Search found 186 matches

by stew
Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:57 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Darn Key won't work
Replies: 7
Views: 3460

Re: The fence

I think once the horse was pronounced dead, there was no sense beating it anymore. Everybody brought forth many valuable thoughts and ideas, but it was going no where when Moderator Winterpegman closed the thread. Everybody had made their arguments, and it was starting to go now where.. tempers wer...
by stew
Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 pm
Topic: Darn Key won't work
Views: 3460

Respone

Thanks Syliva. He seems to be a world unto himself. Another poster gave a link to statistics on the dangers of Parasailng which was fact. Intresting that my posts was opinion (including people I personaly know who died doing it) and his "I have friends who run a parasail & they are real nice" is fact.
by stew
Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:17 pm
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Everyting but be fine.
Replies: 23
Views: 21358

Weather

well just for having warm weather i hope we albertans bring u more snow and cold lol. actually the last 2 days have been nice. nice as in u still need a winter jacket. not as in a winter jacket, hat, gloves, 2 pairs of pants like it has been. meery christmas guys It is almost Balmy today in Oakland...
by stew
Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:17 am
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Question about opening a business in PV.
Replies: 12
Views: 15283

Business

It is very difficult to open any business in Mexico. My good friend Lola Bravo owner of The Red Cabbage Café had over 25 business years experience in Mexico before opening the Cabbage in '97. Officials drove her nuts but she made it through. My suggestion is to first contact the nearest Mexican Cons...
by stew
Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:48 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Everyting but be fine.
Replies: 23
Views: 21358

Temp

well cdndude we are on a warming trend in Iowa ... we are still at 21 degrees tonight... compared to below zero last week... so we are feeling a tropical heat wave today... and supposed to be in the 40's by the weekend... but it is nothing like the beaches and sunsets of Vallarta... 8) tom It was 6...
by stew
Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:11 pm
Forum: Your photos & videos of Vallarta & surroundings
Topic: Three albums featuring PV on webshots
Replies: 8
Views: 9941

Pics

Great Pictures! Thank you
by stew
Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:22 am
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Parasailing Cost?
Replies: 31
Views: 15535

Re: Sea, Land, Air - Be Careful

I understand several of the chain hotels offer discounts on body bags for shipping the cadaver home. That attempt at humor, isn't even remotely funny, and makes your previous points/concerns far less valid than they would be without comments like this. Now you sound irrational. You just can not sto...
by stew
Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:45 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Favorite Restaurant with incredible view suggestion?
Replies: 16
Views: 8490

Re: Sunset Dinner

[quote="Jennybean"]One of the nicest places I've eaten with a sunset view at dinner was actually La Playita at the Lindo Mar resort in Conchas Chinas. They have multiple shrimp dishes for reasonable prices and the view...spectacular. Muy romantico![/quote] Almost forgot about that gem! Good Suggesti...
by stew
Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:40 pm

Re: Sea, Land, Air - Be Careful

The hotels all have big disclaimer notices about these activities . So make sure you have adequate out of country medical coverage . Weigh the risks and enjoy your holiday . :)[/quote]

I understand several of the chain hotels offer discounts on body bags for shipping the cadavor home.
by stew
Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:29 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: NYE BEACH PARTY
Replies: 4
Views: 4327

20 hours on the Beach? SCARY!
by stew
Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:53 pm
Topic: Credit Cards?
Replies: 6
Views: 3396

Re: Credit Cards

Some, not all. Word to the wise - don't let the card out of your sight if you intend to use it in restaurants or stores, as instances of cloning are becoming as common in Mexico as they are in Canada and the US. You might also want to phone your card company before you go to let them know when you ...
by stew
Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:48 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Timeshare purchase
Replies: 15
Views: 7383

TS

There are a lot of people that I know who bought TS and use them rarely or have sold them as Stew said at a much lower price. They are not for me, give a an AI anytime. Get a good package for a resonable price and still have enough cash to go out on the town, knowing you still can have a room and f...
by stew
Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:00 am
Topic: Timeshare purchase
Views: 7383

TS

If you look on the net you will find many resales at far less then the original price.
by stew
Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:57 am
Topic: New Years Eve Festivities????
Views: 3232

Re: New Years Eve Festivities????

Hi there, I will be in PV for New Years Eve, and was wondering if there will be any special activities that will be happening on that night. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks Just about anything you want. There will be lots of fireworks, unfortunately some guns being shot off & all the clubs,...
by stew
Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:39 pm
Topic: no reservations for hotel
Replies: 5
Views: 2972

Re: Hotels

Because that's the busiest time of the year other than Easter, best be prepared to buck up if you can actually find a room. I just spent three days wearing out all my contacts and bookmarks to try and find an inexpensive room for a friend looking to go down Christmas day with no luck. Look at what ...
by stew
Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:07 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Favorite Restaurant with incredible view suggestion?
Replies: 16
Views: 8490

View

Stop at El Nido (The nest) the Roof top bar at Los Cuatro Vientos Hotel for a sunset cocktail. A fabulous view high above down town Vallarta.
by stew
Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:05 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: please settle the taxi from airpoirt to hotel dilema
Replies: 20
Views: 13944

It only cost 40 peso's each (thats about 40 cents).

Have fun.

adios,

T.[/quote]

40 pesos is at todays rate 3.80 USD. Do you mean 4 pesos? That would be about 38 cents.
by stew
Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:41 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: Getting back to my room after Clubbing
Views: 8904

Re: Getting back to my room after Clubbing

This will be my first time to PV. I so love this forum for finding out all kinds of great info. What I was wondering was about getting back to my Hotel after clubbing for the night. I think I will be staying close enough to most of the clubs to walk, but I will be a single woman, alone and most lik...
by stew
Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:11 am
Topic: Leaving TOMORROW MORNING!!!
Replies: 5
Views: 3185

Leaving

Tom's got it backwards.Freak Snowstorm hitting PV around noon tomorrow forcing it's airport to divert all planes to Des Monies! LOL!
by stew
Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:22 pm

Sorry bit we will forever disagree on this issue.Because you like someone does not make them a good safe operation. Statisticly there is no more dangerous activity in Mexico That is a fact! So keep your head in the sand if you must, but please do not encourge others to do so. I'm done debating you! ...