Search found 51 matches

by Shimano Penn
Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:59 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: Salsa ?
Replies: 7
Views: 12649

That's true but not actually why the dance is called salsa. To make salsa you combine a number of ingredients any way you choose, there is no "recipie" and no two people make it the same. In salsa (dance) you combine vatious steps and moves as you choose, there is no set pattern and no two people do...
by Shimano Penn
Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:30 am
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Immigration and Customs......
Replies: 4
Views: 3064

It wasn't until I actually did it that I fully realized the benefit of flying in from Tijuana. It's not just cheaper , it's a domestic flight ! :D I don't know what you guys are talking about 8) Customs ?? Immigration ?? Sounds like international travel to me. The Volaris run from TJ to PV is basica...
by Shimano Penn
Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:24 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: how much are timeshares offering now?
Views: 5655

Not to be rude, start a fight or insult, but... these people are simply trying to make an honest living and what you propose your son may do sounds a lot like prostitution to me.

" unfortunately he may need to sit thru a presentation for some cash."

I know a lot of girls who do the same thing.
by Shimano Penn
Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:14 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Help for a penny pincher..current rates
Replies: 13
Views: 7467

I was just there last weekend, rates varied from 11 to 12+ in shops and restaurants with restaurants giving the worst deals. Still I couldn't care less when a full meal at Mariscos Tino's with 2 apps and 2 drinks cost me $16 :roll: A few pesos here or there isn't gonna kill me. As for everyone's pra...
by Shimano Penn
Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:23 pm
Topic: This Weekend !
Views: 2229

Sure but I'll have to leave out all the best details as this is a family site, right ? 8)
by Shimano Penn
Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Got back last night. man... I need a vacation... :lol:

I had a blast but I am worn out ! It's huge, I had no idea. The last time I was there was 1984. Just a bit different now :wink:
by Shimano Penn
Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:07 pm
Topic: current best places AFTER dinner for 40+ crowd
Replies: 47
Views: 64935

Have my dancing shoes ready to go! The only place you will want them is Jota Be, all the rest are uneven cobblestone floors :shock: I just got back last night and while I certainly didn't get to try every place for dancing I did go to JB, Andale's and La Bodegita. (Roxy was closed when I stopped by...
by Shimano Penn
Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:42 am
Topic: In case of emergency...
Views: 2470

Thanks all, I'm certainly not expecting any problems but thought since the info is here I might as well have it :D

Bags are packed, going to try to get some sleep soon :shock:
by Shimano Penn
Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:12 am
Topic: ATM at airport?
Replies: 3
Views: 2245

Thanks. My local bank had some pesos on hand so I took them. I can get more when I'm there.

Woooo Hoooo ! I doubt I'll sleep tonight :roll:
by Shimano Penn
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:48 pm
Topic: In case of emergency...
Views: 2470

In case of emergency...

So who do I contact if something bad happens? Like for example I find myself without my wallet, ID, cc's and cash ? :roll:
by Shimano Penn
Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:43 pm
Topic: ATM at airport?
Replies: 3
Views: 2245

ATM at airport?

I only have 150 pesos to travel with, will I pass an ATM exiting the airport? I can exchange some money here if I have to but the rate is pretty poor.

By this time tomorrow I will be there ! :lol:
by Shimano Penn
Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:24 pm

This Weekend !

I will be in PV Thursday thru Monday. If anyone wants to grab a beer let me know. :lol:
by Shimano Penn
Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:57 pm
Topic: Good meeting place ?
Views: 2959

Good meeting place ?

Just a few more days... by Thursday afternoon I'll be in paradise :D I'm planning to meet someone down there, can anyone suggest a good bar/ restaurant well known and easy to find? Casual place, maybe water view?
by Shimano Penn
Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:06 pm
Topic: TJ - PV for $78 RT
Replies: 1
Views: 1821

TJ - PV for $78 RT

Yes it's 4 AM. Sleepless, I was playing around on the net and for God only knows what reason I poked around Volaris a bit. There are rumors running around that there are some rediculously low fares if you really search. There are, I just bought a round trip ticket to PV in March for about $78 US. Ba...
by Shimano Penn
Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:17 pm

I know swing basic step and am told that most of the moves cross over. It's amazing how similar many of these partner/ social dances are, been told we only have two feet and there are only so many ways to move them 8)
by Shimano Penn
Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:01 pm

Thanks, I'll check those out. I danced a little in TJ yesterday, the style is a bit different but the girl could follow so it went well. In Ensenada they dance the same as we do in SD but Tijuana is different ? Wonder what I will find in PV :shock:
by Shimano Penn
Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:04 pm
Topic: Best Gentlemen's Clubs?
Replies: 16
Views: 25827

Just to follow up, I have seen the girl from PV a few times now and it seems likely I will have a "date" for my trip in January. She promised I will be an expert on PV Gent's Clubs by the time we're done. :D
by Shimano Penn
Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:15 pm
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Manzanillo, Colima.
Replies: 1
Views: 6992

Manzanillo, Colima.

Is this too far "off the beaten path" for a PV forum ? Does anyone know of a better group to learn about the place? I'm guessing there is a bus that connects Manzanillo and PV, a cab driver in TJ told me it's 3 hours by car. Does anyone know? I can get the best deals on airfare via Volaris to PV so ...
by Shimano Penn
Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Salsa ?

Counting the days now, Jan 14th is it ! I have a list of restaurants and clubs to check out from these forums but wondering if there are any dedicated salsa clubs ? It's OK if they are not touristy, I can hold my own in a "locals" club. Had the "gringo" tattoo removed from my forehead.
by Shimano Penn
Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:23 pm
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: credit cards
Replies: 8
Views: 7012

Find a tourist with cash, offer to pay for dinner (or boat trip or tour or whatever) with your cc and let him give you the cash ;) Old trick we used way back before ATM's 8)