Search found 72 matches

by darla
Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:48 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Counting down!! Anyone Else counting down??
Replies: 131
Views: 63458

My husband and I are definitely counting down. We get there on 25 Aug and can hardly wait. Seems like the closer it gets the less productive I am becoming...since all I think about is our trip.
by darla
Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:14 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Zip Lining
Replies: 3
Views: 4392

Zip Lining

I am terrified of heights, but my husband really wants to zip line. Are there any that are shorter than the rest?
by darla
Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:47 pm
Topic: Time for vacation!
Replies: 7
Views: 3231

Have an awesome time! I hope you are more patient than me...I am crawling out of my skin waiting to leave.
by darla
Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:37 pm
Topic: Only 4 more days!!!
Views: 2796

I too am from Missouri and am not looking forward to the weather that's supposed to be on its way. We will be in PV in 17 hopefully short days...I can't wait!!!
by darla
Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:06 am
Topic: 20 Days
Replies: 1
Views: 1767

20 Days

I am getting so excited. We are leaving on the 13th for a week in PV. I am certain it will go way too fast. I heard the waves have been quite large. I am excited about this because I LOVE the sound of the waves when they are really big.
by darla
Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:09 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: Review - Fiesta Americana, May 10-15
Replies: 7
Views: 15209

Mason,

I posted that back when the h1n1 was big. We were getting ready to go and all the media reports were telling us...don't go or you'll get sick. We've been to PV a number of times now and have never gotten sick. Sorry for the confusion.

Darla
by darla
Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:31 pm
Topic: Sad news in our house
Replies: 27
Views: 13094

Tom and Lori,

I know you don't know me, we've never met. I do however feel like I know you from when you used to post out here all the time. I've gotten so much from your postings. I want to let you know you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Darla
by darla
Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:45 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: New to Puerto Vallarta
Replies: 29
Views: 16836

My hubby and I have been to the DREAMS 6 times and absolutely love it. Like a previous poster said, it's not within walking distance though. $5 cab to town and then you can walk and explore to your hearts content. The beach is surrounded on both ends by giant bolders so the only way in is from the o...
by darla
Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:23 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Map of the Malecon Area
Views: 2590

Map of the Malecon Area

Does anyone have a link to a map of the Malecon area? We've been trying to figure out where things are and really can't find a good map. Thanks for any help you can give.
by darla
Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:13 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Reccomendations: Tacos Al Pastor?
Replies: 40
Views: 31004

Oh my!!! This looks really good. where exactly on the malecon can I find this? Hubby and I are going to be there in Feb and this looks like a must have.
by darla
Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:31 am
Topic: How many have Puerto Vallarta Vacation plans for 2010?
Replies: 34
Views: 14506

Hubby and I will be there 13 - 20 Feb. Not nearly long enough but still really excited.
by darla
Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:23 pm
Topic: Weather in PV right now
Replies: 4
Views: 3352

My family and I recently returned and the outlook looked the same for us. When we arrived, it was sunny every day (and VERY hot/humid) and would normally rain each evening. Really nice.
by darla
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:43 pm
Topic: Weather in August
Replies: 8
Views: 5934

I got back last week from my trip and the weather was just as expected thanks to all for the "what to expect advice". Sunny all day every day until late afternoon and then beautiful thunderstorms.
by darla
Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:23 pm
Topic: YEAH!!!
Views: 1788

YEAH!!!

I am getting so excited! I don't know how I am going to make it through work all day tomorrow!!! We are leaving 6am Saturday!!!!!
by darla
Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:10 pm
Topic: How many have Puerto Vallarta Vacation plans for 2008..2009
Replies: 206
Views: 78867

Just over 2 weeks and counting...
by darla
Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:34 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Honeymoon where to stay?
Replies: 12
Views: 8858

Dreams is not adult only, so that may not be a good option for you. We've been there four times and absolutely love it, but there are some kids. I've never gone when kids ended up lessoning my experience, but they are allowed. I've seen many good review of GCP and it is adults only.
by darla
Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Topic: First time to Puerto Vallarta - Need Help!
Views: 2134

If you are worried about cost, I would definitely not use the hotel phone to call home. I did that the first time I traveled to PV and only called to say we got there safely. I'm talking no more than 4 minutes...cost me almost $100. I have an international plan on my cell phone and it's about 50 cen...
by darla
Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:45 pm
Topic: Weather in August
Replies: 8
Views: 5934

Weather in August

I know that August is the REALLY hot and rainy season, but was wondering...how hot is REALLY hot. The temps say 90-95, but I know the heat index makes a difference. Are the mornings still managable (heat wise). I figured we could go into town in the mornings or late afternoons (if it's not raining) ...
by darla
Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:29 pm
Topic: Booked for August
Views: 1615

Booked for August

I am so excited!!! Even though I was just in PV in May, my husband and I (along with our kids this time), are going back to PV in mid August. I just couldn't pass up the deal. I paid about $500 more than what I paid for just my husband and I and this time it includes all three of our kids. I am so e...