Search found 7 matches

by gonzzo
Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:19 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: visiting pv with wife and young daughter/ looking 4 advice
Replies: 12
Views: 6123

lanhawk, I agree with you on all counts. The first time I stayed at Costa Sur it was Costa Vida and a much more enjoyable place. The second time I stayed there it was Costa Sur and the difference was very apparent.When the Playa Del Sol organization bought it, they ruined it. I was previously an own...
by gonzzo
Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Dear lanhawk, I am surprised to hear that you liked Costa Sur: you were truly fortunate. My experience was very different. You might want to do a google search for "Costa Sur" or "Playa del Sol Costa Sur" and "complaints", "timeshare problems" or similar search terms, I think you'll be surprised by ...
by gonzzo
Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:46 pm
Topic: Hotel Encinco
Replies: 5
Views: 3131

I have stayed at the Encino several times. It's hard to say if you'd like it, not knowing what you are looking for.; it is a tourist class hotel. If you want basic accommodations, Mexican style, it's a good choice. It's in a good location;right in the middle of town and walking distance to most thin...
by gonzzo
Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:30 pm

Hello Smirky, I have been vacationing in PV since 1988 and I think you will love the place. You want to be careful of one major pitfall in PV: the time share sales. I advise you to RUN AWAY FROM ANY TIMES SHARE SOLICITATION. especially avoid the Playa Del SOl Group. I previously owned with them and ...
by gonzzo
Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:15 pm
Topic: Hotel Mercurio
Replies: 2
Views: 2418

I am responding to your request for info on the Hotel Mercurio. I stayed there several years ago before it became a gay hotel, so I can't tell you how much you'd like it as a gay destination. But I can tell you that the location is great. it's in the old part of town on the south side of the city ca...
by gonzzo
Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:47 pm
Topic: First timers need advice, please!
Replies: 5
Views: 2859

I have vacationed in PV since 1988 and have owned 2 timeshares there. I would never do an "all inclusive" as it restricts you too much. You will have paid for all or most of your drinks and food at the resort and will not experience the many, many dining opportunities that exist in PV. You will spen...
by gonzzo
Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:26 pm
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Avoid Playa Del Sol Time Share
Replies: 13
Views: 16915

Avoid Playa Del Sol Time Share

If you are going to Puerto Vallarta you will eventually be approached to attend a timeshare presentation and sales pitch. DON'T DO IT. SAY NO AND MEAN IT. WALK AWAY. You will be offered numerous incentives to attend and if you go you will be subjected to an hours long sales pitch that is high pressu...