Search found 9 matches

by travone
Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:19 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Places to visit/things to do for single 50 yr old traveler
Replies: 9
Views: 5637

I've traveled by myself several times to PV and love it. I've felt welcome and safe just about everywhere I've gone, but my favorites are Mariscos Tino's (great seafood), Kaiser Maximillan, and Archie's Wok. There are many great silver places in town. Just go into all of them and bargain, bargain, b...
by travone
Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:25 am
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa
Replies: 1
Views: 4410

Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa

I came across an ad for this place while looking online for a place to stay for my annual December vacation. Anyone know where this is located? The ad I saw said that 106 rooms are slated to open in October. Looks nice, but I don't want to stay there in December if it will still be under constructio...
by travone
Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:42 pm
Topic: First trip to PV in February
Replies: 18
Views: 11149

Enjoy

Enjoy your trip at the Hola. Since you will be eating some meals out, make sure to try Kaiser Maximillian (may not be spelled right). It is downtown and was the best meal I had in Mexico last year. I only half jokingly told the waiter it was a good thing it was near the end of my trip, or I may have...
by travone
Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am
Topic: First trip to PV in February
Replies: 18
Views: 11149

I've stayed at both Hola and GCP

I've stayed at both Hola and GCP. Of the two, I prefer the Hola. The rooms are bigger and the balcony's are bigger, with a view of the ocean. I paid extra for an ocean view room at GCP and couldn't see a thing because palms trees blocked the view. Also, the "regulars" at GCP seem to think they own a...
by travone
Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:49 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: travel info for hola vallarta
Views: 1576

Hola

Friendly Canadian I think we switched vacation plans this year. I've stayed at the Hola for the past two years, but am switching this year to GCP. I LOVED the Hola. The only reason I'm switching is because I wanted to try a different area. The Hola put in an adults only pool within the last two year...
by travone
Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Where to stay in PV
Replies: 9
Views: 8596

Hola

I have stayed at the Hola a few times. It is very centrally located in the hotel zone. There are restaurants and stores within walking distance. Downtown and the marina are just a short bus ride away. The Hola is AI, but it is so reasonably priced that you don't mind spending the extra money to take...
by travone
Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:07 pm
Topic: GCP
Replies: 17
Views: 15351

Thank you very much. I am going to stay at the GCP. You have been very helpful.
by travone
Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:50 pm
Topic: GCP
Replies: 17
Views: 15351

GCP

Okay, I was going to stay at Dreams, but after reading this board I think I want to try the GCP. I have some questions though and I hope you can help, I am getting conflicting information from some web sites. 1. Are there non-smoking rooms available? 2. Are there safes in the rooms? If yes, does thi...
by travone
Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:31 am
Topic: Dreams South Zone
Views: 2209

Dreams South Zone

I have been to PV a few time before, but have always stayed in the hotel zone. I take the bus back and forth to town. We are now considering staying in the South Zone at Dreams. My question is about the transportation to town. Is there the same wonderful bus service to town from the South Zone? than...