Search found 132 matches

by pvdeb
Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:11 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Going to PVR Alone
Replies: 11
Views: 5491

I apologize for forgetting to respond to the question of topless bathing, but thankfully my friend Jen stepped in to comment. Just to expound on what she's said, though it is illegal in Mexico, you will occasionally see someone sunning topless. In my 10 trips, I've only seen two women do it. I under...
by pvdeb
Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:47 am

I should have put the full name...Villa Premier. Google it and you will find several links that tell you about the property. I don't believe they have an all-inclusive feature, but from everything I've read, they seem to be the nicest adults only resort IN PV (and maybe most expensive?). Golden Crow...
by pvdeb
Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:02 am

Solo

As one who has traveled to PV solo several times and as one who has stayed at the Riu Jalisco (not solo), I personally would not combine the two. You said the Riu caters to adults because they have an adult pool. Depending on the time of year you go, the hotel could be filled with families with kidd...
by pvdeb
Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:24 pm
Topic: Playa Los Arcos vs. Buenaventura
Replies: 16
Views: 7446

[quote]AI in PV is much much different than AI in the Mayan..... Yes, I'm figuring that out. It's really too bad. [quote] And thank goodness it's NOT like the Mayan Riviera. PV is SO much more than AI's, pampering and white beaches. For people that want that, go far it...other side of Mexico. Just l...
by pvdeb
Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:17 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: andale?
Replies: 25
Views: 15351

Little Car

And that little car has been replaced by a Worm. So let's see this year what Ted and Gail can do with that!
by pvdeb
Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:56 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: foody week report
Replies: 8
Views: 6535

In view of recent revelations on the Tours forum, it would appear that once again, Bruce came on this board promoting his own restaurant under the guise of another persona named "femme". But for "femme" to then refer to what is in effect himself as burly is just unsettling. And he wonders why some p...
by pvdeb
Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:45 am
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Rythms of the night
Replies: 3
Views: 3214

Dave, I've been told that most tours continue even in the rain, but if there is lightening in the bay, it may be canceled. I suggest you email Vallarta Adventures through their website and ask that question. They're usually good about responding to emails and at least you're getting your answer from...
by pvdeb
Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:37 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Baggage Handling in Australia.......
Replies: 4
Views: 1639

That was hysterical!
by pvdeb
Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:19 am
Topic: Cafe de Olla
Views: 4002

Last year they re-opened on 10/16 and I know they were closed for a month, so you're probably pretty close if not right on the money.
by pvdeb
Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:33 am
Topic: where to stay
Views: 3253

I can only tell you that Las Palmas is IN Puerto Vallarta and (Decameron) Los Cocos is in Rincon de Guayabitos, about an hour or more north of PV. BIG difference, if you're wanting to stay in PV and experience what it has to offer.
by pvdeb
Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:52 am
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: In House Massage Therapists
Replies: 9
Views: 8090

Tatjana

Will do Jen! I'm thinking of scheduling surprise massages for hubby, Mom and myself (well I won't be surprised), but need to find a time and also figure out logistics. Tatjana told me that though they have 3 people working there, herself, Ezekiel and another girl (Alejandra took a year off with a ne...
by pvdeb
Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:57 am

Tatjana

Now if I were a troll, I could jump on my amiga Jennybean and tell her if she'd looked at the website I provided, that she would see that it IS Tatjana in her new business. But since I'm not and Jen knows my level of humor (that's humour for you Jen), I will only say that that is the correct website...
by pvdeb
Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:32 am

I have spoken with Tatjana at metamorfosismassage dot com and they have 3 massage therapists and will come to your location. I haven't used their services (yet) but I've heard they are excellent. They are located on the southside.
by pvdeb
Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:05 am
Topic: George's?
Replies: 6
Views: 3736

George's

George's is on Boca de Tomates, which is a beach north of the Marina and the airport and just on the south side of the Rio Ameca. I have been on that beach, but not to that restaurant in particular, but have friends that love it there. That beach is popular with the locals and you will find lots of ...
by pvdeb
Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:02 am
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Sorrento Vallarta
Views: 8551

Sorrento

These look like really nice apts. The only thing you'll want to be aware of is their location. They are in the Ramblases colonia, which is a good distance east to northeast of the El Centro area. Their site has a link showing an "ocean view" from their roof and if you look at it, you can see that yo...
by pvdeb
Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:35 pm
Topic: El Cuchillo...
Replies: 23
Views: 8319

How did I ever get mixed up with this motley crew? Shecky, I just like to haunt. You never know where I'll be. Sylvia, I too love that photo of us. And I only pretend to be an angel. Howard, young okay, but innocent? You've just never heard about my Cancun drinking stories. Kat and Jen (in spirit?) ...
by pvdeb
Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:48 pm
Topic: El Cuchillo...
Replies: 23
Views: 8319

I'm sure glad I was too full from dinner and too tired to join your vagabond group that night for the cantina crawl. You all might have led me astray from the meek, conservative person that I am.

Shecky, I can't wait to see you and Paula and meet Luke in October!
by pvdeb
Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:51 am
Topic: NH Krystal vs. La Iguana Mexican Fiesta
Replies: 18
Views: 12291

And my now 83 yr. old mom adores Jen too! LOL I have been to the La Iguana dinner show twice and though it's the only one I've been to, I would recommend it for someone wanting to see a varied folkloric type show in PV. The food was not great, but for a buffet, it was pretty good. They don't leave i...
by pvdeb
Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:25 am
Topic: molinillo...
Views: 5374

Rosie! I found some of these when Kellymarie and I were walking along Aquiles Serdan after leaving La Escondida last year. They were in a little tienda on the south side of the street, but I have no idea what the name of it was, or if it even had a name. But they had all kinds of things from toys to...
by pvdeb
Wed May 31, 2006 12:58 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: NEED some HELP!
Views: 4267

Don't know if JB was referring to me, but I have been to Boca de Tomates with local friends. It's definitely a local's hangout, but a great place to get away from the tourists. There's a wide expanse of beach and 3 or 4 different beach restaurants there, including El Manglar where we ate and George'...