Search found 19 matches

by carolb1
Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:49 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: Visiting Pelicanos soon...
Replies: 14
Views: 8213

Plaza Pelicanos

Lucky you !!! I'm not going till the end of January and I'm getting really excited about it... Please keep in touch with me and let me know how your stay there went and maybe clue me in on things I might wanna know.... Have A Great Time !! Hi there, U can e-mail me and I can answer your questions a...
by carolb1
Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:01 am
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Yahoo It's finally here
Replies: 1
Views: 1758

Yahoo It's finally here

We will be leaving for the airport in 8 hours. Thought this day was never going to get here. We will be in PV by lunch time. Tks to everyone for all the info you have provided. Even though I have been to PV many times, there is still lots to learn. Have a Happy New Year and I hope a Prosperous one s...
by carolb1
Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:43 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: Visiting Pelicanos soon...
Replies: 14
Views: 8213

going to PV soon

Go to vallartainfo.com/map

they have some good maps. I also am staying at the plaza pelicanos. leaving this sat for 2 weeks. yahoo
by carolb1
Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:56 am
Topic: Spread a Little Love on Christmas
Replies: 7
Views: 3020

Spread a Little Love on Christmas

well said everyone. I tend to agree with all of you. I always remember my dad telling me when I was a kid, When in Rome, do as the Roamans do, When in Canada, do as the Canadians do. I have no problem with anyone celebrating their on beliefs, but please remember, you chose to come to Canada Have a v...
by carolb1
Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:24 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Last Minute Deals
Replies: 25
Views: 24346

Last Minute Deals

I'm in Calgary and I always watch
www.selloffvacations.com
www.itravel2000.com
I always watch the newspaper on Thursday and Sat's When I see a deal. I then call Sam my travel agent. He matches prices.

Yahoo, only 10 more sleeps and we'll be in paradise.

Carol
by carolb1
Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:38 am
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Parasailing Cost?
Replies: 31
Views: 15623

Parasailing

Ok, I just had to answer. A few years ago, myself, daughter and son in law went. We were staying @ Paradise Village that time. We decided to go, only because they actually winched you off of a boat and then back onto the boat. I felt much safer. I have really bad knees, so there was no way I was goi...
by carolb1
Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:44 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Lebanese Restaurant In Vallarta Opening 2006
Replies: 24
Views: 11445

Lebanase Restaurant

When do u plan opening this restaurant?
by carolb1
Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:55 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Mixed Interests – Where to Stay?
Replies: 18
Views: 7146

Mixed Interest, Where to Stay

I would suggest Vista del Sol or La Palapa. These are beautiful condo's right on the beach. You have the option of cooking or going out. We like to have snacks in the room, but I never cook supper. Don't have a problem with making a sandwich. These are both located in Old Town and very close to ever...
by carolb1
Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:46 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: WOW!!!!
Replies: 4
Views: 3044

WOW

What building were u in? Did your room have a balcony? I can hardly wait for us to leave. 40 more days.

Carol
by carolb1
Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:00 pm
Topic: ARE ALL INCLUSIVE PRICES COMING DOWN?
Replies: 19
Views: 9122

Are AL prices coming down

What I have found, is if you can wait until closer to the time to book, you will usually get a better price. What this means is you will have to keep watching the internet or the newspaper for the prices. I always check out sell off vacations and Itravel2000. Then when I am ready to book I call up S...
by carolb1
Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:10 am
Topic: How many days now?
Replies: 10
Views: 4321

How many days

42, but who's counting? Steve, please post as to how you liked the Plaza Pelicanos. We are going there on Dec 31 for 2 weeks. Everything I have read so far as been pretty positive. Sure am looking forward to it. Let us know what building you were in and if they had balcony's. My husband is a smoker,...
by carolb1
Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:17 am
Topic: Best Restaurant Poll
Views: 13286

Tks Gary,
I couldn't quite remember the exact name. I know you have a huge list of restaurants, how do I go about getting it. I haven't seen u on the e-mails lately. Also haven't seen alohaspirit for awhile.
Tks
Carol
by carolb1
Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:24 pm
Topic: Plaza Pelicanos
Replies: 23
Views: 11041

Plaza Pelicanos

Hi there,
Please be sure to post a report as to how the resort is when u return.
Have fun and enjoy

Carolb1
by carolb1
Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:44 am
Topic: Best Restaurant Poll
Views: 13286

We like the Posada Cuale. My husband likes the tequila shrimp, while I like the chicken. We also ate at La Casita the very first time we went to PV. Does anyone know if it is still there? It is half way up Panama. It was an excellent small intimate restaurant up on a roof top. Also what about My Whe...
by carolb1
Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:34 am

Plaza Pelicanos

Thanks to everyone for their input. I really appreciate it. Trebor thanks also for directing me to the website. It is excellent. I'm getting excited now. 54 more days and we'll be there. Indy, maybe we'll see u there. We are from Calgary and have freinds who live in Wnterpeg. BBlake, we might see u,...
by carolb1
Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:04 pm
Topic: FLYING FROM ___________ TO PVR _________ To____________
Replies: 58
Views: 22399

Flying

Leaving Calgary Dec 31 @ 6:00 a.m. until Jan 14/06

Can hardly wait. especially now the snow is starting. Had a light one today

Staying at the Grand Plaza Pelicanos
Carol
by carolb1
Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:49 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: First time to PV
Replies: 15
Views: 5413

We stayed at the FA a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. Has a great pool area. The food was not bad, however we didn't eat their much as we like to go out to other places as well. The beach area was good with lots of Palapas.

Enjoy and have a great b'day

Carol
by carolb1
Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:49 pm
Topic: hotel gaviotas
Replies: 9
Views: 3278

Gaviotas

I thought it might be a part of the Grand Pelicanos. There used to be a hotel in that area by that name. Since the Pelicanos is now 2 resorts just thought it made sense. It is also on Gaviotas Beach
by carolb1
Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:07 pm

Plaza Pelicanos

Is any one out there going to be here from Dec 31-Jan 14/06?