Search found 20 matches

by crisxcross
Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:35 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: First time traveler to PV , need some advice!!!!
Replies: 20
Views: 20838

Re:First time traveler to PV , need some advice!!!!

Hi Cat ...My good friend Lea, and I will be staying at the GCP on the 14th-20th, as well. You can rest assured the celebrations on the evening of the 15th in town will definately be well worth checking out. I know you made an excellant choice booking at the GCP. From what I hear many of the quality ...
by crisxcross
Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:05 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: WHERE THE HELL ARE...?
Replies: 110
Views: 41892

Re:WHERE THE HELL ARE...?

My body is in: Northwestern Ohio (small town called Findlay)

My mind, spirit and soul: I left in Puerto Vallarta

I'll catch up to them when I get there Sept.14th... just in time for Dies y Seis de Septembre!
by crisxcross
Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:37 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Airfare from the NJ, NY area
Replies: 5
Views: 8526

Re:Airfare from the NJ, NY area

It's my understanding Funjet Vacations has some really cheap flights out of Chicago to PVR. Maybe you could catch a cheap "special" commuter to Chicago and then fly down to PV from there. Another option is to book a flight or vacation through the travel department of someone like Dillard's Dept. Sto...
by crisxcross
Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:41 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Sunburn? Here's an easy way to deal with it.
Replies: 6
Views: 4538

Sunburn? Here's an easy way to deal with it.

Hi everyone, You can take the sting out of that sunburn by dabbing or spraying on white distilled vinegar after a cool shower. It really works! You may smell like a lovely tossed salad for awhile, but a small price to pay for relief. here's a hint: Better to bring it from home in a disposable bottle...
by crisxcross
Sun May 30, 2004 5:07 am
Topic: Hand Carry Anything Electronic or get it zapped!
Replies: 1
Views: 4424

Re:Hand Carry Anything Electronic or get it zapped!

More good news....and while we are on the subject you might want to avoid those magnetic metal detector-wands getting near your gear. They tend to wreak havok on memory cards and hard disk. If the Security Guard gives you a hassle be ready to open the item completely for visual inspection and don't ...
by crisxcross
Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:03 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Will they let you board the big cruise ship to look around?
Replies: 4
Views: 2613

Will they let you board the big cruise ship to look around?

Howdy Amigos y Amigas,

My question is simply the subject title: Will they let you board the big cruise ship to look around if you are not a passenger?

I would imagine probably not, (Security Policies, etc.) but one never knows.

-Chris
by crisxcross
Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:20 am
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: WHAT HAPPENS IF I OVERSTAY MY VISA
Replies: 9
Views: 11779

Re:WHAT HAPPENS IF I OVERSTAY MY VISA

When my parents lived in Jalisco they just got an Immigration Attorney in El Paso Texas who handled the Visa renewal process for them and they never had to go back stateside until they wanted to. You may want to check into retaining one for the same reason. I can't say the same loopholes exist now a...
by crisxcross
Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:47 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: Lookin' for live Music - How about the Roxy?
Replies: 0
Views: 1350

Lookin' for live Music - How about the Roxy?

Frommer's Guide to PV stated Roxy was the happening niteclub (at the time of press) for live musical entertainment. Rock, Blues, Rap, I love it all. I know their must be several others locally. Can anyone think of another place with "live" dance music in PV? Discos just don't appeal to my wife and I...
by crisxcross
Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:29 am
Topic: Horseback riding on the public beaches
Replies: 14
Views: 3866

Re:Horseback riding on the public beaches

dar (Apr 05, 2004 05:58 p.m.): Because the horses crap on the beach and the owners do not pick up after them (after being asked) I personally would not hire a beach horse!!!!! Hey...right you are! I never quite thought of it in that way...after all that's the same beach I was gonna tan on and sip m...
by crisxcross
Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:05 pm
Topic: Ready for a good relaxing massage!
Views: 2369

Ready for a good relaxing massage!

The last time I was in PV I got a great massage at the hotel. The only problem was it cost between $100 & $150 (USD) I was wondering if any of you good folks know of a Massage Therapist who will come to the hotel for a session reasonably priced. I am only looking for a legitimate therapist (not an O...
by crisxcross
Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:45 pm
Forum: Your photos & videos of Vallarta & surroundings
Topic: PV Photos April 2003-Mostly around the Buenaventura Hotel
Replies: 3
Views: 7025

PV Photos April 2003-Mostly around the Buenaventura Hotel

You can click on the website below and check out some of my photographs from exactly one year ago. (Please be patient as they take a while to load, even on broadband) http://community.webshots.com/album/130346651rPkKVE These are mostly at or near Buenaventura Hotel and the beach and neighborhood aro...
by crisxcross
Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:13 pm
Topic: Jet ski rental
Replies: 1
Views: 1882

Jet ski rental

Surely some place in PV has jet ski rentals. Have any of you seen where and what the going rates are?
by crisxcross
Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:10 pm
Topic: Horseback riding on the public beaches
Replies: 14
Views: 3866

Horseback riding on the public beaches

Is there any one who rents horses to be ridden on the Public Beaches near the hotel zones? Or is that not allowed? If not, where is the best deal for 1/2 day rentals.
by crisxcross
Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:02 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Brasil's THE BEST PLACE TO EAT. HANDS DOWN!
Replies: 38
Views: 15284

Re:Brasil's THE BEST PLACE TO EAT. HANDS DOWN!

Teduardo (Jan 14, 2004 11:20 a.m.):
To each their own taste, but not even in my top 30 of Vallarta restaurants.
Just read this post, would you have that "Top 30" list handy. I think we could all benefit from it. Thank you for the tinput.
by crisxcross
Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:04 am
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Japanese or Thai food in the PV area?
Replies: 2
Views: 1889

Japanese or Thai food in the PV area?

I was wondering if anyone has found a place that serves authentic Japanese or Thai food in PV? If not, any other Asian cuisine would be great if it's good.
by crisxcross
Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:19 am
Topic: POLL:Web cam size larger or refresh more?
Replies: 21
Views: 7460

Re:POLL:Web cam size larger or refresh more?

I am greatful for the efforts you have put into even having one! The only thing better than one is...two, three or many! I would think we could get a few upscale Hotels and Bars competing for the "Best Webs Cam in P.V." Any feedback on that idea?? (Now that's what I would really get a kick out of......
by crisxcross
Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:07 am
Topic: What's the best Parasailing spots and what are the costs?
Views: 2640

What's the best Parasailing spots and what are the costs?

We would like to try our luck at doing some parasailing, but are curious from who? when? where? and how much money we should expect to pay? We'll be staying at the Buenaventura Hotel. Also have the jelly fish been much of a problem in the bay this Spring? Thanx
by crisxcross
Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:15 am
Topic: How do you become a "Premium Member" ?
Replies: 11
Views: 10723

How do you become a "Premium Member" ?

Maybe silly question but....

How do you become a "Premium Member" on the Puerto Vallarta Bulletin Board ?

Are there any added benefits to that status?

Chris
by crisxcross
Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:39 am
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Cinco de Mayo Happenings...Wuzup?
Replies: 2
Views: 9401

Cinco de Mayo Happenings...Wuzup?

Does anyone have any idea how my wife and I might spend the "Cinco de Mayo" Day or Evening. Lookin' for fiesta ideas, Night Life, or any other happenings. Yes we are young, no kids & love to P-A-R-T-Y. I would think PV has a few great events happening locally. thanks for your input on this. -Chris
by crisxcross
Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:49 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Great job mogens
Replies: 6
Views: 8199

Re:Great job mogens

You have done an incredible job with this website. It has more real useful information than any travel guides. Can't wait to post my PV pics. We are counting down every day until the 1rst week of May when we return.