Search found 12 matches

by hawaiiantropic
Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:41 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Beware of SCAM/FRAUD Kenneth Ray Varner aka Ken Giovanni
Replies: 12
Views: 13500

there's a few mispellings and odd wordings that almost make that sound like some of that spam-mail I get on my email...but I guess it's just a good idea for everybody to pay attention to their surroundings and the people around them in foreign countries.
by hawaiiantropic
Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:25 am
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: The Universal Packing List...
Replies: 2
Views: 2358

except if those 2 pairs of underwear are the first things you see coming around on the baggage carousel. True Story from Jamaica Trip: The checked luggage starts making its way around and every so often you see an undergarment, or a shoe, and an occasional "adult toy". Needless to say the couple in ...
by hawaiiantropic
Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:20 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Newbie to Mexico and need help!
Replies: 12
Views: 6725

I was just showing off this board to my mom and she wanted to throw in her two cents... "You said you will be traveling with two teenage boys, and I just wanted to say HATS OFF TO YOU!!! With two teenage boys, however,always remember do not get offended if you hear an "Aw geez Mom" Or "Mom, don't do...
by hawaiiantropic
Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:58 am
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: soecials on resorts
Replies: 11
Views: 5989

Just a bit of advice from someone who thought they might wait for a "special": I watched the rates for a vacation for 3 weeks while I got the money together to book it, and it went up at least 75 dollars a week. I booked, and now almost 2 months after I booked, the rates have hit a total of almost 5...
by hawaiiantropic
Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: Best place for sunsets
Replies: 14
Views: 15730

gorgeous photo!
by hawaiiantropic
Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:00 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: Best place for sunsets
Replies: 14
Views: 15730

Best place for sunsets

Where's the BEST place to see a sunset in PV? I'm sure it's beautiful everywhere, but does anybody know where there is a really spectacular view?
by hawaiiantropic
Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:42 am
Topic: First timer to Puerto Vallarta!!!!
Replies: 17
Views: 10609

Hey, I know I haven't been around much, but I'm still checking in! PV is a bit expensive for a college kid! haha, Thank you Chuck for those very kind words. It's a full time job being a girlfriend of somebody gone all the time, but he's definitely worth it, so I don't mind doing it at all, but it's ...
by hawaiiantropic
Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:29 am
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Favorite Jimmy Buffet tune
Replies: 31
Views: 8847

How can anyone have been to a party or gathering of some sort and NOT heard of Jimmy Buffet? I'm 20 and have probably 10 Jimmy Buffet songs on my Ipod. And to have traveled and not seen a "Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville"? Those bad boys are poppin up all over!!! By the way, Cheeseburger in Paradise d...
by hawaiiantropic
Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:16 am
Topic: how is the water/ocean -- i hear its foamy??????
Replies: 7
Views: 5180

I've also seen that it's no good for snorkeling...true or not true? I'm not looking for the best conditions imaginable, but I hope it's better than a muddy lake!
by hawaiiantropic
Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:30 pm
Topic: 101 things to do in Puerto Vallarta
Replies: 9
Views: 6820

guess I should've read this before I posted my question! DEFINITELY added some things on my list of to-dos! Thanks, for a newbie like me to PV it definitely got the ball rolling on deciding what to see and do outside of the resort!
by hawaiiantropic
Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:40 pm

haha, nobody worry, you haven't scared me off, I've been picking up some extra hours at work to try to pay for the vacation...it was kind of a bank breaker for a college kid! Thank you all for keeping him in your prayers, it means a lot to me that other people aren't going to act impartial to those ...
by hawaiiantropic
Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:18 am

First timer to Puerto Vallarta!!!!

I just wanted get some opinions on what a younger couple should do and see while we're at Puerto Vallarta both at the resort and outside of the resort (we're staying at GCP). I'm not looking for clubs or bars or anything like that, I'm sure we can get plenty at the resort! Also, I was wondering if t...