Search found 121 matches

by mikeypv
Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:29 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Current weather now-July-11? is the sun intense?
Replies: 3
Views: 4755

I've been here since Monday and am amazed at how wonderful the weather is. I find that the humidity is really bearable, I've even been sleeping with the windows open and no a/c. It has been a little overcast or hazy on some days, and the clouds gather in the evenings making the sunsets unbelievable....
by mikeypv
Thu May 16, 2013 3:20 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Hotel Eloisa
Replies: 32
Views: 19235

I think that Kat's answer was on point and your snarky, condescending answer about her posting habits/destination expert status was uncalled for.
by mikeypv
Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:01 am
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Malecon
Replies: 4
Views: 2656

It is very lovely in the daytime, but at night I find it to be too dark, it's not very well lit at all in my opinion.
by mikeypv
Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:43 pm
Topic: Still coming down
Views: 2518

From what I have gathered fom different sources, the gist of it is that the police chief's car was attacked by gunfire and grenades, caught fire, exploded along with a taxi parked nearby. While he escaped unharmed, a body guard and 3 children on the way to school and the mother of 2 of them were inj...
by mikeypv
Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:49 pm
Topic: It's Deja Vu all over again!
Replies: 5
Views: 2920

Go Giants, kick some red bird behind. :lol:
by mikeypv
Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:53 pm
Topic: race to October
Replies: 21
Views: 6934

Good bye Dodgers, see you at spring training. Go Giants.
by mikeypv
Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:55 pm
Topic: parasail accident
Replies: 13
Views: 6216

My son and his then girlfriend bungeed there in 2002. They loved it. I think it hasn't been open for at least a few years.
by mikeypv
Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:29 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: NOW Amber Resort
Replies: 6
Views: 6926

I don't know if it is new or not and I'm horrible with directions but it is in the hotel zone located north of the Fiesta Americana. I think it has a sister resort called Secrets and may be run by the same group that runs Dreams.
by mikeypv
Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:02 am
Topic: Bloody Vikings.
Replies: 17
Views: 5767

Movie reference???? Maybe something Monty Python? I'm missing the posts, even if they are few and far between. 😏
by mikeypv
Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:22 pm
Topic: first annual TTR midwest repeaters PARTY!!!
Replies: 17
Views: 7428

I think the posters on here are disgusted that you post nothing at all about PV, I frankly could care less about some party with people who go to Cancun. Post that on a Cancun forum, if you are still welcome. Until then, as my grandma used to say, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything ...
by mikeypv
Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:37 am
Topic: This forum
Replies: 18
Views: 7538

I really like this forum, no drama, and helpful posters. You are so right about TA, heaven help you if you happen to disagree with the resident know-it-alls.
by mikeypv
Fri May 04, 2012 2:46 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Art walk
Views: 6660

The co-op on Pulpito across from Cocos Kitchen will be open this summer.
by mikeypv
Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:03 pm
Topic: Wishin'
Replies: 7
Views: 3267

Wishing and hoping and thinking and praying.
by mikeypv
Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:13 pm
Topic: A story to be written....."If I was in PV right now&
Replies: 12
Views: 4887

I would be sitting on our balcony enjoying the day, watching time fly without a care in the world.
by mikeypv
Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:55 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Where to stay in PV- Romantic, Hotel or South Zone
Replies: 8
Views: 6920

I would rule out Garza Blanca as it is south of PV proper and is a stand alone property. It is gorgeous, but I don't think too young adult friendly in terms of activities. I am not familiar with the Peninsula properties and Molina de Agua is in the south side/romantic zone on the beach within walkin...
by mikeypv
Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:47 pm
Topic: Highway Robbery
Replies: 5
Views: 4939

It was a bus tour of 22 people from the Carnavale Cruise lines, Thursday the 23, that was on an ecotour in Nogalito, a small village 5 to 6 miles from downtown. No one was hurt, just shaken by the experience. Varying reports of exactly how many gunmen there were.
by mikeypv
Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:00 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Rizos
Replies: 2
Views: 9841

Was in there a couple of weeks ago and the situation is still the same as when you last visited. They have posted a sign on the doors saying they are not closing and begging for business, but the selections are horrid. One good thing is their fresh baked bread section, being as their regular bread s...
by mikeypv
Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:21 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Driver & car rental
Replies: 1
Views: 4408

I suggest you contact Superior tours in PV. Sorry I don't know the phone number.
by mikeypv
Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:10 am
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: American Spirit Tobacco
Replies: 3
Views: 6805

I have never seen it, but have not been looking for it either. Since stores in Mexico don't carry the brand I smoke, I have to buy Malboro gold.
by mikeypv
Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Taxi fare - airport to Villa Premiere
Replies: 9
Views: 8918

No the fares are not per person, just the ride per zone.