Search found 321 matches

by teduardo
Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:08 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: current weather
Replies: 2
Views: 1344

Re:current weather

I have yet to see an accurate forecast on the web for Vallarta. This time of year my guess is around 83-89º high and 70º low. At least that is what have experienced on our trips down in early May. We were there for Kenna, here are some pics from our balcony. http://community.webshots.com/album/50571...
by teduardo
Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:33 pm
Topic: Ordering pesos online?
Replies: 16
Views: 5098

Re:Ordering pesos online?

"So, keep your pesos for your next trip to Vallarta!" Still have $1,500 pesos from last trip, will get more at the airport when we arrive as usual, then use ATMs as we need more. "This can amount to sometimes over $3.00US per transaction. Doesn't seem advantageous , only convenient." My bank charges...
by teduardo
Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:07 pm
Topic: Making calls to home from PV
Replies: 18
Views: 5202

Re:Making calls to home from PV

Check to see if your cell phone service provides roaming in Mexico, I know Cingular does.
by teduardo
Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:27 pm
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Leave your attitude at home
Replies: 44
Views: 37980

Re:Leave your attitude at home

"more and more some merchants particularly in the Mercado are going out of their way to rip people off"

That is a pretty generalized statement, would you mind elaborating on just how these merchants are trying to rip people off?
by teduardo
Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:09 am
Topic: Ordering pesos online?
Views: 5098

Re:Ordering pesos online?

Have not used the site, but looks like a bad deal to me. The site offered to sell me $9,800 pesos for my $1,000 USD, and exchanging in Vallarta I would get around $11,000 pesos. $120 USD difference to use their service, NOT!!! You can get a great exchange rate at the airport in PV, then use ATMs whe...
by teduardo
Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:05 pm
Topic: Leave your attitude at home
Replies: 44
Views: 37980

Re:Leave your attitude at home

"He has significant muscular coordination problems and works for tips for helping people cross the busy streets." We have seen him many times, and I am embarrassed to say it never dawned on me he worked for tips. I will be making up for that error in my judgment in a few weeks, as he does perform an...
by teduardo
Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:13 pm
Topic: planning a trip to PV
Replies: 7
Views: 2885

Re:planning a trip to PV

BTW, once you clear customs do not go straight forward or you will wind up amongst a very friendly group asking where you are from and where you are staying, but all they really want is for you to go to a time share presentation. Just pretend you don't see them, go a little to the left, and then for...
by teduardo
Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:03 pm
Topic: planning a trip to PV
Replies: 7
Views: 2885

Re:planning a trip to PV

Unless you are taking something very out of the ordinary (agricultural stuff, fish, over $10,000 USD cash), you do not declare anything going into Mexico. After you get your bags you will be directed to customs, keep the three of you together, they will have one of you will push a button which will ...
by teduardo
Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:00 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Tonys Resturaunt
Replies: 2
Views: 1614

Re:Tonys Resturaunt

Where is it located?
by teduardo
Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:44 pm
Topic: Newer Restaurants
Replies: 3
Views: 2058

Re:Newer Restaurants

Mi Cocina is already on my list of must try restaurants, I will check out the others also. Thanks
by teduardo
Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:41 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: How do you become a "Premium Member" ?
Replies: 11
Views: 10705

Re:How do you become a "Premium Member" ?

Chuck (Apr 04, 2004 09:58 p.m.):
I really don't have a life other than work, visiting this BB and going to PV 2-3 x year.
I'll drink to that.
by teduardo
Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:38 am
Topic: Brasil's THE BEST PLACE TO EAT. HANDS DOWN!
Replies: 38
Views: 15242

Re:Brasil's THE BEST PLACE TO EAT. HANDS DOWN!

Not being a professional reviewer I have never created my own list, I just know what I like. I would be happy to direct you to a few restaurant lists that I highly respect, but Mogens tends to censure posters if they post links. Feel free to email me if you would like them. So in no particular order...
by teduardo
Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:50 pm
Topic: Restaurants
Replies: 13
Views: 4376

Re:Restaurants

If the poster cannot afford La Palapa, they probably cannot afford Le Kliff either.

BTW Kliff is in Boca de Tomatlan, which is south of downtown Vallarta.
by teduardo
Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:09 pm
Topic: Cafe Frankfurt
Replies: 14
Views: 4593

Re:Cafe Frankfurt

The Frankfurt is always a must for us, Mike does a great job.

BTW Mike owns another restaurant, Langostinos just north of the pier, great seafood and steaks, same really nice bathrooms too.
by teduardo
Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Topic: Please tell me why this isn't true?
Replies: 8
Views: 3517

Re:Please tell me why this isn't true?

"hassled by merchants" "vendors asking if you will buy their junk"

It does not sound like most places in Mexico would be your cup of tea.

Too bad you did not take the time to relax and meet the people of Vallarta, they are the main ingredient that make it a wonderful place.
by teduardo
Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:34 pm
Topic: Places to have breakfast
Replies: 4
Views: 2074

Re:Places to have breakfast

Langostinos just north of the pier is one of our favorites for a beachside breakfast. River Cafe down the stairs of the west bridge serves a gourmet breakfast that is very reasonable. All the places Jenny mentioned are great for breakfast. You will not have any problem finding good food in Vallarta.
by teduardo
Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:24 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Taxi Fares
Replies: 13
Views: 13064

Re:Taxi Fares

Nikita (Mar 26, 2004 02:15 p.m.): When you pay for the taxi at the airport booth, can you use US dollars or should I exchange some $$ to pesos before I arrive in PV? As soon as you clear customs, there is a Bital bank on your left which has excellent exchange rates, far better than you will get at ...
by teduardo
Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:51 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Playa Del Sol Condo
Replies: 12
Views: 3373

Re:Playa Del Sol Condo

f you are at the Playa Del Sol on Los Muertos, you have in my opinion one of the best locations to be found. We have stayed in a condo on Los Muertos for the past few years and just love it, walking distance to hundreds of good restaurants, bars and shops. The south side of Vallarta is our favorite,...
by teduardo
Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:39 pm
Topic: Crossing the pedestrian bridge
Views: 17293

Re:Crossing the pedestrian bridge

"I had read that the airport taxi's charged 30 bucks" Not sure what hotel you were going to, but if the yellow taxi fare should have been $7.20, the Federal airport taxi would have been around $15-$18, so you got taken all the way around. $30 will take you a long ways even in an airport taxi, better...