Search found 321 matches

by teduardo
Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:14 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Beach Bars???
Replies: 8
Views: 3870

They raised the taxi rates around the end of summer, and as of late October from the south side to the marina is 80 pesos.
by teduardo
Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:07 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: La Casa Iguana Hotel, Mismaloya
Replies: 2
Views: 1772

I have walked by it after having lunch in Mismaloya village, it looks pretty basic, but clean and well kept. The place is a bit to isolated for my taste, it is about a five minute walk to the highway, where you can cross to get to the beach or catch the bus. Aside from a few restaurants, I cannot se...
by teduardo
Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:58 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Tipping advice
Replies: 18
Views: 19579

If you make a purchase at a market, the kids bagging are there after school are not paid, they are working for tips only, so give them a couple of pesos.

I usually tip more than that, as I have them carry most of our stuff out to the taxi.
by teduardo
Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:52 pm
Topic: Mismaloya-Zona Romantica
Views: 1995

It is a 20 to 25 minute drive from Mismaloya to PV, so you will need to take the bus or a taxi. You would not want to try walking highway 200, no sidewalks and most without even a shoulder to walk on.
by teduardo
Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:31 pm
Topic: Looking for a fun bar!
Replies: 5
Views: 2409

The waiters at CyC are great and can do it, we have had many nights there with 25 to 35, and had a party of 41 there one night last October. They were grabbing tables off the beach to accommodate us, but they got us all seated. We only used up the south end of the bar, there were still other folks a...
by teduardo
Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:51 pm
Topic: Mariscos Filo
Replies: 3
Views: 2375

Probably not the same place, Mariscos Polo is not on the 'second floor', it is on the first floor located at F. Madero #376

El Brujo on Carranza at Naranjo, has a good shrimp dish prepared in foil, forget what they call it though.

Both of these restaurants serve very good for seafood.
by teduardo
Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:38 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: Beach Clubs on Los Muertos
Replies: 6
Views: 4281

Burros Bar directly in front of Plaza Mar has buckets of 3 for 35 pesos all day. Several good places on Playa Los Muertos to eat and drink. épcoa (just north of Plaza Mar), Cuates y Cuetes by the pier, Langostinos, Lazy Lizard, Findencio's, La Palapa, El Dorado. I will rely on Jenny who usually stay...
by teduardo
Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:47 pm
Topic: SUNSET
Views: 2200

Sun and tide tables for PV

http://www.irbs.com/tides/locations/4605.html

have fun
by teduardo
Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:47 pm
Topic: Lobster?
Replies: 13
Views: 7064

Roberto's - Basilio Badillo #283

It Is good, but a little pricey for seafood IMO.

Try Mariscos Polo - F. Madero #376 Great shrimp and other mariscos.
by teduardo
Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:08 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Pemex
Replies: 3
Views: 2590

There are more than onel Pemex stations in PV, but I am guessing you are talking about the one up on route 200 next door to the canopy tour office. If so, yes it can be walked from the Trop, about 20 to 30 minutes depending on how fast you walk or wheather you stop to see the sights (which there are...
by teduardo
Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:09 pm
Topic: Places "not" to dine/visit?
Replies: 11
Views: 7139

Las Palomas has had an OPC for a long time, there was one there our first trip back in 1987.

We do not eat there anymore, as the food has gone down hill, but we will stop in for a drink and just blow off the shark.
by teduardo
Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:05 pm
Topic: Hepatitis
Replies: 19
Views: 11805

"eat only in the resort unless its prepackaged foods"

May I ask why you feel the resort is safer than eating at a restaurant?

Food sitting in steam trays and under heat lamps sound scarier to me.
by teduardo
Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:15 pm
Topic: Hepatitis
Replies: 19
Views: 11805

Well your doctor must think you have some pretty darn quick fingers if she thinks you can remove the ice from a drink before it melts in the PV heat. LOL As far as fruits and veggies, I used to be more cautious when in Mexico until I figured out that probably 70% of what we eat here at home is impor...
by teduardo
Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:20 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Sheraton Time Share Salesman
Views: 4795

Ah yes, it was at the Sheraton where I too met my first time share shark, she was the pleasant one offering us a free breakfast. Once we realized what the breakfast was all about, we stormed out and went straight to the manager. He said he understood we were upset, but he could do nothing except rel...
by teduardo
Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:39 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: just back
Replies: 8
Views: 2920

Re: Ocean swimming

kcowan wrote:Foam comes from body and suntan oil, same as in a jacuzzi.
Really? I had always heard it was a naturally occurring phenomenon of Bahia de Banderas.
by teduardo
Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:05 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Credit Cards?
Views: 3349

A lot of places have stopped accepting CCs because the banks down there are charging them something like 6% to process the transaction, and they cannot afford to unless they up the prices. I have found pesos are accepted everywhere :), and that is all I use in Mexico. I get a bunch at the airport ba...
by teduardo
Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:24 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Inexpensive Fishing
Replies: 34
Views: 18022

BJohnson, I am by no means an expert, but I have hired two of different pangas in Vallarta for the day. ¿Drift boat? What the hey are you talking about? 1) Both were licensed. 2) Both skippers spoke excellent English. 3) Both had shade. 4) Both had more than adequate fishing and snorkeling gear. 5) ...
by teduardo
Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:54 pm
Topic: spring break?
Replies: 11
Views: 9039

It is not the traditional college 'spring breakers' you need to worry about. Easter is April 16th in 2006. Semana Santa (the week before) and Semana Pasqua (the week after) Easter from what I have heard and seen pictures of, are close to if not the busiest most crowded weeks of the year in Vallarta....
by teduardo
Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:56 am
Topic: On line Vs. a Agent
Views: 3476

I have booked PV airfare through cheap tickets and expedia, and one advantage is both emailed me when there was a flight time had change. When I booked directly through the airline, the only way I found out about a change was to go to their site and check myself. titustitans, looking at your ticker ...
by teduardo
Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:28 pm
Topic: HUMMMER!?
Replies: 5
Views: 3000

We actually saw a Hummer parked on the south side a few weeks ago.

Commented to my wife that I bet it doesn't get driven too often, as finding another parking space for that beast probably takes more than a couple of spins around the block. LOL