Search found 6 matches

by pparks
Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:08 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: newbie questions
Replies: 5
Views: 3888

Manzanillo is at least four hours. You are better off hanging out in paradise. You should tell your friends about all the fun they missed in Vallarta when they get back and make them jealous. Zijuataneo/Ixtapa is nice but I'll take Vallarta over Zijuat any day!
by pparks
Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:02 am
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Snorkel Tours
Replies: 8
Views: 6717

Been there in February and March. Whales in February (from a panga out our Punta Mita) are incredible. Snorkeling at Marietas is the best in the area. The only other area that is great is Colomitos on the Las Animas Trail.
by pparks
Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:26 am
Topic: whale watching
Replies: 9
Views: 5339

teduardo is right about the whales. March is really to late in the season to see them. The non-resident whales will be gone by then. There may be a few stragglers but they won't want anybody bothering them. My recommendation is to forget the tours and take the bus to Punta Mita. You can get a panga ...
by pparks
Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:18 am
Topic: Surfing Question
Replies: 14
Views: 6221

Despite what others are saying, I have to say I don't agree. The local attitude in Sayulita is not conducive to new surfers. You are better off going up to Punta Mita and learning there. They have a small surf school there and the waves at Dinosaur - though somewhat large - are nearly as good as Say...
by pparks
Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:12 am
Topic: Hiking / Rythms of the Night Questions
Replies: 10
Views: 7443

HIke ot Las Animas

My wife and I have been going to Vallarta for eight years - all in a row! We love the area and there is so much to do. The hike to Las Animas is AWESOME! Beautiful scenery and so much wild life. Colomitos beach is our favorite place to scuba dive. I can't do it any justice with words. Suffice to say...
by pparks
Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:08 am
Topic: March Snorkling Tips
Replies: 2
Views: 2769

March Snorkeling Tips

My wife and I have been going to Puerto Vallarta every year for the last eight years. We love to snorkel and scuba dive, and Vallarta is no exception. If you have never snorkeled in Vallarta, IMO the place to go is Islas Mariettas. We typically ride the bus out to Punta Mita (the furthest point of p...