Search found 58 matches

by TNbear
Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:36 am
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: bad deal_be careful
Replies: 31
Views: 24742

Quite frankly, getting beaten when you are young and stupid can help you get older and wiser in a hurry, which is a good thing. Sounds like the kid probably needed a lesson in real life to me.
by TNbear
Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:19 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Cabs
Replies: 3
Views: 3658

Cabs

Cabs in PV are ubiquitous and inexpensive, however if you are a large sized person such as myself (6'2" 250+lbs) you better be flexible to get into most of them, don't expect much legroom in the backseat.
by TNbear
Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:15 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Alcohol
Replies: 29
Views: 16546

Well, if they make me keep my booze in my carryon I hope they don't expect me to buy much from the beverage cart. :P
by TNbear
Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:34 am
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Fish and Chips
Replies: 16
Views: 9341

Oh yeah, there are a couple of what call themselves Greek restaurants here, but I pass them by. However in Atlanta (a 2 hour drive) there is an absolute killer place named Kyma which has Greek food that will just knock your socks off. Wood grilled whole fish to die for and an atmosphere which never ...
by TNbear
Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:27 am

There are many Mexican/Latino people living in this area, and some of them operate excellent restaurants which I frequent. As for the need to eat seafood for health reasons, I ate seafood of various sorts for the vast majority of my meals in PV and never once had fish and chips. Nor were all these d...
by TNbear
Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:51 am

Sorry, but I just don't grasp the consept of travelling 2-3 thousand miles to a different country and having fish and chips. The same goes for ribeye or new york steak or BBQ or any other food I can have at 10 places in a 5 mile radius of my house.
by TNbear
Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:21 pm
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: New Hotel Rosita website
Views: 7319

Brought back great memories of our visit to PV in Feb. We didn't stay here but spent a lot of time at The Rosita as many of our friends stayed here. My main advice would be to stay away from the breakfast bar. It's right out in the open and birds land right on it and nibble on the fruit, etc. Howeve...
by TNbear
Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:41 pm

I have also seen good reports about Joe Jacks. I didn't get the time to try them when I was in PV in Feb., but will definately have it on my list when we go back in October.
by TNbear
Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:06 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Alcohol
Replies: 29
Views: 16546

Flew out of PV on Delta last Sunday with several bottles of Tequila, no problem at all.
Also no problem at Customs in Atlanta, declared what we had and did not even have our luggage looked at.
by TNbear
Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:14 am
Topic: El Brujo
Replies: 7
Views: 4239

Smitty, While ceviche may not have been an actual craving, it's a wonderful backup plan at anytime as far as I'm concerned. The ceviche at Los Brujos was very tasty and very fresh mix of fin-fish, shrimp and octopus. I did have a pretty good chicken mole at Las Marguaritas, and a very good squash bl...
by TNbear
Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:31 am
Topic: Giving props to Lazy Lizard Restaurant on Los Muertos
Replies: 13
Views: 7432

When I first read this thread shorly after the first post I checked the website out and it did look good. I emailed the owners from the website asking a few questions and never received a reply. So, when we got to PV and went down to the beach we went next door.
by TNbear
Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:27 am
Topic: El Brujo
Replies: 7
Views: 4239

El Brujo

My wife and I just returned from our first visit to PV. We are already planning our next one. We dined at several places over the unfortunatly short time we were there and El Brujo topped them all. We stayed not far from there and got some food to go the first full day we were there. It was so good ...
by TNbear
Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:30 am
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Magic food
Replies: 3
Views: 2059

Heh heh, nothing up his sleeve I'm sure.
by TNbear
Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:29 am
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: A New Puerto Vallarta Excursion..Or Not !!
Replies: 6
Views: 2568

I lived in LA LA Land in the late '70's early '80's, it did happen during that time.
by TNbear
Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:02 am
Topic: Not quite normal dining
Replies: 17
Views: 9819

I sure hope those of you who say you have been ill because of the foodstuffs mentioned in this thread never find out what goes into a hotdog, or most any sausage.
by TNbear
Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:15 am

I can get the tongue and goat here actually. The tripe and huitlacoche are hard to come by. Goat is available not only at my favorite taqueria but at the Indian restaurant I frequent also. I first tried goat back in California in the '70's at a harvest feast at a winery some friends worked at, the M...
by TNbear
Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:32 am

Not quite normal dining

We will be in PV for the 1st time in mid Feb. I enjoy what is out of the ordinary (for Tennessee), but now available Mexican ingredients such as huitlacoche, cabrito, lengue and tripas. I lived in California for 40 years, gave me a wider outlook on food than your average Tennesseean. Can anyone give...
by TNbear
Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:16 am
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Traffic noise near tunnel
Replies: 1
Views: 2525

Traffic noise near tunnel

We are going to be in Puerto Vallarta for a wedding in mid Feb. We are considering renting a condo which the agent tells us is near the tunnel and can be noisy if we are outside. As this condo has an outdoor hot tub and pool, I'd like to get an idea of the extent of noise we might be subject to. Tha...