Search found 321 matches

by teduardo
Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:00 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Where to watch NHL hockey games????Help!
Replies: 21
Views: 7235

No Name

It is on the Malecon, and keeping his hockey salary alive and well by charging $60 pesos for a Smirnoff. Personally I'll stick with El Torito or Steve's Club (or just about any other place in town) at $25-$30 pesos less per drink, not to mention less attitude.
by teduardo
Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:20 pm
Topic: Need to rent an oxygen Concentrator while in PV
Replies: 2
Views: 2228

Re:Need to rent an oxygen Concentrator while in PV

Send an email to [email protected] Pam works in the medical field in Vallarta, is always very helpful and should be able to point you in the right direction.

She has also written a great first timers guide full of helpful information including restaurant coupons you should ask for.
by teduardo
Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:10 pm
Topic: Beer/cocktails
Replies: 12
Views: 3970

Beer/cocktails in the marina

Afraid I do not know the marina area except for taking a taxi there and boarding a boat or going to the Velas when our friend holds his annual pool party. I am sure someone who stays up in that area will post some good spots. Do try to get to downtown and south of downtown over the Rio Cuale, that i...
by teduardo
Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:12 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Brasil's THE BEST PLACE TO EAT. HANDS DOWN!
Replies: 38
Views: 15019

Re:Brasil's THE BEST PLACE TO EAT. HANDS DOWN!

To each their own taste, but not even in my top 30 of Vallarta restaurants.
by teduardo
Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:05 pm
Topic: sunset
Views: 1642

Re:sunset

Sunset today is at 6:40, will be a few minutes later when you get there. Never as early as 5:30 that far south, according to the charts, the earliest sunset will be is 6:18 in late November.
by teduardo
Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:44 am
Topic: Where to watch NHL hockey games????Help!
Replies: 21
Views: 7235

Re:Where to watch NHL hockey games????Help!

Steve's Club Sports Bar on Basilio Badillo. Steve is huge on NASCAR, but being he is Canadian it's a good bet he has the games on. El Torito down the street on Vallarta has international satellite too.
by teduardo
Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:16 am

South Side Beach Bars

Ok lets get you started with some of the south side beach bars, starting at Los Muertos pier working north. Cuates y Cuetes (known by many as CyC) just north of the pier, popular place for sunset, I think happy hour is 5 to 7 this time of year, two for one drinks and buckets of beer. Next door to th...
by teduardo
Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:54 pm

Re:Beer/cocktails

There are LOT of places serving beer & cocktails. What part of town you are staying in and where you want to hang out would be helpful to point you in the right direction. Does not make sense to tell you all about the south side establishments if you are staying out in Nuevo.
by teduardo
Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:51 pm
Topic: Spring Break
Replies: 4
Views: 1962

Re:Spring Break

Vallarta is not a major "spring break" destination for the college crowd like Cabo or Cancun. But, the week before and after Easter is VERY crowded with nationals from Mexico City and Guadalajara, this is when they vacation at the beach.
by teduardo
Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:58 am
Topic: Airport currency exchange hours of operation
Replies: 7
Views: 2334

Re:Airport currency exchange hours of operation

Consensuses I have read is the bank closes at either 2pm or 4pm on Saturdays (I am guessing it is 4pm, but don't hold me to it). The cambio next to the bank will be open later than that, which is where I got an excellent rate a couple of months ago. And there is an ATM at the airport.
by teduardo
Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:35 am
Topic: Topless Sunbathing
Replies: 37
Views: 14178

Re:Topless Sunbathing

Topless is illegal on Vallarta beaches, and considered offensive by many of the locals. Not saying that nobody does it, but it is definitely not the norm.
by teduardo
Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:06 pm
Topic: Airport currency exchange hours of operation
Replies: 7
Views: 2334

Pesos Rule

I have to disagree. First, the best exchange rates are at the airport. In October I got 11.55 to USD, while in town was around 11.05 to 11.10. Using your ATM card will also get yuo a good rate. The market rate as of this afternoon is 10.8941, so I doubt anyone will give 11.25. Second, the currency i...
by teduardo
Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:58 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Use of pools
Replies: 3
Views: 1436

Re:Use of pools

Hotel Molino de Agua which is just south of the Rio Cuale, I believe will let you use their pool and grounds as long as you are eating and drinking there. 180, a restaurant/bar located at 180 Basilio Badillo, has a nice pool and is a great place to hang for an afternoon.
by teduardo
Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:28 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Taxis......
Views: 5702

Re:Taxis......

At the airport you should pay at the taxi window where they will give you a receipt to give to the driver. Also, if you are not traveling with a large party, ask for a single cab and not a van, as the vans load up with as many customers as they can and stop at several hotels.
by teduardo
Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:42 pm
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Mexican Whiskey
Views: 5964

Re:Mexican Whiskey

The only national brown liquor I have seen in Mexico is Presidente brandy. Whiskey is imported, thus is premium priced. Best to take your own from the duty free store. We deliver a scotch that is not available in Vallarta to Cabrón, who could elaborate more on what is available.
by teduardo
Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:29 pm
Topic: Key Lime Pie
Views: 2194

Re:Key Lime Pie

[Probably at 'Pie in the Sky' on the corner of I. Vallarta and F. Madero.
They do have key lime pie, which was good, but we thought the lime cheesecake was better
by teduardo
Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:25 pm
Topic: SHRIMP!
Replies: 5
Views: 2165

Re:SHRIMP!

Pacifica Grill on Basilo Badillo has very good shrimp. It too is a little pricey ($17-$18USD), but it is all you can eat. Don't fill up on the shrimp bisque, salad and garlic bread they bring first (but eat some, the salad and bisque are excellent). The main course is steamed, fried and coconut shri...
by teduardo
Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:54 pm
Topic: Electricity Plug Questions...
Replies: 9
Views: 3459

Re:Electricity Plug Questions...

Also, if what ever you are taking down has a polarized plug (one prong is wider than the other), older outlets in Mexico will not work, as the wide prong will not go in. I take a couple of the three to two prong adapters that Deb mentioned, with the polarized side filed down. The extension cord is g...
by teduardo
Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:30 pm
Topic: Restaurants
Replies: 3
Views: 1893

Re:Restaurants

River Cafe and Trio are our favorites for a romantic occasion. A fine meal, cocktails, a couple of flaming coffees with tip, usually runs right around $100USD for two. The past few trips, we seem to lean more towards River Cafe. Could be the atmosphere of being outdoors, or because we like to feed t...
by teduardo
Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:36 pm
Topic: TS hucksters and venders almost ruined my vacation
Replies: 9
Views: 4181

Re:TS hucksters and venders almost ruined my vacat

I try not to be disrespectful to the sharks, but sometimes I get bored just saying "no gracias", and have a little fun with them. When asked if you want a free or discounted tour, reply "My good man, I am far too busy this week going to time share presentations to go on any bloody tours". This usual...