Search found 174 matches

by canucker
Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:35 am
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: It's a shame...
Replies: 16
Views: 25728

It's obvious we're hooked, booked for January on Sunday. PV is a hard habit to break!!!
by canucker
Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:51 am
Topic: It's a shame...
Replies: 16
Views: 25728

It's a shame...

It's too bad this forum lost its life. I really miss some of the reports and conversations about PV. Most forums have those members that feel they have an obligation to advise newer, or less dominant ones. That usually is the beginning of the end. I miss being there, even if just in memory or vicari...
by canucker
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:32 pm
Topic: I guess nothing stays the same...
Replies: 6
Views: 19084

I guess nothing stays the same...

I first started reading every posting on this forum back when PV.net was busy and vibrant. My, how times have changed. I am now looking forward to my 5th trip to PV. Last trip was 1.5 years ago and I recall this forum was pretty lax then. It is too bad, I used to enjoy the experiences of the posters...
by canucker
Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:57 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Si Senor/Blue Shrimp
Replies: 3
Views: 5471

Up until our last visit in February, I had Blue Shrimp High on my list of to do's but I am disappointed to report that that is no more. When ever we went for dinner at the original downtown location, the food was well presented, high quality, good quantity and awesome service. Not sure why, but Blue...
by canucker
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:29 pm
Topic: Mild Winter
Replies: 1
Views: 2266

That's better! At Least it's snowing!!! 19 Sleeps!!!
by canucker
Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:37 am
Topic: Mild Winter
Replies: 1
Views: 2266

Mild Winter

Somehow it feels better when it's cold and miserable while I'm sipping cervezas on the beach in PV. This winter is totally messed up here in Western BC. The daytime temps are above freezing. Our first trip to PV we received a message that our friend was thinking of us while he's driving at 20KMH in ...
by canucker
Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:59 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Events and Festivals 2014
Replies: 2
Views: 5570

We will actually be in PV when some of this stuff is happening!!! The ArtWalk and the Malecon Sculpture Walk will definitely be added to our list. Just over a month from now I'll be there!!!
by canucker
Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:21 pm
Topic: Too Cold... Hurry up February!!!
Replies: 7
Views: 5078

Can't wait!!! Our first dinner, as always, will be at the Burros Bar. Our friends that live in PV for the winter usually pick us up from the airport. It has been a tradition that we buy them dinner and drinks on the arrival night at the Burros Bar. It just so happens that we stay in that neighborhoo...
by canucker
Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:08 pm

Now that Christmas is done for this year, we can now focus on our PV trip in 52 sleeps!!!

I hope everybody had a good holiday and wish everyone a prosperous New Year. [sun] [sun]
by canucker
Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Too Cold... Hurry up February!!!

I woke up to -19C this AM. I look and see it's 84F in PV.

Here today, a cup of hot coffee is my best friend. When I get to PV in February my best friend is going to be a cold bottle of Pacifico!!! 8)
by canucker
Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:30 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: New Restaurant, Old Town Bistro
Replies: 4
Views: 6908

Will add it to my list. There are always new places to check out in PV. Can't wait!!!
by canucker
Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Topic: Let The Countdown Begin...
Replies: 15
Views: 8498

Well, we're down to 104 sleeps now. Today there is white stuff falling from the sky. That means that we are getting more anxious to get back to the beach.

Pictures can only add to the anticipation, I have been looking at many!!!

harry and howard_jax, how were your trips?
by canucker
Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:09 pm

That's awesome Harry. We are down to 126 now. Hoping the days leading up to Feb 16th go quickly, BUT... the next 14 days after then go at an enjoyable slower pace!!! Have a great trip and be sure to report when you get home.
by canucker
Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:49 pm

[sun] [hello] 131 Sleeps!!! :D 8)
by canucker
Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:30 am

We have done Rhythm of the Night, two trips ago. We have more "local" things planned and re-see in Old Town and area. We want to get out to Mauricios again, Mismaloya, Boca, plus hit some usual establishments and attractions. We need to see Roberto for some sliver too. We are looking forward to stro...
by canucker
Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:00 pm

Let The Countdown Begin...

Although to many it may seem far too early to be counting the days, for us it is all part of our vacation. As of today, it is 149 days until we arrive in PV. We are booked at Hotel Eloisa for 2 weeks and could not be more anxious for our 2 weeks in paradise! This will be our 4th trip to PV but the f...
by canucker
Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:25 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Hotel Eloisa
Replies: 32
Views: 24019

Kathy and I have been to PV 3 times, each time in March/April. The weather seems to be pretty much the same every day. It may have rained a couple of showers but by no means have we experienced anything like a thunderstorm. We have had a few here at home in Canada. I enjoy the "Shows" that Mother Na...
by canucker
Wed May 29, 2013 2:23 am

Thanks again Chuck. I have to admit I had to read your last post again. You see my wife's name is Kathy too. I thought how did you know my wife's name? :lol: I am confident there will be no issues. We are looking forward to getting back down there. Our trip may have to be postponed as we are going t...
by canucker
Tue May 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Wi-Fi locations in Puerto Vallarta
Replies: 11
Views: 10410

Great job Mogens!!! Bookmarked and saved. This info will come in handy.
by canucker
Tue May 28, 2013 10:18 pm

I still am not too concerned with the morning music as long as we can sleep through the night!!!