Search found 321 matches

by teduardo
Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:06 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Dolphin Day Camp
Replies: 18
Views: 8216

Captive dolphins are just dying to provide YOU with supposed therapy - so go for IT.

To quote a poster from another board regarding this subject "Not beating your wife is a personal decision too".
by teduardo
Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:56 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Cafe Roma
Replies: 5
Views: 4279

Plus4 wrote:Is the pizza good??
I've heard nothing but praise for Cafe Roma's thin crust pizza, which thin crust is the way we like it best.

Larry (aka Fox) does much fund raising for the Refugio, he has for years.

I'll post a review after we try it next week.
by teduardo
Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:40 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related
Topic: Never been to Andeles! Can you Believe it!?
Replies: 49
Views: 28993

rosie wrote:ooooookaaaaaaaay....have heard the Alice song, but pussy song??? dare I ask??
It is a little number performed by Ida Slapter. If you haven't seen Ida's show, do yourself a favor, she is a scream.
by teduardo
Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:25 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Update on Dan
Replies: 21
Views: 7586

This is the first time I have seen this thread, and I don't think I know who Dan is, but I have not forgotten that it was not long ago the great folks here were sending thoughts and prayers my way. So let me send Gail and my thoughts and prayers to Dan and his family. I certainly remember the streng...
by teduardo
Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:00 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: DELETED
Views: 7235

Just thought I'd stop by and gloat with a ticker too :lol:
by teduardo
Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:07 pm

winterpegman wrote:"Grab a Granny Night" comes around often without anyone even knowing it's upon them until it's too late... :lol: :shock:
LOLROFLMAOPIMP Wpeg, you have been there once or twice eh?
by teduardo
Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:58 pm

And where the heck else can you ride a burro through the bar? http://home.earthlink.net/~tchubbuck/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/burro1.jpg Very good breakfast (even better bloody mary's), and sitting on the sidewalk on Olas Altas people watching in the morning, is not a bad way to start th...
by teduardo
Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:52 pm
Topic: Dress code for restaurants
Replies: 20
Views: 11054

PV has plenty of upscale restaurants that will not be full of kids. That does not mean there will not b a couple of tables with children, but it definitely be like going to your local neighborhood pizza parlor. All the previous mentioned are excellent. Also check out Trio and La Palapa for your anni...
by teduardo
Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:11 pm
Topic: Bruce, New Restaurant
Replies: 7
Views: 4740

Teduardo y Gail will be there before you know it, Bruce, just look for the guy with a cane walking like the Aflac duck. But you and Julia had better hurry up, or we will be back home already when you open. LOL Looking forward to trying the bistro also, save one of those pork chops w/mushroom sauce f...
by teduardo
Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Booze @ the GCP
Replies: 22
Views: 9191

if a company that prides itself on customer service doesn't have "the time" to respond to a few inquiries I have never stayed at the GCP, but in their defense, I have found that Mexican businesses do not tend to make answering email quite as high a priority as many do north of the border. I have se...
by teduardo
Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:26 pm
Topic: Mongolian barbecue???
Replies: 3
Views: 2598

Pretty sure La Huerta is still open, I think they start the Sunday Mongolian BBQ with Mariachis in October. Take the Paso Ancho bus from the south side to the end of the line, it is a short walk from there to the restaurant. Call them at 222-0386 to make sure they're open. It is a fun way to spend a...
by teduardo
Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:42 pm
Topic: Day cruise...any info is appreciated
Replies: 7
Views: 4744

I with Jenny on this one, for a few bucks more there are much better tour operators. We stay on Playa Los Muertos, and watch all of the tour boats each morning, and would not get on the Sarape or any of those old tugs run by the Princesa Cruises, those things are even older than me and I've got Jen ...
by teduardo
Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:56 pm
Topic: BEST GIANT MARGARITA
Replies: 44
Views: 22089

I am by no means a margarita expert, but I know your toes in the sand at Burros with a giant marg for 35 pesos doesn't suck. 8)
by teduardo
Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:54 pm
Topic: Los Veranos Canopy Tour
Replies: 4
Views: 2858

The currency of Mexico is the peso not the US dollar. Most places will accept USD, but as Kat said, expect any change to be in pesos. For the most part, I only carry pesos in Mexico, if we have some left over tat is my airport taxi money for the next trip.
by teduardo
Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:11 pm
Topic: Favorite Sports Bars in PV
Views: 19796

Has the new owner of No Name made the cocktail prices more realistic? In 2002 we were charged $65 MXP for a Smirnoff there, and vowed to never return. For great ribs and satellite sports, El Torito on I. L. Vallarta gets my vote. And as already mentioned, La Escondida is a great place too, and since...
by teduardo
Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:01 pm
Topic: I want to ride the donkey!!
Replies: 70
Views: 48935

rosie wrote:Teduardo!!! good to "see" you amigo! will we see you in person in PV in Oct??
We will indeed be there Rosie, and are looking forward to seeing you again and meeting Murray. Our dates are on Jen's calendar.
by teduardo
Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:10 pm
Topic: I want to ride the donkey!!
Replies: 70
Views: 48935

rosie wrote:ohhhhhhhhh.....THAT donkey!! :D
Yes, THAT donkey!

by teduardo
Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:48 pm
Topic: Best Cheapest Shrimp where?
Views: 12329

We eat them, they are cooked over charcoal and basted with a yummy garlic sauce. That said, I get a little hesitant buying from the guys walking the beach, don't know if he has had a bad sales day and the shrimpies are getting a bit old. So just wander over to the stand where the cook 'em, and order...
by teduardo
Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:28 pm
Topic: Best Cheapest Shrimp where?
Views: 12329

Jen's cleanup crew here, with a couple more suggestions.

All you can eat at Pacifica Grill
La Tia Catrina
El Brujo

And new since we were last there is Joe Jack's Fish Shack on Basilio Badillo, which is getting very good reviews by the locals.