Search found 12 matches

by edandkaren
Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:07 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Stay Away!
Replies: 18
Views: 24571

We Got Really Sick Too

All 3 of my family got really, really sick while we were there. We didn't eat any other place except for at the resort for the first week. And we were all sick starting on day 3. So I totally believe these people who were here and got sick. I spent hours in the ER and medi center when I got home. No...
by edandkaren
Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Playa del sol Costa Sur / Howard Johnson
Replies: 9
Views: 6808

Playa del sol Costa Sur / Howard Johnson

My husband I just returned from this hotel/resort. This was actually our third trip there as we are owners there also. EVERYONE at the resort has some intestinal bug. People are throwing up and can't leave their rooms. I spent 4 hours from PV to Seattle in the airplane bathroom vomiting profusely. M...
by edandkaren
Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:24 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Taxi frpm Airport
Replies: 2
Views: 3960

Last time we were in PV we had a travel voucher, but our plane was late and no they did not check to see when it was going to land. So we had to ask around to find the place. It really wasn't bad though. Once out of the shark tank we were able to find the place and then all went well. Being a first ...
by edandkaren
Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:28 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Purse Snatchers at Red Cabbage
Replies: 59
Views: 80421

Something has has always worked for me in PV and actually all over the world that my husband and I have traveled; and that would be a $$ belt. Yes it's a little annoying to dig in there all the time, but it's worked for us. I guess if a thief wants your stuff, they will usually get it. I enjoy walki...
by edandkaren
Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:52 am
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Looking for the Name of a Restaurant
Replies: 6
Views: 4920

That's it! Thanks.
by edandkaren
Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:06 am
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Looking for the Name of a Restaurant
Views: 4920

Looking for the Name of a Restaurant

We were in PV in April and were told about a restaurant that overlooks the city up on the side of the hills behind PV. You have to stop at the gate and announce your reservations (?) and then the taxi can enter and take you up. Does anybody know the name. If someone says it I will recognize it, but ...
by edandkaren
Wed May 28, 2008 2:04 am
Topic: Playa Del Sol- Costa Sur
Replies: 15
Views: 8381

We own and we LOVE IT THERE! Just a few minute's bus ride and your in town. I love the fact that PDS CS is not a party place and that it's not in town.
by edandkaren
Wed May 28, 2008 2:00 am
Topic: Dreams for our honeymoon???
Replies: 14
Views: 6912

Don't know about staying in the resort, but the daily bus we took went past Dreams. Like I said, I don't know about in the resort but when going past it every other day or so to town there was a HORRIBLE sewer smell right as we passed the resort. Just an FYI.
by edandkaren
Wed May 28, 2008 1:56 am
Forum: Your photos & videos of Vallarta & surroundings
Topic: wally world of vallarta
Views: 9765

And your point would be?????

When you stay in a condo for 3-4 weeks, one is glad to see a Wal-mart. Get a life!
by edandkaren
Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Bringing Alcohol Back in Checked Luggage
Replies: 3
Views: 4459

Bringing Alcohol Back in Checked Luggage

Okay...I'm leaving on Thursday to PV. I have searched the internet over and can't find the answer I need. Can we buy alcohol and pack it in our checked luggage. We are flying from PV to Portland Oregon and then flying to WA state. I've read the stuff about buying it past security, then packing in yo...
by edandkaren
Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:42 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Wanting Updated Massage Information
Views: 6450

Thanks for some of the info. It doesn't really matter where we're staying or where the massage place is as we just hop on the bus and go. I had some of the names of the places for a massage but they were older listings and wanted to know if the places are still there. Thanks again.
by edandkaren
Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:09 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Wanting Updated Massage Information
Views: 6450

Wanting Updated Massage Information

Would like to know about some recent and good massage places. We are not looking for plush or fancy, just good. Thanks 8V8