Search found 11 matches

by cbeepa1
Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:32 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Looking For Clean Cheap Accomodations
Replies: 10
Views: 12964

Posada Roger

We just returned from a great stay. Bathrooms and decor have been updated. Delightful staff. Terrific location.
by cbeepa1
Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:13 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: from Romantic Zone to MARINA VALLARTA CENTER..help!!
Replies: 2
Views: 7079

It costs 120 pesos for two of us to to travel from Zona Romantica to the airport. Suggest you get another quotation.
by cbeepa1
Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:03 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Restaurant Boccon di Vino...excellent italian food!
Views: 4426

Restaurant Boccon di Vino...excellent italian food!

Our amazing yet very affordable dinner at Boccon di Vino at 317A Basilio Badillo, former location of Catedral, last week waaaay exceeded our expectations. This cozy jewel is owned by an italian chef and his mexican wife. Fresh pasta is made every day. Sauces are spectacular. It has been a long time ...
by cbeepa1
Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:38 pm
Topic: Choice of Westin or Sheraton????
Replies: 8
Views: 4203

The Westin, hands down. Fun to hotel-hop and stroll the harbor. Visit the Marriott. Strolling from the Sheraton isn't very interesting unless you go all the way to the malecon via a busy highway.
by cbeepa1
Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:06 pm
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Mexican ID Card?
Replies: 7
Views: 6214

We got our Curp cards in Tepic, Nayarit at the state office where births are registered. Our FM3s and passports were required for the very short process. I am sure there is a similar government office in Puerto Vallarta.
by cbeepa1
Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:02 pm
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Mexican ID Card?
Views: 6214

Mexican CURP card

Easy to get. Respected.
by cbeepa1
Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:44 am
Topic: All-inclusive. Tips, etc.
Views: 2869

All-inclusive. Tips, etc.

I am about to experience an all-inclusive resort in PV for the first time as the guest of a friend. My friend says food, drinks, gratuities, etc. are 'included.' Do I tip anyone over and above the 'included?' How do I best enjpy the experience?
by cbeepa1
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:25 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: minor traveling w/one parent
Views: 4763

Our niece unfortunately ignored our advice in a similar situation last month. She was unable to board a plane bound for Mexico with her son until 20 hours later when she received the appropriate paper work. She was also required to produce proof of permission to travel with him before she was allowe...
by cbeepa1
Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:39 pm
Topic: 5 Star restaurant recommendations?
Replies: 27
Views: 13556

I didn't mean to give the impression that Vista Grill was awful, Jennybean. "Ordinary" was a carefully chosen word. We live less than three hours up the hill from Puerto Vallarta and come to PV several times a year to eat well...defined by us as 'to XYZ with the price'... and enjoy the bay. Our Vist...
by cbeepa1
Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:54 pm
Topic: 5 Star restaurant recommendations?
Replies: 27
Views: 13556

Both of our visits to Vista Grill were disappointing...ordinary, really. Without the view, it would be like many view restaurants in our world...nothing special. The food, presentation, amazing ambiance and service at Cafe des Artistes are spectacular. We have had several memorable meals there. Ask ...
by cbeepa1
Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:32 pm
Topic: Restaurant locations?
Replies: 19
Views: 10381

We live in Tepic and slip down the hill several times each year for a gourmet fix. The food, service and ambiance at Daquiri Dick's are extraordinary. Dick's is to your left as you exit Los Arcos on Olas Altas. We have had only so-so meals at La Palapa and go there now for after-dinner drinks and so...