Search found 321 matches

by teduardo
Mon May 07, 2007 5:10 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Authentic, Unique, Casual dining
Replies: 14
Views: 8730

ellen wrote:next door to the sandal maker.
Got it, thanks!

I must have been too busy walking past the OPC that is over there, and missed Tacos Mucino, I won't miss it this trip.

Geeze, we get a taxi from the sitio right there at least once a day, I need to open my eyes :roll:
by teduardo
Fri May 04, 2007 4:07 pm
Topic: Authentic, Unique, Casual dining
Replies: 14
Views: 8730

I am very familiar with this part of town, but somehow have never noticed Tacos Mucino, and am having a hard time picturing where it is on Aquiles Serdan. Can you tell me what is close by?
by teduardo
Wed May 02, 2007 2:51 am
Topic: On the beach like "Office" in Cabo
Replies: 9
Views: 6072

Playa Los Muertos has many choices for food and beverage, not to mention great people watching. Some of the restaurant/bar choices are: Epoca, Burros Bar, Pau Pau (formally Oasis), Langostinos, Cuates y Cuetes, Lazy Lizard, El Dorado, La Palapa, Fidencios, Blue Chairs, Ritmos Beach Club aka Green Ch...
by teduardo
Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:24 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Vacation Condo Rental
Replies: 10
Views: 5800

Vista Del Sol, Plaza Mar and La Palapa are other south side condos. We have been renting a condo in that area for several years now, close walking distance to restaurants, bars and shopping. Downtown and the Malecón (boardwalk along the beach) are a short walk north over the pedestrian bridge.
by teduardo
Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:18 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Anyone seen Mismaloya Beach in front of La Jolla RECENTELY?
Replies: 13
Views: 8443

Erosion events must be more common than most of us know about. The beach outside the condo we stay at had a couple of cement steps from the walkway down to the sand, the storm surge from Kenna lowered the beach by at least 8 feet. But guess what, those two steps turned out to be twelve steps buried ...
by teduardo
Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:40 pm
Topic: Anyone seen Mismaloya Beach in front of La Jolla RECENTELY?
Replies: 13
Views: 8443

The drop-off/erosion event of Mismaloya beach happened in 2001, the storm surge from hurricane Kenna came into the bay 10/25/2002, the events are not related. The hurricane actually hit shore in San Blas. Here are some pics of what the storm surge looked like from the condo on Playa Los Muertos. htt...
by teduardo
Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:35 pm
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: personal shooping service
Replies: 2
Views: 3301

Paradise Bakery offers a shopping service.

I am putting together a list for them, so we don't have to hit the market on day one.

I hear their cinnamon buns are to die for.

http://vallartacatering.com/index.html
by teduardo
Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:18 pm
Topic: Your own sightseeing?
Replies: 18
Views: 13554

Los Caletas is exclusive to Vallarta Adventures. Not sure if they can stop you from landing there, but you'll not be offered any food, drink, or use of any of facilities.
by teduardo
Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:53 pm
Topic: Which One?
Replies: 21
Views: 14710

About to have our 9th stay at Vista Del Sol, and for some reason we have never dinned at Epoca (or whatever it was called before it was Epoca). I would imagine it is doing better since the Malecon extension.

We will give it another look next month.
by teduardo
Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:03 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: Sports Bar in PV
Replies: 7
Views: 10238

Bars with multiple satellites. Cafe Roma - Encino #287 - Thin crust pizza - Big screen TV - Just north of the river El Torito - I.L. Vallarta #290 - Many TVs - Great ribs & Chicken La Escondida - Jacarandas #210 - Fun neighborhood sports bar Steve's Sports Bar - Basilio Badillo #286 - The place for ...
by teduardo
Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:23 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Mid 20's couple coming to PV this May - Any Advice?
Replies: 5
Views: 4318

The rooftop bar sounds like El Nido on top of Chez Elena - Matamoros #520

We have been going in mid May for several years, and I believe all the spring breaks are over with by then
by teduardo
Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:28 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Boat hit whale
Replies: 80
Views: 54515

I seriously doubt there will ever be any kind of public statement from this company. Thank goodness there were reputable operators close enough by to see and report this sad incident. There are a posters on T/A, that were on Geronimo recently who complained to the crew about how close they were gett...
by teduardo
Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:19 pm
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Boat hit whale
Replies: 80
Views: 54515

I was watching the Princesa Yelapa one day from a Playa Los Muertos condo balcony, when they spotted a pod of dolphins, they made a hard right directly into and cut off the pod just to get a closer look. Sure we all want to see the sea life up close, but I was horrified to see such disregard for the...
by teduardo
Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:25 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: How early do I need to arrive at the airport?
Replies: 4
Views: 3820

You should check with you airline, some have worse lineups than others. I have had friends arrive at PVR the same time as us, departing about the same as us, but flying on another airline. We were checked in in 20 minutes, leaving us an 1 1/2 hour wait, our friends were in line the whole time and ne...
by teduardo
Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:47 pm
Topic: whale watching
Replies: 9
Views: 5278

Make sure to book your tour for March 15th or before, as that is the last day of whale season, and boats will not be allowed to approach them after that.
by teduardo
Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:12 pm
Topic: Mariachi tipping?
Replies: 19
Views: 8240

The musicians that stroll around Playa Los Muertos and Basilio Badillo charge $50 pesos per song.

Mariachi Loco - L. Cardenas #254, is a club where mariachis play. They don't get started until 9 or 10 at night, some nights there are world class bands, some nights so-so, but give it a try it's fun.
by teduardo
Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:26 pm
Topic: Super Bowl
Replies: 4
Views: 2236

Cafe Roma - Encino #287 - Just north of the river - Big screen TV, Thin crust pizza, 10 peso beer El Torrto - I.L. Vallarta #290 - try the ribs La Escondida - Jacarandas #210 Steve's Sports Bar - Basilio Badillo #286 Que?Pasa - Aquiles Serdan #625 No Name on the Malecón. Got charged way to much for ...
by teduardo
Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:37 pm
Topic: Small Bills at ATMs in PV
Replies: 17
Views: 6304

Re: Tres

Jennybean wrote:I'm now trying to figure out a way to sneak in a third trip maybe over Christmas.
And here I almost had my violin completely restrung all for nothing.
by teduardo
Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:45 pm

We will be in a condo on the south side for 9 nights. Can usually be found around sunset at Cuates y Cuetes or sometimes the Burro Bar. Will be glad to buy you a frosty beverage.
by teduardo
Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:42 pm

When I need some smaller denominations, I take $50 or $100 to a cambio and ask for billets chicos, they will usually give you 20 and 50 peso notes.

mexibeach, according to your ticker, looks like we arrive the day before you.