Search found 71 matches

by dgwick
Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:40 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Info on Sunset Plaza Beach Resort?
Replies: 17
Views: 22681

katnsocal wrote:Canto del Sol is the old Plaza Las Glorias. :D
I think the Peliconos is the old plaza las glorias. Canto used to be the Continental Canto del Sol years ago
But that new hotel is definitely north of the Canto and Pelicanos. You can't miss the vivid color of the building and it's height.
by dgwick
Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:29 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: How many have Puerto Vallarta Vacation plans for 2010?
Replies: 34
Views: 14505

PV bound

We are going Dec. 4 for a week, and then the first two weeks of march,, depending on flights . but we are booked and for Dec.. we where there this past march as well. not liking the week, but it is better then nothing..
by dgwick
Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:55 pm
Forum: Your photos & videos of Vallarta & surroundings
Topic: Photography Question?
Replies: 8
Views: 15218

Do a search for "recovermyfiles" You can download the software and run it without purchasing it. If it's able to read the card and the pictures you can then purchase the software and restore all the data. I have used this software a few times. Once on my parent's computer after a complete crash and ...
by dgwick
Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Reserve your taxis w. PuertoVallarta.net
Replies: 142
Views: 124923

send an e-mail to [email protected] and/or call in to 1888 247-8081 (the number on the header of the site pages) and talk to Leonel or Maria.
That's the information I was given and our confirmation came shortly after we made contact with them.
by dgwick
Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:09 pm
Topic: FLYING FROM ___________ TO PVR _________ To____________
Replies: 58
Views: 22392

Dawna and Glenn from Canada's wet coast heading back to PV on the 25th of February until March 11th. At the Canto again. Seems we are missing you guys this time Tracy. And we are also missing Tom and Lori as we seem to always do. One of these times! edit.. gotta change that ticker from our trip in D...
by dgwick
Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:24 pm
Topic: December 2008
Replies: 2
Views: 5807

It was nice to see you guys again as well. Wish we had more then just the week as time really flew by for us. LOL on the snow, yeah that's what we came home to. Our flight from Vancouver to the island was cancelled due to the snow. It was a real chore getting home for work on Monday. We would like t...
by dgwick
Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:44 pm
Topic: December 2008
Replies: 2
Views: 5807

December 2008

Here's some pics of our last trip down in December 2008. It was nice to be down for some of the Christmas celebration processions. Cedric (travelocity gnome) had a great time, and if I get a choice to come back in another life.......I'm choosing to come back as a Cedric! http://community.webshots.co...
by dgwick
Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:18 am
Topic: Some pictures...
Replies: 11
Views: 8945

Just like everyone else ... Great pics... look like you all had a great time... I too really liked the ones with the kids in it.. thanks again for sharing,i really enjoyed them..
by dgwick
Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:26 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: Finally - our trip report...
Replies: 14
Views: 8169

Great report . Really glad your kids had a great time,,, Des and sherry, looks like we will be there the same time as you again.... andela's perhaps?????
by dgwick
Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:30 am
Topic: Hola Vallarta
Replies: 5
Views: 3413

We would have no problems staying there again. We didn't stay there to eat, so basically we had our breakfasts there each day. It was average food-wise, nothing spectacular on the buffet any of the nights. But always something to eat. The staff is awesome, the rooms are a good size and clean. A/C wo...
by dgwick
Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:55 pm
Topic: Nov. 24th to Dec. 1 Hola Hotel
Replies: 9
Views: 7282

The snow was our "welcome home". Flew into Vancouver and it was snowing, got back to the island the next morning to about a foot of snow :shock: We are looking to head back around the 23rd or 27th of February right now. We were pleasantly surprised by the beach as well, we were kind of used to what ...
by dgwick
Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:26 am
Topic: Nov. 24th to Dec. 1 Hola Hotel
Replies: 9
Views: 7282

Nov. 24th to Dec. 1 Hola Hotel

We had an excellent time once again. We were kind of worried about the hotel, but took the Trip Advisor website grumblings with a grain of salt. Is the Hola a 4 star, no. But it definitely isn't a bad hotel either. We'd have no problem staying there again, especially for the discount rate we got it ...
by dgwick
Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:36 pm
Topic: ? for Senor Fox
Replies: 7
Views: 3454

real names.........Dawna and Glenn (dg). This being Glenn this time
I'm sure Fox wouldn't mind putting on the CDN news in the movie room in the back.
by dgwick
Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:22 pm
Topic: ? for Senor Fox
Replies: 7
Views: 3454

I believe Fox is running StarChoice which is a Canadian provider.
by dgwick
Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:54 pm
Topic: November Roll Call
Replies: 23
Views: 10511

November roll call

Just like last time we where down there, March 07, we just miss you Tom. One of these times we will connect. We are going again end of Feb.08, for longer. maybe you might be there.
by dgwick
Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:25 pm
Topic: November Roll Call
Replies: 23
Views: 10511

We're down for a week, November 24th-Dec. 1
by dgwick
Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:35 pm
Topic: Canto del Sol question....
Replies: 12
Views: 5927

The buffet restaurant is "open air" style at the Canto. It's kind of a palapa style building attached to the main hotel, kind of resembles the outside bar in appearance. They also have a snack bar out by the pool close to the ocean. Breakfasts are served in the buffet restaurant or on the patio by t...
by dgwick
Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:22 pm
Topic: Villa Primavera
Replies: 10
Views: 5297

Isn't Coppel a store by the Canto? Coppel - Francisco Medina Asc., 222-8461 It's on the main street (Fransisco Medina) around the area where the Villas Vallarta and Canto del Sol are. Sorry I don't recall seeing the Villa Primavera though. Maybe if someone is around there they could check or maybe p...
by dgwick
Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:51 pm
Topic: partial screen
Replies: 3
Views: 2158

If you haven't done so yet, make sure you are have updated your video card drivers to the most recent ones available.
by dgwick
Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:29 pm
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: two major problems
Replies: 5
Views: 7404

Chico, if you haven't yet, try using the download at recovermyfiles dot com. It will allow you to use the program 'free'. If it finds the data you want to recover you have the option of buying the program. I used it after a crash and was even able to recover emails including the pictures and attachm...