Search found 170 matches

by BUFFETT 06
Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:04 pm
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Shooting South PV
Replies: 30
Views: 24635

Wow, I think it has been at least 2 years since I have even been on this site. I used to depend on this site to gather information on the are of PV from people that are actually familiar with the city and it's surrounding areas. I also understand that it is a public site made available for any and a...
by BUFFETT 06
Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:50 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Concern about Crime in PV
Replies: 33
Views: 23418

The news reports given in the US are garbage anyways. It's my opinion that they report on the border violence to assure americans that they (the government) are trying to do everything in their power to stop the flow of drugs entering the US. WHAT A BUNCH OF B.S. Let's face it, the government doesn'...
by BUFFETT 06
Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:09 am
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Stand by Me...This is excellent...
Replies: 2
Views: 1597

the project is called "Playing for Change: Peace through Music". The musicians are actually on a tour this year, I believe under the name Playing for Change. It's a great documentary film, it certainly shows the similarities we all have when absorbed in music.
by BUFFETT 06
Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:29 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: Rincon de Guayabitos,and Puerto Vallarta, Feb. 27 - Mar 16
Replies: 20
Views: 21191

by far, the finest trip report I have viewed on here !!! nice job!!!
by BUFFETT 06
Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:53 pm
Topic: Does anyone have any travel tips for Europe?
Replies: 3
Views: 3855

as far as places to stay, i would suggest looking into hostels. Look on the internet as soon as you know what cities you will be traveling through, it's a great way to meet other travelers and save alot of money. Travel by train.
by BUFFETT 06
Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:12 am
Topic: Peso killing our rental dollar. Any solution?
Replies: 14
Views: 4083

part of owning in Mexico.
by BUFFETT 06
Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:28 am
Topic: pv to cabo?
Replies: 3
Views: 1825

pv to cabo?

can any of you fine folks tell me if there is a boat that will take passengers from puerto vallarta to cabo san lucas? i'm not talking about a cruise ship, but a ferry or something. i thought i read or heard someone mentioning this, just wanted to see if it existed before i purchase a one way ticket...
by BUFFETT 06
Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:20 pm
Topic: Leaving for PV in less then a week - Concerned
Replies: 13
Views: 6861

Certainly you can get into issues if you frequent less glitzy parts of town, be that in GDL, PVR or LAX, so as long as you use your common sense, avoid getting stinking drunk or high and stagger along a dark street in the rotten part of town, I guess you'll be among the thousands that come by and ha...
by BUFFETT 06
Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:45 am
Topic: Pay Toilets On Airplanes ?
Replies: 4
Views: 1927

just take care of your business in the barf bag, after a few hundred passengers do that, maybe the airlines will think twice about charging people to relieve themselves.
by BUFFETT 06
Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:22 am
Topic: if you live in Canada
Replies: 1
Views: 1354

if you live in Canada

This artist name is MISHKA, he is playing small venues all over Canada and some in the States. Just thought I would pass it along. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQyd92ZTfTU
by BUFFETT 06
Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:40 pm
Topic: murder of bay area man at condos this week
Replies: 13
Views: 18070

heres a thought...did it ever occur to anyone that the post by "American" was his second post on this site. is it possible that he did not notice that the story of the stabbing was the 8th post on recent news? perhaps he was trying to inform the board of the tragedy, or should he have read every pos...
by BUFFETT 06
Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:18 am
Topic: First time to PV/Nuevo Vallarta
Replies: 11
Views: 4840

kind of like the look on my face when i got my bar tab! it said something like 310.00 and i thought, wow i need help, i don't remember drinking 310.00dollars worth of booze. turns out it was only 31.00 usd.
by BUFFETT 06
Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:33 am
Topic: First time to PV/Nuevo Vallarta
Replies: 11
Views: 4840

i can comment on the bus question. i ride the bus everywhere when I am down there...except to and from the airport. I can only speak about my experience, I did take the bus to the airport once and found that although cheap, it was probably better to take a cab. depending on how much luggage you have...
by BUFFETT 06
Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:55 pm
Topic: Ticker - How do I add one?
Replies: 10
Views: 4548

i think it's tickerfactory.com.
by BUFFETT 06
Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:37 pm
Topic: Recent News
Replies: 33
Views: 67391

Now I know why I wanted to become a journalist....people really do believe everything they read and see on the TV and newspapers. PV is no different than any other american city, actually in some areas it's so american like, it's pretty sad. if you were to vacation in Tijuana (sp?) then you might ha...
by BUFFETT 06
Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:28 am
Topic: Congratulations USA!
Replies: 24
Views: 6323

you can ban me for this if you would like, I find it insulting that people (especially americans) think that the American government had something to do with 9/11. I find it hard to believe that the government would allow assholes to hijack planes and fly them into the twin towers and the pentagon k...
by BUFFETT 06
Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:25 am

Oh come on, Mogens, he has only been pres for two days. Hasn't dealt with any crisis yet. We have no idea what kind of results he will obtain. And as far as his advisors, too many from the old Clinton administration. And Hillary? She couldn't even take care of the health care reform job that Bill ga...
by BUFFETT 06
Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:20 am
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Hotels Rosita, Eloisa, or Belmar?
Replies: 5
Views: 3480

i stayed at the rosita and it's sister property the pescador. the last 4-5 trips i have stayed at the belmar. i decided on the belmar because it was the least inexpensive, it is very basic, very local. i can't comment on the other place, but really, for the money you can't go wrong.
by BUFFETT 06
Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:15 am

i am proud to say that i voted for Obama, but all of this will mean nothing if we as a country can't recover from the current situation with the economy and the rest of the world. talk about pressure!!
by BUFFETT 06
Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:58 pm
Topic: PV Lover
Replies: 9
Views: 3097

and who do you think will occupy the majority of those units? mexicans? supply/demand. i totally understand why "they let this happen".