Search found 57 matches

by roowie
Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:00 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Please tell me about Teatro Limon
Replies: 17
Views: 7850

outstanding food

Try Teatro Limon. You will not be disappointed. If you like seafood, ask for the shrimp- they are huge! Beef? No prob,Bruce makes an awesome filet (in a cold skillet!) Lamb? probably the best lamb chops I have ever tried. The service and interactive experience makes this truly a unique dining experi...
by roowie
Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:45 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Inside Vallarta Travel
Replies: 4
Views: 4096

update

We ended up doing this tour on Monday 11/3. We left the cruise ship marina at 9:45 am. Wife and I got 2 (of the 6) chairs on the top level to get maximum sun. Fruit platter and juices served. As we arrived at Los Arcos, snorkeling was inc. so we snorkeled. It was also a great opportunity to jump in ...
by roowie
Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:11 am
Topic: anniversary dinner
Replies: 2
Views: 2516

anniversary dinner

Bruce, Sheila and I want to thank you and Julia for the great hospitality and the wonderful food. This was our 4th visit to Puerto Vallarta since November of 2000, and by far and away our most enjoyable trip. Teatro Limon is a wonderful restaurant. You add so much to the dining experience. Thank you...
by roowie
Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:16 pm
Topic: Cuates & Cuetes
Replies: 22
Views: 11256

live from Puerto vallarta

Well, we have been here since Sunday and have fallen in love with the South side/Playa Los muertos area. We enjoyed a day on the beach at Langostinos, and just stopped by an internet office to check emails. We are on our way to the Beach House right now. Adios amigos(for now) Louie ps Andale´s was a...
by roowie
Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:52 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: We leave Sunday!
Replies: 13
Views: 3475

I know

I know how you feel!!!(I've been jealous of alot of people that already got to go) I can't belive how fast the time flew by this time..Normally, the time seems to drag between the time we book, and departure day. Thanks to everyone for their help and valuable input. After much debate, turns out we a...
by roowie
Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:24 am

Lorrie, So good to hear from you. I feel like I have gotten to "know" Tom from picking his brain here and on TA. He has been a huge help to us in planning this vacation. I sure hope that sometime in the near future, Mr and Mrs Louie can party with Mr and Mrs Crown at GCP and Andale's.. Have a great ...
by roowie
Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:36 pm

We leave Sunday!

Wow how time flies. We are packing, and will be at the airport EARLY in the am this Sunday 11/2 for our week in Puerto Vallarta. Thanks for all the advice and opinions shared on this board. I know we are going to have a great time with all the valuable knowledge gained here. Pat, we will see you dow...
by roowie
Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi kat

How is your stay going thus far? you have been down there a couple weeks now, if I remember correctly?
by roowie
Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:16 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: currency conversion...looking good
Views: 3480

it has been hovering around upper 12's to $1US for a while now. I have been watching it too, as I will be in Puerto Vallarta 11/2-11/10. In all my previous stays, it was the standard 10-1, and I didn't leave the resort much, so we just brought the "$100 in ones for tipping". With the exchange rate c...
by roowie
Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:06 pm

thanks

I appreciate the info. So, me and the Mrs will leave the GCP for a day at Los Muertos. Enjoy the beach, sun, and some snacks and cold beers. I would love to wrap up the day with a decent dinner somewhere in that area, but knowing my wife,after the beach, she is going to want to "freshen up" before g...
by roowie
Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:33 am

website has no menu...can't find anything online. What have you eaten there, and what is typically offered if you can recall?
by roowie
Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:21 pm

thanks

thanks for the first hand feedback.
by roowie
Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:02 am

Cuates & Cuetes

I have heard this place referenced many times, as a good place to hang out for a day at Los Muertos. I have tried getting more details about it by online searcges, but haven't found much. Looking for feedback/opinions from people that have been there. Menu, best drinks, service, cleanliness,etc. Is ...
by roowie
Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:44 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Horseback Tours
Replies: 3
Views: 2685

ronald wrote..."they said it all depends on the quality of the horse that they give you"...
So true. If you go to get on a horse, and his name is Gluestick, choose a different horse.
by roowie
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:31 am
Topic: Food Association Game
Replies: 505
Views: 173614

comb
by roowie
Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:27 pm
Topic: Food Association Game
Replies: 505
Views: 173614

cane
by roowie
Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:37 pm
Topic: Great Special Dinner
Replies: 6
Views: 4023

Bruce,
looking forward to your lamb as well at Teatro Limon on the 4th, but still need you to hook me up with a reservation at Trio IF they still have Cabrito on the menu!
BTW, wife is looking forward to your mariscos(lobster).....
See you soon!

Louie & Sheila
by roowie
Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:33 am

thank you

Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions. Kat, We will be going to PV November 2nd, and are going on the Princesa Yelapa on Monday morning, the 3rd.
Any insider tips, or assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
Louie
by roowie
Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:41 pm

"Inside Vallarta Travel"

Having never done an excursion/tour, but wanting to visit Yelapa this time down, I booked an excursion on the Princesa Yelapa with Inside Vallarta Travel. My wife is not a big fan of little boats, and therefore a water taxi option was eliminated as soon as she saw an online photo of a water taxi. I ...
by roowie
Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:33 am
Topic: How many have Puerto Vallarta Vacation plans for 2008..2009
Replies: 206
Views: 78611

"Congrats to those that have PV trips booked....Brrr winter is on the way...
white stuff fell from the sky today and it was not geese doo doo"
...yeah, wouldn't want to catch "THAT" on your tongue!