Search found 27 matches

by pvfan
Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:14 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Watch....The Drunk Monkeys.....
Replies: 1
Views: 1479

Too funny, I can't imagine looking up and seeing a monkey running away with my drink!

Poor little guys, what do they do about the hangover?!?
by pvfan
Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:51 am
Topic: Vancouver's dirty little secret
Replies: 21
Views: 7251

Anyway, curious to hear what your personal stats with crime are (all of you). 1. My son was the victim of a hit and run driver just over 10 years ago. He survived (thank God), and the driver was eventually found, and charged. (Only received 1 day in prison and a fine, but that was something at leas...
by pvfan
Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:45 pm
Topic: fourteen days
Replies: 9
Views: 2572

So tired of the deep cold, this has got to be a record for longest cold snap. It's -32 celsius today, and after the temps lately, that almost feels balmy.

I feel for you guys with all the snow, hoping it's not heading up here!

3 more days....
by pvfan
Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:06 am
Topic: earthquake
Replies: 2
Views: 1373

Did you feel the quake, Chico?
by pvfan
Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:00 am
Topic: Mexico Fears
Replies: 20
Views: 8230

Re: Be afraid

oneistwo wrote:but to say something happened in "Mexico" and therefore one is at risk in PV is just nonsense.
Hear Hear! Some of the people I work with have been trying to convince me that I shouldn't be going this year. "Too dangerous".

Wasn't Winnipeg the "Murder Capital" in recent years? mmm, hmmm.
by pvfan
Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 am
Topic: Simple but very wise...
Replies: 7
Views: 2247

Enjoyed that very much. Thank you.

Beth
by pvfan
Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:55 am
Topic: I have a question... (bringing seeds back home)
Replies: 14
Views: 4628

Thanks for the response. That's pretty much what I thought as well. So, my assumption is that the people Dave has read about smuggled the seeds back. Not good. You are a landscape technician? Do you run your own business? I see you are from Manitoba, may have other plant questions for you at some po...
by pvfan
Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:49 am

lol, Ronald, totally not into THAT. More so the palm trees and bananas. We have a pretty wild collection already, but he likes to grow them from seed. And if we can bring seeds back from our second home, that would be wonderful! I'll check out the site you posted, and let Dave know about it as well....
by pvfan
Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:32 am

I have a question... (bringing seeds back home)

My husband is an avid gardener, and he would love to pick up seeds that he finds on the ground in PV. He has read on gardening bulletin boards about people picking up seeds and propagating them. My question is.... Is this legal? Can you pick up seeds from plants and legally bring them back home? I'v...
by pvfan
Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:02 am
Topic: TGIF...Great Dancing ..Great Editing
Replies: 6
Views: 2101

That was adorable, and it made my night. Thank you!
by pvfan
Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:15 am
Topic: No More Beach Vendors????
Replies: 16
Views: 4409

I just can't imagine being on the beach without vendors! They are part of the spice and fun of PV! I've bought some really neat souvenirs from them, and love having a chat. We've met vendors that have been to Winnipeg, and ones that want to come here. Nice to go somewhere that people know your homet...
by pvfan
Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:42 pm
Topic: I HOPE THIS PICTURE SAYS IT ALL
Replies: 6
Views: 2572

Love it! That's hilarious!
by pvfan
Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:59 am
Topic: You never think it will happen to someone you know.
Replies: 28
Views: 8049

So very glad to hear that both boys are back with their families! What a nightmare for all. I can't imagine what it must be like for the family of the boy that was missing for 4 years! What that poor kid went through! My prayers are still with all the families involved. Hope the bastard rots in hell.
by pvfan
Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:08 am
Topic: You never think it will happen to someone you know.
Replies: 28
Views: 8049

That is horrible! I feel sick to my stomach. My thoughts are with this boy, and my prayers as well.

Palapa_gal, I know your fears. I have 4 kids, and when we are out, I find I spend most of my time counting heads. There is no fear larger than losing your child.
by pvfan
Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:07 am
Topic: ?How many times have you been to pvr?
Replies: 35
Views: 13449

We've been to PV twice. Can't wait until our 3rd trip. Stayed at Las Palmas each time.

Beth
by pvfan
Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:36 am
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Just booked to take the kids with us this time...
Replies: 4
Views: 9191

Thank you both for your responses. I'm having a hard time figuring out what we want to do with the kids, as all three that are coming are so very different. One (9 year old), wants to save the world, and just bringing gifts for the local kids will give her the big Ooomph of the trip. The twelve year...
by pvfan
Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:57 am
Topic: Just booked to take the kids with us this time...
Replies: 4
Views: 9191

Just booked to take the kids with us this time...

We are staying at Las Palmas again, and I'm so excited to show off to the kids everything we have talked about after the last two trips. Is there anything we "should" do with the kids? I want to do the swim with the dolphins bit, but am interested in anything you have tried with your kids, that they...
by pvfan
Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:57 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: had a blast
Replies: 5
Views: 3598

I get a kick out of the hot dog thing. Reading these posts brought a smile to my face.

I also enjoyed my fried "ham" sandwich at Las Palmas. Was really bologna. but it was excellent!
by pvfan
Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:42 am
Topic: C Y C´S CAMS
Replies: 10
Views: 3479

Glad to see their webcam is up and running again. Missed watching....
by pvfan
Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:10 pm
Topic: Las Palmas Reviews
Replies: 9
Views: 4861

Just got home from Las Palmas last night, and I miss it already. This year we had an oceanview room on the 4th floor, and loved it. Watching the sun set through the palm trees was an awe inspiring event. It was nice to go back and see some familiar faces. The staff are incredible, they do whatever i...