Search found 321 matches

by teduardo
Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:40 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: ATM Exchange Rates
Replies: 9
Views: 6755

glacierroasters wrote:I was told that many of the transaction fee's are the same regardless if it is 300 or 3000 peso's.
That's how it is with my bank, they charge $5 for an international transaction, so I always withdraw the max amount the machine will give.
by teduardo
Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:31 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Best breakfast joint?
Replies: 38
Views: 22064

We too frequent Howard's fine suggestions. For breakfast/lunch we also like Langostinos by Los Muertos pier, ham bacon or sausage with eggs for 50 pesos, omelets 48 pesos, my wife likes the ceviche tostadas 36 pesos. If the line is long at Fredy's, head a couple blocks east on Basilio Badillo to Las...
by teduardo
Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:32 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Looking for condo early feb 2008
Replies: 6
Views: 3126

Glad you found a place, you'll love the area you are staying.

Boy 2 days sure beats our 95.
by teduardo
Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:09 pm
Topic: Looking for condo early feb 2008
Views: 3126

This is pretty late to find a condo for February, I checked the availability for seven units that I am familiar with, and they are all booked solid for the month. Many condo owners spend the winter months there, the others are usually rented way in advance by snowbirds. Best of luck with your search.
by teduardo
Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:55 pm
Topic: Buying Corona by the flat?
Replies: 11
Views: 6421

There is not a Corona factory in PV, the closest one is in Guadalajara.

I believe there is still a Corona warehouse on the highway to the airport, I seriously doubt they deliver.

Be sure to keep your receipt to get your deposit back.
by teduardo
Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:26 pm
Topic: No Name Restaurant
Replies: 3
Views: 2849

I wonder if the new owners have adjusted the prices into reality. We stopped in there four or five years ago, my wife and I each had two Smirnoff and soda, the bill was 260 pesos. Never went back, $6.50 per drink is way too expensive, even on the Malecón.
by teduardo
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:38 pm
Topic: Tipping, Tipping, Tipping
Replies: 49
Views: 96891

Re: Tipping Airport Porters

cdnevilwoman wrote:What would be a good or average tip for the porters at the PV airport?
I believe the norm is 10 pesos per bag, I give the porter 50 pesos for our three large bags, and have always gotten a big grin and a hearty gracias.
by teduardo
Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:37 pm
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Airport Timeshare Sharks
Replies: 47
Views: 41207

We always get a porter. On 10/20 we made it all the way to the exit of the second tank before anyone tried to talk to us, we just kept following the porter and were in a taxi and on our way in no time. A bit off topic, but what was really cool at LAX I got a skycap outside of the Delta terminal, onc...
by teduardo
Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:09 pm
Topic: Bruce’s Back Alley - Revisited
Replies: 18
Views: 10487

We ate there and met Jason a couple of weeks ago, it was just like when Bruce was there, excellent. I am sorry to say that due to circumstances we did not make it back a second time this trip, but will return in May. If you go, please tell Alex the waiter Ted and Gail send a warm hello, he is one of...
by teduardo
Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:36 pm
Topic: Los Arcos Vallarta Sold? Now the Casa Dona Susana per link
Replies: 19
Views: 7725

While having breakfast on Olas Altas, we witnessed the seemingly endless parade of pillowtop mattresses being delivered to the Los Arcos properties.

And seeing the condition of the ones being replaced, this was a way overdue upgrade.
by teduardo
Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:29 pm
Topic: Fajita Republic
Replies: 9
Views: 5836

Re: Fajita Republic

MikeGinTC wrote:Last year we went to a place in the Marina called Fajita Republic
There's a Fajita Republic in the Marina?

Only know of the one on Basilio Badillo and the one out in NV.
by teduardo
Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:00 pm
Topic: Restaurant locations?
Replies: 19
Views: 9914

Re: Nah

Jennybean wrote:Andale actually has very decent food. One of the best breakfast joints in the area for sure.
Breakfast out on the sidewalk at Andale is one of our favorite south side people watching spots.
by teduardo
Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:19 pm
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Moving to PV
Views: 5570

by teduardo
Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:59 pm
Topic: Tropicana Hotel
Replies: 13
Views: 6100

My wife who spends a lot of time with the hair dryer at home doesn't' bring it to Vallarta, she finds the warm winds dry it just fine.

And no Wills, I am not talking about the hot winds you and Howard generate. LOL
by teduardo
Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:21 pm
Topic: weather oct
Replies: 7
Views: 3898

Kat is correct, I learned not to pay any attention to the online weather (except for maybe the current temperature they get from the airport) for Vallarta years ago. We have been going in Oct for several years now, and I don't ever remember a cloudy day. We got a little over an inch of rain the morn...
by teduardo
Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:34 pm
Topic: #1 (Top things to do in Puerto Vallarta)
Replies: 72
Views: 74370

Re: #47

In the past we'd always take a stroll by the Molino de Agua, but as you may know that's no longer possible... anyone know a similar place one can visit, you know, a lush cool humid place in town, where you can sit down and enjoy some PEACE :-) About 15 minutes from the south side down hwy 200 on th...
by teduardo
Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Topic: converting money
Replies: 33
Views: 16678

Cheryl wrote:Can I just use my usual Bank Debit Card for exchange.
As long as you have a four digit PIN you can use it to withdraw pesos from the many ATMs.
by teduardo
Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:03 pm
Topic: Byebye Bogart's?
Replies: 14
Views: 8778

The person that announced the closing on TA owns a condo at the NH Krystal, so I assume the info is accurate.
by teduardo
Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:17 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: No More Months!
Replies: 25
Views: 8355

Thank goodness Howard doesn't drink Smirnoff, it will be all mine 8)
by teduardo
Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Topic: PLOMAR 'GONZALEZ ~ BARCHELONA TAPAS
Replies: 5
Views: 3473

Sorry to disagree Jen, but I think the rack of lamb at River Cafe is the best I've ever had. It was even superior to the one I had at Trio. I'm guessing your beef was with their beef, as I know you're a snob when it comes to steaks :) Which is why I think we agree if we want a steak in Vallarta, Mac...