Search found 39 matches

by jamesw
Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:20 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Tipping and a ? about web cam
Replies: 7
Views: 2910

Re:Tipping and a ? about web cam

melis (Oct 10, 2004 01:33 p.m.): i doubt even if u locate the webcam that you'll be able to wave, i mean u can, but nobody will see u everything/one looks pretty small on the web cam view. it sucks totally! considering it is the only one in PV, saying that it sucks is kinda harsh, don't you think??...
by jamesw
Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:16 pm
Topic: Scotiabank in PV
Views: 3359

Re:Scotiabank in PV

marie (Oct 10, 2004 05:04 p.m.): earlyretire (Sep 26, 2004 12:10 p.m.): Hey all you Canuks, there is a Scotiabank in PV It gives the best rates on exchange CDN Dollars through the ATM No ATM charges, No Interac charges, and no Other Bank charges to contend with, for Scotiabank customers. I am not a...
by jamesw
Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:56 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Larger full screen of WEBCAM
Replies: 1
Views: 3085

Larger full screen of WEBCAM

by jamesw
Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:13 am
Topic: Urgent, Privacy issue
Replies: 4
Views: 4861

Urgent, Privacy issue

Hi Everyone, A friend of mine told me about this and I decided to check it out....OK, this is just too much! Can you say "privacy?" As in, "where is our right to it???" I definitely removed mine. I suggest you all do the same.... Now you can see anyone's Driver's License on the Internet, including y...
by jamesw
Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:14 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: RV Park or Trailer Paek
Views: 2177

Re:RV Park or Trailer Paek

There is one just north of the airport close to the water.

see attached map

--vallarta-info.com/marina.html

and their webbsite is

http://www.mexonline.com/3portales.htm

Plan for tomorrow....but LIVE for Today !!!
by jamesw
Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:13 pm
Topic: Today's exchange rate
Replies: 13
Views: 4231

Re:Today's exchange rate

mrsb (Sep 26, 2004 12:08 a.m.): actually I just checked the exchange rate at the morgens sugested site and it was 11.25,....I checked a bunch yesterday and a number of them were also 11.25,...some less I found NONE at 11.3 but the Canadian Bank of Nova Scotia was 11.26,.....not much better I agree ...
by jamesw
Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:10 pm
Topic: Scotiabank in PV
Views: 3359

Scotiabank in PV

Hey all you Canuks, there is a Scotiabank in PV
It gives the best rates on exchange CDN Dollars through the ATM

No ATM charges, No Interac charges, and no Other Bank charges to contend with, for Scotiabank customers.
by jamesw
Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:47 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: Daytime... until 10pm - what will we do??
Views: 2435

Re:Daytime... until 10pm - what will we do??

cruisin4abruisin (Sep 17, 2004 03:27 p.m.): I am going on a cruise with 22 of my friends the first week in Oct. 2004 we will only be in PV from 9am to 10pm. We are HUGE partiers... Any suggestions on what to do? What time do this clubs get started? Any cool bars were we can get really rowdy/ freaky...
by jamesw
Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:35 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Question about Skyservice out of Vancouver
Replies: 8
Views: 4945

Re:Question about Skyservice out of Vancouver

mikey and gabby (Sep 17, 2004 01:10 p.m.): *****************If you have never flown Skyservice before I would avoid at all costs if possible. *****************I found the service and staff not really up to par IMO. That isn't really a fair thing to say about Skyservice, although I have not flown ou...
by jamesw
Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:54 pm
Topic: Swim up bar at the Tropicana?
Replies: 2
Views: 1829

Re:Swim up bar at the Tropicana?

McGrady (Sep 15, 2004 11:32 a.m.): Has anyone stayed at the Tropicana and do they have a swim up bar? On another website it says “AcuaBar, Swim up and enjoy your favorite drink.” But, I can’t find any mention of it anywhere else. Also, the Tropicana does not seem to be listed here on puertovallarta...
by jamesw
Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:41 pm
Topic: Hurricane Javier
Replies: 6
Views: 5660

Re:Hurricane Javier

luvthis (Sep 13, 2004 02:49 p.m.): Anybody out there have any info on how Hurricane Javier is expected to impact Puerto Vallarta? We are arriving on 9/25 and are just wondering if it will brush close enough to cause any wind damage or storm surge. No need to worry unless it makes a 90 degree turn t...
by jamesw
Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:54 pm
Forum: Your photos & videos of Vallarta & surroundings
Topic: Puerto Vallarta, Kenna, & Costa Vida
Replies: 5
Views: 7620

Re:Puerto Vallarta, Kenna, & Costa Vida

actually the Hurricane skirted Puerto Vallarta, the pics are of the storm surge we hear so much of but never really see any pics of.
Top that off with the rain.

Your pics are great, thanks for sharing them with us. I really enjoyed them. Scary...
by jamesw
Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:47 pm
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Buying property in PV
Replies: 36
Views: 19189

Re:Buying property in PV

A Fideicomiso (trust) is required to own property near the beach. Foreigners cannot hold property near the Mexican coast in their name. To handle this problem, the major banks provide a trust service for which the buyer pays an initial fee of about US$2,000 to $4,000 and annual fees of $150 to $500,...
by jamesw
Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:45 pm
Topic: Charging camera battery
Replies: 6
Views: 2791

Re:Charging camera battery

Elena (Sep 06, 2004 06:28 p.m.):
No problem. The currency is the same as it is in Canada and the U.S.

I believe you meant current LOL

not to worry, just plug away, same as the US and Canada
by jamesw
Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:08 pm
Topic: Web Cam
Replies: 24
Views: 14296

Re:Web Cam

gotta know one thing...

is that a Blue Johnny on the Spot on the beach? An outhouse? Looks funny there.
by jamesw
Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:14 am
Topic: Question for Long Time resident ex-patriates
Views: 5634

Re:Question for Long Time resident ex-patriates

Thank you so much all for your responses. I was concerned about being stopped randomly for id constantly. You all know what it is like, last minute jitters, worrying about everything that could go wrong, I have to keep reminding myself to lay back, relax and let the world unfold. I have found a grea...
by jamesw
Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:57 pm
Topic: Rui
Replies: 2
Views: 1698

Re:Rui

BHTX (Sep 02, 2004 06:21 p.m.): I am told the water at the hotel is filtered, any truth to this or should i take caution? Also how far is it from the hotel to the beach? The RIU (spelt Riu not Rui) is a world class resort, I would give it a 4 stars. 5 stars to me would be more like the Waldorf Asto...
by jamesw
Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:22 pm
Topic: Question for Long Time resident ex-patriates
Views: 5634

Question for Long Time resident ex-patriates

Hi All I am going to be arriving in PV 1st of November for an planned early retirement and extended stay of 6 months. My post here has 2 parts to it. 1) I was wondering if anyone has any information on what to expect as far as being asked to show the Tourist Card, or ID to the Local Police. Most peo...
by jamesw
Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:29 pm
Topic: Web Cam
Replies: 24
Views: 14296

Re:Web Cam

Hallelujah
More proof that PV is Paradise

You are right, it is so bright, looks like an awakening, or a nuclear blast. I prefer Paradise.
LOL
by jamesw
Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:56 pm
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Leave your attitude at home
Replies: 44
Views: 38093

Re:Leave your attitude at home

manfred from ottawa/canada (Aug 29, 2004 12:09 p.m.): LOL LOL you rigth my friend , only french canadian are verry arrogant & don t speak even englisch < supercheap tipper are mostly from quebec ,, A ex- restaurant owner from ontario could we get back to the reason this whole thread started, It was...