Search found 132 matches

by pvdeb
Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:52 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Yelapa Tour
Replies: 7
Views: 3099

Re:Yelapa Tour

As Cabrón says, it can be done much easier on your own. But I understand people that want something more structured; I've done that many times. As HellsBells says though, you might have done some asking around, especially if you had a tour rep at your hotel as part of a package. Even if you don't, a...
by pvdeb
Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:13 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Help to remember a hotel name
Replies: 8
Views: 2441

Re:Help to remember a hotel name

Playa Los Arcos is north of the pier, U-shaped with a pool in the middle but it's at beach level. It sits directly across from Andales (home of the burro). The elevator is sometimes smelly from sweaty beach bodies and no a/c in it. The San Marino is south of the pier, but seems like their pool was a...
by pvdeb
Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:00 am
Topic: Playa Los Arcos
Replies: 6
Views: 1995

Re:Playa Los Arcos

I've stayed there 3 times and really liked it, but I would not do the all-inclusive. The drinks there are okay, but the food is not that good. And there are too many great and inexpensive restaurants within walking distance. Only one time did I consider the A/I and that was because it was only $100 ...
by pvdeb
Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:56 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: What's there to do near San Pancho? Suggestions?
Replies: 5
Views: 1871

Re:What's there to do near San Pancho? Suggesti

We drove up through San Pancho on a day trip from PV last summer and it was just a tiny, quiet little village. We'd heard the beach was nice so we tried to find it and only found one dead-end street where we could see the beach between the buildings. There were some young locals sitting there starin...
by pvdeb
Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:59 pm
Topic: Splash Tile!!
Replies: 3
Views: 1943

Re:Splash Tile!!

I've never heard of this or seen it in PV. I never saw it in Cancun, but maybe it was a specific artist that was doing it? There is a wonderful Talavera tile store in PV though, called Mundo de Azulejos (World of Tiles) at Carranza 374 on the southside. They have beautiful tile pictures that are ind...
by pvdeb
Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:36 am
Topic: Taxi rates: per person or per car?
Replies: 4
Views: 1815

Re:Taxi rates: per person or per car?

It is correct that it's best to get your ticket from the taxi booth inside the terminal. There will be a lot of timeshare people hanging around offering free or discounted rides, but they obligate you to attend a timeshare presentation. Be aware that the taxis in PV are of the Nissan Sentra size, so...
by pvdeb
Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:40 pm
Topic: All Day/Half Day Cruises
Replies: 2
Views: 1592

Re:All Day/Half Day Cruises

I would recommend their day trip to Las Caletas. It includes a continental breakfast, a snorkelling stop at Los Arcos then on to the beautiful secluded beach of Las Caletas. You can relax, snorkel, kayak, swim, hike the beautiful nature trails or get a massage (extra $$). A good Mexican buffet lunch...
by pvdeb
Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:25 pm
Topic: Weather in September
Views: 1338

Re:Weather in September

Yes, it's still very hot and humid and still being in the rainy season, will probably have a couple of hours rain early evening and sometimes going through the night. Some say the rain makes it cooler. It's in the "shoulder" season tourist-wise, so not as many kids and families as in the summer, and...
by pvdeb
Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:17 pm
Topic: PV Screensaver
Views: 2122

Re:PV Screensaver

On most photos on the net, I just right click and it gives me an option to set to desktop which puts it on my screen. I change mine all the time with various PV photos.
by pvdeb
Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:13 pm
Topic: pv Adventures
Views: 2120

Re:pv Adventures

I forgot, for the OP, you don't really "take a tour" to Vallarta Adventures where then you can do the dolphin encounter. If you purchase the "dolphin encounter", they will tell you where to come and what time. Their facilities are right there and you will not be travelling back and forth somewhere, ...
by pvdeb
Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:10 pm
Topic: pv Adventures
Views: 2120

Re:pv Adventures

Vallarta Adventures: I've been on their Las Caletas day trip and the Sierra Madre Expedition. VA is a very good and reputable tour company. Their staff are very entertaining and make whatever tour you're on much more fun. Las Caletas is a great getaway to a secluded beach where you can just relax, k...
by pvdeb
Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:36 pm
Topic: dinner cruise
Replies: 11
Views: 4063

Re:dinner cruise

Seems he/she are also "iowadude", "hungry" and "OMG" (whose honey is Miguel) on other threads. Wonder if Miguel and Bruce know about each other? I think his menage a trois is going to be a "menage a muchos".
by pvdeb
Tue May 27, 2003 6:44 pm
Topic: wedding in Puerto Vallarta
Views: 2846

Re:wedding in Puerto Vallarta

sml, if you are not familiar with the requirements for a legal marriage in Mexico, do a search under "getting married in Mexico" and there are several websites that detail what you have to do. A wedding ceremony in itself does not make the marriage legal. There must be a civil ceremony at the govern...
by pvdeb
Mon May 26, 2003 10:56 pm
Topic: Beach clubs/water tramps
Views: 2563

Re:Beach clubs/water tramps

I have not been to the Villa Vera; I have only heard of it. For the most part, I think if your in a beachfront hotel, especially an A/I one, there will be an activities staff that offer many things to do both at their pool area and on the beach. Some will have motorized water equipment for rent and ...
by pvdeb
Mon May 26, 2003 5:49 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: good lobster in pv
Replies: 4
Views: 2018

Re:good lobster in pv

PV is not known for its lobster. It is a different kind than the large Maine lobster that we usually see in the US IMHO. They're smaller, with not as much meat. The only lobster I've ever had was at El Dorado beach restaurant on El Anclote, at the tip of Punta Mita. It was good, but not as good as t...
by pvdeb
Mon May 26, 2003 5:43 pm
Topic: Beach clubs/water tramps
Views: 2563

Re:Beach clubs/water tramps

Wig, I know that this question was answered to you on another board regarding water tramps being more popular in the calmer Caribbean, and the only beach club I've heard of is Villa Vera on the north side of the bay. I believe that the beach clubs are more prevalent in Cozumel due to most of the hot...
by pvdeb
Fri May 16, 2003 1:57 am
Topic: Playa Los Arcos/Fiesta Americana
Views: 2394

Re:Playa Los Arcos/Fiesta Americana

Having stayed at the PLA several times, I will say that the main thing is that your reservation is for a Superior room. Most of the standard rooms are facing the street on the east side and the alley on the north. My favorite rooms are on the first level of the south wing, facing Los Muertos beach a...
by pvdeb
Fri May 09, 2003 4:05 am
Topic: Playa Los Arcos
Views: 1197

Re:Playa Los Arcos

I've stayed there 3 times, last in Oct. 2001. I really like the hotel. It's in a prime location to walk all over the southside, full of restaurants, bars and shops, and to El Centro for more of the same. Be sure you're booked for a Superior room and see if you can get into Playa #1,2 or 3, on the fi...
by pvdeb
Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:42 am
Topic: Taxi hours
Views: 1416

Re:Taxi hours

You will have no problem. There are taxis EVERYWHERE 24 hrs. a day. And they hang out outside all the clubs to take latenight patrons home.
by pvdeb
Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:45 am
Topic: Huichol Indian tour-adventure
Views: 2929

Re:Huichol Indian tour-adventure

Sorry, didn't see your post till today. This trip is through Harris Tours. At the time, I was on a package deal staying at Playa Los Arcos and my package included a local tour rep who came to the hotel every day. I booked the tour through him, but I'm sure you could book through your hotel, or call ...