Search found 132 matches

by pvdeb
Sun May 07, 2006 10:06 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Yellow Submarines
Replies: 2
Views: 2177

Sylvia, I saw the yellow submarine on my 2nd trip to PV, so that would have been in 2000. Then I never saw it again. I read somewhere that the tour went away, something to do with the undersea currents not cooperating with the needed movements of the sub. Sorry I don't know anymore than that.
by pvdeb
Tue May 02, 2006 12:57 am
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Villas Tizoc location
Replies: 10
Views: 5135

Villas Tizoc are on Hwy. 200 on the south side of town, a little further south of the Pemex gas station and where Francisca Rodriguez meets the highway. They sit on the side of the mountain on the east side of the highway and have a little turn-in area with steps and a cable-car type thing that goes...
by pvdeb
Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:14 am
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Top 3 things to bring home
Replies: 28
Views: 23387

I have carried wrapped and packaged breakables back home several times in recent years and have never been made to unpack anything when leaving PV. But I always ask the vendor to label the outside of the box with what is inside. I don't know if that holds true in all cases, but so far it's worked fo...
by pvdeb
Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:47 am
Topic: SHOPPING FOR SILVER!!
Replies: 7
Views: 4678

I forgot to say, Lucy's closes for the summer for Lucy and Gil to go on their buying trips, but I'm not sure when they close. They open back up sometime in October.
by pvdeb
Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:41 am
Topic: SHOPPING FOR SILVER!!
Replies: 7
Views: 4678

Not as much selection, but if you like silver earrings, check out Lucy's CuCu Cabana on Basillio Badillo. The shop is great for all kinds of things that they buy from all over Mexico, but they get these wonderful, intricately-carved silver earrings that are different from anything I've seen anywhere...
by pvdeb
Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:44 am
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: i know this sounds pathetic...
Replies: 31
Views: 11444

Pathetic?

No, you're not pathetic, just taken in by the charm of Latin men, as have been many a woman/girl on vacation before you. I like the idea of trying to make another trip in a few months if you can and see what happens then. But even then, I would recommend that you be very careful and always, I mean a...
by pvdeb
Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:09 am
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: myth or truth
Replies: 29
Views: 28768

No problem Michelle and no apologies necessary. We're all cool.
by pvdeb
Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:32 pm

Holy Cow!

I've finally gotten caught in the cyber-web of misunderstanding. First of all, in my first post, using the words "I believe" simply meant "I think(from my experience)" or "it's my understanding (from my experience)" that things are such a way. I was in no way meaning to generalize, as I have no idea...
by pvdeb
Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:23 am

Well then Mogens ...

... I bow in supplication of humblest apologies for leading the readers astray. And I'll tell all the latin women I encounter that have "de" in their name that they are just out of touch.
by pvdeb
Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:01 am

Tradition in the US has already been discussed. Of course all that is subject to change by just going to court and requesting a name change. Back to the OP's original question, regarding girls, I believe that a female child born to John Doe and Mary Perez will also carry her father's family name fir...
by pvdeb
Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:24 am
Topic: Question about opening a business in PV.
Replies: 12
Views: 15278

BFTB, do you mind if I ask what you mean by a "certain European clientele"? From what part of Europe would this clientele come? And what languages and customs would your workers need to be familiar with? I'm just curious, as I've not heard of a consistent influx of any European contingent (though I ...
by pvdeb
Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:32 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: Best time to go to the Malecon
Replies: 11
Views: 6546

They're called Los Voladores de Papantla. They are Totonac Indians and I think they come from the state of Veracruz. You can find out more about them by googling them.
by pvdeb
Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:46 am
Topic: help! where can i find a leather jacket?
Replies: 1
Views: 2818

Re:help! where can i find a leather jacket?

Rolling Stone Leather Store on the malecon, which is the main seawall boulevard downtown. The store is around the middle and anyone can direct you to it, or if coming from a ways off, all the taxi drivers know it. Be sure and check upstairs also, as they put their markdowns and specials up there. Go...
by pvdeb
Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:56 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: busy, busy
Replies: 19
Views: 8443

Re:busy, busy

Congrats on the move. I know where your condo is and sure wish I could afford one of those. So is your wife going to move back down there with you? Best of luck on your new life.
by pvdeb
Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:59 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Airport navigation
Replies: 20
Views: 8065

Re:Airport navigation

I'm going to toss in another of my 2 pesos here. The Walmart is no where near the airport. Yes you can walk out to the street from the airport and catch a bus, but unless you have very little luggage (i.e. a carryon per person), navigating luggage onto a bus would not be fun. And for the OP, you wil...
by pvdeb
Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:44 pm
Topic: Airport navigation
Replies: 20
Views: 8065

Re:Airport navigation

To modify the above response, when you exit Customs, you will first walk through a room with long counters on both sides and people will approach you and ask you where you're going and no matter what you tell them, they will guide you over to what looks like an information center (if you let them). ...
by pvdeb
Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:29 pm
Topic: Female traveling solo - safety concerns
Replies: 18
Views: 5903

Re:Female traveling solo - safety concerns

Having made 4 trips solo (female) to PV, I have found it to be safer than my home city. I have walked around at all hours of the day and night and never had anything happen that even made me nervous. Of course you take all the normal precautions, as to knowing where you are, being conscious of peopl...
by pvdeb
Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:16 am
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: La dolce vita
Replies: 10
Views: 3831

Re:La dolce vita

I went there on my first trip to PV after hearing everyone rave about it. I ordered pizza with "imported Italian sausage" and what I got was pizza with cut up weiners on it. After dinner and dessert, my friend and I continued ordering drinks, but the waiters hovered over us, kept looking at the line...
by pvdeb
Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:24 pm
Topic: Tips for an English family holiday in PV in late July
Replies: 9
Views: 2853

Re:Tips for an English family holiday in PV in late July

I can't really answer your question about things to do with the kids, but I will just make a couple of comments, based on that you indicate that you live in England. July is one of the hottest months of the year in PV. We were there in July 3 years ago and it was very, very hot and humid; I believe ...
by pvdeb
Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:37 pm
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: First and Last Visit To Puerto Vallarta
Replies: 62
Views: 56114

Re:First and Last Visit To Puerto Vallarta

When you come out of Customs, walk straight through that "timeshare room" without making eye contact or speaking to any of the "reps" there. Exit that room and turn around to your right and you will see large glass exit doors. To the right of the doors you'll see a sign that says Taxis and a window ...