:05 am
Topic: Ticker
Replies: 4
Views: 2194

well you have to start with going to tickerfactory.com. you want to build it there, and then you copy the HTML link from there into your profile...

good luck, if you need further assistance come on back and i will see if i can help you some more... ok
by tojol57
Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:02 am
Topic: Canadian Men and Women kick A**
Replies: 2
Views: 1852

buggers on both counts.... good run though... nordic events, 4 man bobsled team 37 medals.... oh well wait in 4 more years ha ha ha
by tojol57
Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:44 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Miller Lite
Replies: 12
Views: 8832

but why spend money on an "Import" when there are so many wonderful local beers in mexico... remember people - your bud products, your miller lite products, coors light, etc are all imports to Mexico... so reverse your thought process... when you complain that imports like pacifico, corona, dos xx, ...
by tojol57
Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:38 pm
Topic: i am Baaaaaack
Replies: 11
Views: 4148

Yea.... Please Stay... :) thanks sylvia... we will try to be here as much as we can... it has been a ruff 90 days, but we are thru it, and we are on the mend, and we are ready for winter to be over and get down to Vallarta and enjoy the company of our friends and family down there xoxoxo take care,...
by tojol57
Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Re: Hey Tom And Lorrie

We missed both of you and are glad you are posting again . :) Hey Smitty - we are glad to be back as well... we will try to be out here more and more as time permits... we will be leaving for Vallarta in 12 days... can't wait to get down and see everybody thanks for your continued support for us......
by tojol57
Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:55 pm
Topic: Only 4 more sleeps
Replies: 5
Views: 2480

we will be down in two weeks - march 12th... maybe we will see you both or just miss you ... take care Joyce Fred Ellen David miss you all
by tojol57
Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:53 pm

sorry Tom, how are those HAWKEYES doing? it is kind of like the old addage - don't ask, don't tell.... the hawkeyes just don't have the recruits in Basketball like they do in Football or they don't know how to get kids to buy into the programs like they do in Football... oh well the party light is ...