Search found 321 matches

by teduardo
Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:46 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CROWN PARADISE
Replies: 7
Views: 2210

Re:QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CROWN PARADISE

Please do yourself a favor and go downtown for at least a couple of meals, Vallarta has some of the best restaurants to be found, and plenty of them are not Mexican food. Try the Frankfurt on Basilio Badillo for excellent German food, Espresso on IL Vallarta has the best pizza, across the street is ...
by teduardo
Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:15 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: customs
Replies: 7
Views: 2077

Re:customs

Here is the link for our friends to the north

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/rc4044/README.html
by teduardo
Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:44 pm
Topic: Montezuma's revenge
Replies: 18
Views: 7144

Re:Montezuma's revenge

Could someone please explain the purpose of throwing away your toothbrush?

And as Kat suggested, we take acidophilus a week before we go down and each day before we go out, have no problems.
by teduardo
Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:30 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Paying the taxi driver?
Replies: 10
Views: 10405

Re:Paying the taxi driver?

Jenny as usual hit everything right on the head, just make sure you get all the way over to the taxi window, and don't let one of the "friendly" guys before the window offer you a free ride to your hotel. You will most likely lose half a day of your vacation to a time share presentation, you will be...
by teduardo
Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:11 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Good tour for a two yr old
Replies: 14
Views: 4631

Re:Good tour for a two yr old

Most of the tours have a minimum age, of the ones that I remember the range is from 8 to 12 y/o. As much as I love Vallarta, I must echo the opinions already posted, I do not see a 2 y/o having much of a good time there.
by teduardo
Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:08 pm
Topic: Are banks open on Sunday? Hours?
Replies: 5
Views: 1909

Re:Are banks open on Sunday? Hours?

We arrived on a Sunday last October (in fact the last two October's), the Bittal Bank at the airport is closed, but the cambio next to it was open and had very good exchange rate, much better than anything I saw in town. When we run out of cash from the airport, just get more pesos from ATMs.
by teduardo
Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:15 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Spring Break/Holiday Inn??
Replies: 14
Views: 4718

Re:Spring Break/Holiday Inn??

Vallarta is not a major spring break destination like Cancun or Cabo. The busiest time during the spring are the weeks before and after Easter, when most of the tourists are nationals from Mexico City and Guadalajara. Mid March you should be fine.
by teduardo
Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:38 pm
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Souveniers
Replies: 16
Views: 15036

Re:Souveniers

On the south side, we always stop and see Roberto. He has a stand just south of Burros Bar in between the park and the beach. He has some interesting silver pieces, but if you are also buying inexpensive trinkets to take home, he has alpaca and will tell you which pieces are real or not. The other r...
by teduardo
Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:25 pm
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Timeshare Vendors Have Got To Go!!!
Replies: 76
Views: 55115

Yep

He means Yep, there are OPCs (time share sharks) as soon as you clear customs. Instead of walking straight ahead to get to the taxi window, you have to turn left and go around them. It is not really any big deal as long as you know about it ahead of time, and I always turn left anyway to get to the ...
by teduardo
Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:33 pm
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Problems posting "url links" on this board???
Views: 6664

Problems posting "url links" on this

My post with links was deleted also. I emailed Mogens, he said someone else is monitoring the board while he is on vacation, and they do not allow you to post links to competing web sites. You can be a homophobic USA bashing idiot, and your posts will stay, but don't give someone a link to a map tha...
by teduardo
Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:05 pm
Topic: General newbie questions
Replies: 16
Views: 4973

Re:General newbie questions

"Do you tip on a daily basis? Do you hand it directly to the maid or simply leave it in the room?" We tip daily. It is possible to have the same person clean your room for six days, and then someone else come in on day seven and pocket the whole tip. If we see her before we go out for the day I hand...
by teduardo
Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:55 pm
Topic: best place to get a tattoo
Replies: 26
Views: 27334

Re:best place to get a tattoo

I am still curious as the source of your "statistics".

BTW How's Lyle?
by teduardo
Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:08 am
Topic: EL TUITO
Replies: 4
Views: 2027

Re:EL TUITO

-www.vallarta-info.com/tuito.html There is a page on El Tuito at Vallarta-Info.com plus lots of other useful Vallarta must reads. We went there a couple of years ago, well worth the trip to see a nice smallish Mexican town. Be sure to visit the church, they were doing work on it when we were there, ...
by teduardo
Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:28 pm
Topic: best place to get a tattoo
Replies: 26
Views: 27334

Re:best place to get a tattoo

"Unfortunately, the statistics don't lie my friends."

And you get your statistics from where? Please document that statement.
by teduardo
Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:24 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: restaurant that has good seafood
Replies: 9
Views: 3203

Re:restaurant that has good seafood

Well, it has been said I like to eat and drink. To be honest, I have never tried pozole. My wife had it last trip, and I think we were at Las Margaritas on Basilio Badillo, although I don't know if it is a regular menu item or was special that night. Las Margaritas is another place worth trying, goo...
by teduardo
Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:29 pm
Topic: restaurant that has good seafood
Replies: 9
Views: 3203

Re:restaurant that has good seafood

The only thing I have ever had that resembled good lobster in Vallarta, are the lobster tacos at Daiquiri Dick's, they are tasty. Even at the River Cafe, one of my favorite restaurants anywhere, I got a mediocre half lobster. Except for the tacos at DD's, I have learned not to order it in Vallarta. ...
by teduardo
Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:43 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Travel Insurance
Replies: 4
Views: 9370

Re:Travel Insurance

For $65 USD (for the two of us) we got this coverage from Travel Guard, It is called their Pack 'N Go policy. The most important reason to get is to cover air evacuation, which would run at least $18,000 USD. www.travelguard.com BAGGAGE & TRAVEL DOCUMENTS $1,000.00 Per Insured BAGGAGE DELAY $200.00 ...
by teduardo
Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:30 am
Topic: The Best Margaritas ??
Views: 2256

Re:The Best Margaritas ??

On the south side where you are staying, Burros Bar is hard to beat. Dig your toes into the sand, people watch, bargain with vendors, hear Louis' silly jokes, and excellent margaritas. Oh yeah, say hi to Sammy for us too. It is located on Playa Los Muertos Beach at Lazaro Cardenas, two happy hours a...
by teduardo
Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:10 pm
Topic: Where to watch NHL hockey games????Help!
Replies: 21
Views: 7334

Re:Where to watch NHL hockey games????Help!

I have found on average it takes around a week (sometimes longer) to get a response from most business' in MX, be patient, the pace down there does not compare to USA or CA.
by teduardo
Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:49 pm
Topic: Where to watch NHL hockey games????Help!
Replies: 21
Views: 7334

Attitude

"there s los of attitude at steve's bar remember"

Maybe you know something I don't as you live there, and we are only down four weeks a year. Steve and staff have always treated us very well, got along just fine with the mostly ex-pat clientele also.