Search found 132 matches

by pvdeb
Tue May 25, 2004 10:58 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Mexican Fiestas
Replies: 14
Views: 4829

Re:Mexican Fiestas

School of Champions is the school built to help the children that live at the city dump. You can get more info about them at www.childrenofthedump.org
by pvdeb
Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:58 pm
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: La Cruz, Bucerias, Sayalita
Replies: 14
Views: 17530

Re:La Cruz, Bucerias, Sayalita

Well, you CAN get to Sayulita from Punta Mita, but you'd have to know the back road. It's asphalt part of the way, to the village of Higuera Blanca, then it turns to dirt road and you really have to have a 4-wheel drive to try it. There were some low-water crossings, but they were working on some br...
by pvdeb
Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:52 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Playa Del Sol Condo
Replies: 12
Views: 3392

Re:Playa Del Sol Condo

Playa Del Sol is a condo complex, mostly "owned" through timeshares, with a few individually-owned units that the owners rent out. All condos, as far as I know, have kitchen facilities. The complex has no in-house food service. So staying there, you can do your own shopping and fix meals as you wish...
by pvdeb
Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:33 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Why need insect repellant? Mosquitos?
Replies: 7
Views: 2975

Re:Why need insect repellant? Mosquitos?

If your trip is during rainy season (approx. June-mid Oct.)and you go anywhere where there is lush vegetation, you will find mosquitos and as the previous poster said, they are a cut above the ones we usually see where we live. You will be glad you had some repellant. Also, some of the beaches, i.e....
by pvdeb
Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:44 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: rooftop restaurant???
Replies: 17
Views: 7205

Re:rooftop restaurant???

Sounds like El Panorama on top of the La Siesta Suites Hotel. Yes it's still there. Food is pricy but pretty good. Sunset is a must, then you can watch the city lights come on and if lucky, the Marigalante will shoot off fireworks and a fully-lighted cruise ship will cross the bay. Very picturesque.
by pvdeb
Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:08 am
Topic: Huichols tour
Replies: 4
Views: 2066

Re:Huichols tour

Lors, I really pounded my old brain trying to remember how much I spent on artwork when I was in the village and honestly can't remember, but I'll guess it was in the neighborhood of $40 or $50US, but I bought several different things. The larger the piece and more beading on it, the more it will co...
by pvdeb
Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:54 am
Topic: Huichols tour
Views: 2066

Re:Huichols tour

Lors, the Huicholes are known for their artwork involving different shapes of clay or wood covered with tiny beads, forming designs that are inspired by the hallucinogenic (sic?) dreams the shamans see under the influence of peyote. They also do yarn "paintings" with the same designs, all of which m...
by pvdeb
Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:09 am
Topic: Huichol Indian Tour
Replies: 2
Views: 1726

Re:Huichol Indian Tour

If you scroll down this page there is another thread about "visit Huichol Indians" where I posted about my experience. I went with Harris Tours, who does have a website http://www.harristours.com/harristours.html. I'm not sure if you can book early through the website, but you can get contact info f...
by pvdeb
Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:01 am
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Safe to shop???
Replies: 10
Views: 11141

Re:Safe to shop???

Vicki, after several trips to PV solo, I have found the city to be extremely safe for walking around alone. And I prefer to shop by myself. Just take the normal precautions about not showing large sums of money at one time and if you use a credit card, make sure it never leaves your sight, or it mig...
by pvdeb
Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:54 am
Topic: Electricity Plug Questions...
Replies: 9
Views: 3541

Re:Electricity Plug Questions...

Vicki, I waited to see if anyone would mention this and they haven't, so I'll just say that if you have any appliance with a 3-pronged plug, you will need to bring an adapter to make it 2-prong. You would be hard pressed to find a 3-prong outlet. I always bring an extension cord also, as the outlets...
by pvdeb
Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:10 am
Topic: The New Sand Bar Seafood Restaurant
Views: 2399

Re:The New Sand Bar Seafood Restaurant

It is located at the corner of Olas Altas and Fca. Rodriguez, above Cafe San Angel and next to Sweeny's. I didn't go there, as I had too many other places I wanted to go, but passed by it every day.
by pvdeb
Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:33 am
Topic: Visit to see Huichol Indians
Replies: 3
Views: 2017

Re:Visit to see Huichol Indians

Sorry lors, just got back from 3 weeks in PV and just now saw your post. This tour is through Harris Tours and you should be able to book it with a tour agent in your hotel. If not, the last phone # I had for them is 322-223-2972. Seems like it was around $85US and that included a light breakfast on...
by pvdeb
Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:46 pm
Topic: Visit to see Huichol Indians
Replies: 3
Views: 2017

Re:Visit to see Huichol Indians

The following is my response to a post a while back. If you want to see the whole thread, go to the bottom of this page and hit "next page" to page 3. The header references the Huicholes. I took a land tour with Harris Tours. I'm a little nervous about small planes, so chose this one even though it ...
by pvdeb
Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:55 pm
Topic: Cuetos
Replies: 6
Views: 2581

Re:Cuetos

We'll add it to the other 87 restaurants we want to try this trip. Surely we can squeeze it in. And we'll just get on a Ramblases bus and make it a real adventure.
by pvdeb
Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:34 pm
Topic: Cuetos
Replies: 6
Views: 2581

Re:Cuetos

Sue, on your new map, look at C-9, and the restaurant is on Calle Pt. Veracruz. I'm glad to know where it is too, as I'd heard it was great.
by pvdeb
Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:56 pm
Topic: Need Help Picking a Tour!!!
Views: 1765

Re:Need Help Picking a Tour!!!

It all depends on your interests. Harris Tours is a good company and their Escape to Paradise is basically a trip out into the "jungle" to visit some of the jungle restaurants, with lunch at one (lunch not included in the tour I believe). The scenery is nice and you can see some of the rivers. Valla...
by pvdeb
Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:28 am
Topic: Taxis
Views: 1396

Re:Taxis

Buy your taxi tickets at the Taxi window in front of you as you exit Customs. Fares are figured by zone; the more zones you cross, the more the fare. Fares will be higher leaving the airport as these are federally plated taxis. After you've paid, you just hand your ticket to one of the drivers outsi...
by pvdeb
Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:49 pm
Topic: Prices at the Hotel Marsol
Replies: 13
Views: 3390

Re:Prices at the Hotel Marsol

Rosanne, one favor. Though hopefully I will have been in PV and probably gone by the time of your stay, would you please come back to the board and give a report of your findings at the Marsol. This board spends a lot of time talking about hotels in the hotel zone, marina and Nuevo, but not as much ...
by pvdeb
Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:49 am
Topic: Eating on the south side
Views: 1964

Re:Eating on the south side

Breakfast: La Casa de los Hotcakes aka/Memo's at B. Badillo 289, El Tucán (Fredy's) next to Posada Roger on B. Badillo, Buenos Diaz at B. Badillo 229 Lunch and/or Dinner: La Piazetta at R. Gomez 143 & Olas Altas (killer pizza, pasta and bruschetta), Chiles on Pulpito (great roasted chicken and burge...
by pvdeb
Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:41 pm
Topic: Prices at the Hotel Marsol
Replies: 13
Views: 3390

Re:Prices at the Hotel Marsol

I'm going to beat Susana to the punch only because I wanted to comment on your post also. Susana is a devotee of Posada Roger on Basillio Badillo and I am looking closely at that for my fall trip. I'll let her tell you more about it, but I was going to comment on the Marsol. I'd be curious as to the...