Search found 132 matches

by pvdeb
Fri May 24, 2002 5:34 am
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Bungalows for rent in Yelapa?
Replies: 1
Views: 1105

Re:Bungalows for rent in Yelapa?

You can only get to Yelapa by boat. One site to check out is www.vallarta-info.com/yelapa.html, which also has a link to an accomodation there. You could take a water taxi from Boca de Tomatlan to Yelapa, spend the night and take a water taxi back the next day. Buses run from Old Town in PV to Boca.
by pvdeb
Wed May 22, 2002 6:11 pm
Topic: 1st timer away from home
Replies: 12
Views: 3262

Re:1st timer away from home

Shelly, I've hesitated to say anything, waiting to see what others my suggest to you. The only "red flag" I got from your post is that the girls are kinda naive. I'm not presuming any parental instruction (they're adults legally and can do whatever they want to do), but please tell them that Mexican...
by pvdeb
Fri Apr 26, 2002 8:03 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Cancun vs. Puerto Vallarta
Replies: 5
Views: 3467

Re:Cancun vs. Puerto Vallarta

I went to Cancun 5 times in 2 1/2 years (once with hubby and 4x with girlfriend) and partied till I dropped and thought I'd found the most fun place in the world. What could beat snow-white beaches with limestone sand that never gets hot, crystal-clear water more shades of turquoise than I knew exis...
by pvdeb
Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:12 am
Topic: Sam's Club
Replies: 8
Views: 2594

Re:Sam's Club

You can use your Sam's card in PV. I went there looking for Kahlua-filled chocolate candy that you can buy elsewhere in PV in small boxes and kinda expensive for what you get. I'd heard Sams had them. Not only did I find them, I also found tequila-filled and cherry liquer-filled chocolates there, in...
by pvdeb
Sun Mar 31, 2002 2:08 am
Topic: PHOTO LINK-- MELIA March 2002
Views: 1862

Re:PHOTO LINK-- MELIA March 2002

I believe the yellow flower is called Copa de Oro. Loved your pics!
by pvdeb
Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:15 am
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Snorkeling
Replies: 4
Views: 3143

Re:Snorkeling

I have snorkelled at Las Caletas, Los Arcos and Islas Marietas. Las Caletas is a beautiful place for a day trip, but we couldn't see squat snorkelling. Los Arcos was pretty nice, be depending on the strength of the currents that day, the water may be somewhat murky. The Marietas Islands are the best...
by pvdeb
Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:42 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: movie star/celebrities in pv
Replies: 14
Views: 5730

Re:movie star/celebrities in pv

Ok, you've done it now! I knew Alejandro Fernandez had a home near PV (have a pic of it from Vallarta Lifesyles), but now that I know where he may he hang out, I'll be spending the first week of my next trip at De Santos. I've seen him 20 rows from the stage in concert, but if I could only be a few ...
by pvdeb
Sun Mar 10, 2002 2:30 am
Topic: FLIGHTS FROM US TO PVR
Replies: 6
Views: 2706

Re:FLIGHTS FROM US TO PVR

lonnie, Like the gooberhead I can sometimes be, I completely forgot to mention...if you take Southwest into Dallas, it only flies into/out of Love Field Airport. All the package tour companies I mentioned fly out of Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport, so you would have to make arrangements to take a taxi or s...
by pvdeb
Sun Mar 10, 2002 2:23 am
Topic: liquor prices
Views: 2679

Re:liquor prices

Jen,

Exactly where is Don Chuy's? I'm making notes for October...hopefully.
by pvdeb
Fri Mar 08, 2002 7:07 am
Topic: FLIGHTS FROM US TO PVR
Views: 2706

Re:FLIGHTS FROM US TO PVR

If you can find a good fare to Dallas on Southwest, you will get your best deals from here to PVR on packages through Adventure Tours, Funjet or MLT. The only drawback is your limited to their trip lengths of 3, 4, or 7 nights (MLT may also do 14 night). You can also buy airfare only and while chart...
by pvdeb
Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:12 am
Topic: baby
Views: 2039

Re:baby

I'm not a mom, but having been to PV several times, I would not call it very "stroller friendly". The streets are mostly cobblestone and pretty rough. The sidewalks are up and down and often uneven; you really have to watch where you're walking. As an observer only, I would think some kind of back o...
by pvdeb
Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:06 am
Topic: ai or ep?
Replies: 1
Views: 1176

Re:ai or ep?

Only did an A/I once on a 2nd trip to Ixtapa, after we'd eaten at all the outside restaurants we wanted to try the year before and were planning on just hanging out at the hotel most of the time. I would never consider an A/I in PV because there's just too many great restaurants to go to and I don't...