Search found 8 matches

by Randy in MN
Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: RIU Jalisco
Replies: 2
Views: 3376

I'll try and help. We never used an ATM and I did not see one at the Jalisco. The rooms facing the inside/courtyard are noisy in the evening until about 11:30. I do like the view better, the outside rooms face the hotels next door. No problems getting chairs by the pool or ocean, we usually went dow...
by Randy in MN
Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:15 pm
Topic: RIU Jalisco
Replies: 2
Views: 3376

RIU Jalisco

My wife and I will be staying at the RIU Jalisco in Feb. I have a couple of questions for anyone that stayed here. Is there a ATM nearby? Is there a floor or room I could request ahead of time that has a better view or a liitle less noisy? This is one of the common complaints I hear about the Jalisc...
by Randy in MN
Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:54 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Beer at the airport
Replies: 4
Views: 2279

Beer at the airport

We'll be returning to Puerto Vallarta in Feb 2010. It's a vacation starter tradition for my wife and I to grab a cerveza while waiting for our ride to our hotel. Is there a place to buy a cerveza as you get past the timeshare folks exiting the airport? There's nothing like feeling the heat and getti...
by Randy in MN
Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:01 pm
Topic: Beach bars @ AI's in Nuevo
Replies: 1
Views: 1972

Beach bars @ AI's in Nuevo

I stayed at the Royal Decameron in Feb 2008, loved the bars by the beach that stayed open late at night. We started planning the Feb 2009 vacation. I thought about trying one of the RIU's. Just wondering if anyone knows if the RIU's have any bars down towards the beach that stay open late into the e...
by Randy in MN
Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:24 pm
Topic: Dress code at Royal Decameron
Replies: 21
Views: 12144

MSP Flight

Thanks for the reponse, yes same early morning Sun Country flight.
Can hardly wait.
Randy
by Randy in MN
Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:23 pm
Topic: Easter week-Grand Mayan or Paradise Village
Replies: 13
Views: 7047

Paradise Village

We've stayed at the Paradise Village twice and loved it both times. My kids were in their early teens and had a great time. We rented a 2 bedroom and had plenty of room. Since we had a corner unit we had balconies off the living room and master bedroom. There was two very large pools with slides and...
by Randy in MN
Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:40 pm
Topic: Dress code at Royal Decameron
Replies: 21
Views: 12144

Dress code at Royal Decameron

We will be at the Royal Decameron on Sat 2/23. Just wondering if anyone knows the dress codes at their restaurants. Most places I've been require dress pants and collared shirts at the sit-down restaurants , usually shorts with nicer shirts at the buffets. How about shoes? Are sandals okay or will I...
by Randy in MN
Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:38 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: ATM's near Royal Decamron
Replies: 4
Views: 2971

ATM's near Royal Decamron

Just wondering if anyone knows of any ATM's near the Royal Decamron. We are staying there Feb 23 - Mar 1 and don't like to carry a lot of cash down to Mexico. From what I have read the Royal Decamron doesn't have an ATM on the grounds. We have been going to Ixtapa the few years and ATM's were easy t...