Search found 140 matches

by glacierroasters
Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:58 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: Reccomendations: Tacos Al Pastor?
Replies: 40
Views: 30749

Re: ????????

Okay, I give up. What the heck is that thing hanging in the picture? That is called a: TROMPO - and for the record it is hundreds of layers of thinly sliced marinated pork, stacked on the rod that spins next to an open flame/heat source. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_pastor The owner will then ca...
by glacierroasters
Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:16 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Taxi from Airport to Intercontinental Presidente
Replies: 7
Views: 6461

Re: taxi

Do you remember what the taxi fare was to Intercontinental/ We own a t/s at the Costa Sur, which is near there - same rate as your place I believe. I think the car rate was $31 $$ and the taxi was 25ish last time. We booked a suburban for our family trip coming up for x-mas via the PV.net link (we ...
by glacierroasters
Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:06 am
Forum: Hotels, Resorts and other lodging tips
Topic: Will it be as busy this Holiday Season?
Replies: 2
Views: 2479

Yep, Christmas week and week after are really busy in PV. Many Mexican nationals come to PV during that time along with the regular tourists. Although tourism still seems to be down this year, that is usually a really busy time of the year. I have seen more than the usual number of last minute canc...
by glacierroasters
Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:09 am
Topic: Will it be as busy this Holiday Season?
Views: 2479

Will it be as busy this Holiday Season?

How will Christmas week be for volume of people? I am a January and February type guy. Somehow we booked Christmas week with float time, so off we go for 10 days to Vallarta - first time bringing the kids. Thanks, just curious - I have heard no change in traffic and I have heard it may be very quiet...
by glacierroasters
Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:05 am

how have I been to Vallarta the last 4 years and never eaten one of these??

:oops:

I saw them on a show...I gotta have 10, at least.

:lol:
by glacierroasters
Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:01 am

Reccomendations: Tacos Al Pastor?

Under 2 weeks now...any recommendations for these wonderful treats and where I can find some great ones, is much appreciated.

by glacierroasters
Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:46 am
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: walking distance
Replies: 7
Views: 5047

We find ourselves walking all over the city...and I mean way farther than I thought I could.

Honor the Siesta rule...you'll be fine.

Find some shade when you cna, drink water, enjoy paradise.

Walking is THE single best way to learn about Vallarta and its' culture.
by glacierroasters
Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:03 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: How many have Puerto Vallarta Vacation plans for 2008..2009
Replies: 206
Views: 78227

:oops: The economy is terrible....and I feel totally guilty.... but I am now all but booked for 2 trips to Vallarta in the next 12 months! :shock: Dec 21st-31st - Whooo hoo Feliz Navidad (Senora Glacier & I are bringing the kids for their first MX trip) June 15-22 - Graduation Trip for my oldest dau...
by glacierroasters
Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:30 pm
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Best Tequilas in pv?
Replies: 28
Views: 24997

according to our driver a young American Born but lived most of his life in PV (now married to a National and they have kids) he told us to steer clear of all of the shops in town. If they look touristy and are in high tourist type areas. A) they are fronts for Timeshare salesman B) The Tequila is m...
by glacierroasters
Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:01 am
Topic: unexpected guest....
Replies: 20
Views: 13926

You need a stack of Peso's and an ability to Speak Spanish.

:D

nothing is free in Vallarta.
by glacierroasters
Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:56 am
Forum: Shopping & Services in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Best Tequilas in pv?
Replies: 28
Views: 24997

The Airport when you leave will be one of the few places that has San Matias Gran Reserva. It is not usually inexpensive, by any means - but very good. One time I got two bottles for $40 usd - it is not unusual for it to be $35-45 a bottle. Mama Lucia aged tequila was very good, as was their coffee ...
by glacierroasters
Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:24 am
Topic: Royal DeCameron
Views: 3719

I call it a great starter kit Mexico Vacation. The property location is great, the rooms are ...well, old rooms, hard beds. The food is fine, it is AI type cuisine and alcohol. The price is right, we had a blast. I have been back every year to PV, but yet to return to the RD. Enjoy! I love Bucerias.
by glacierroasters
Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:07 am
Topic: Playa del Sol Grand
Replies: 5
Views: 3751

I own a T/S there...consider it Bucerias.

and off the highway a bit.

Great property, and quiet....I bought it sight unseen, no regrets, great value.
by glacierroasters
Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:11 pm
Topic: Peso killing our rental dollar. Any solution?
Replies: 14
Views: 4172

Hold the PESO's until the exchange is better (yes..this may be years)

Consider it an investment, :roll: it will probably out perform your Stock or your savings account, and U$D are going to deflate the next year or so big time.
by glacierroasters
Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:25 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Transportation
Topic: Airport to Playa del Sol Costa Sur (Costa Vida Vallarta)
Views: 4629

I'm an owner there. It is arguably the best service in the area in my opinion. Most of the staff (Bar/Restaraunt, etc) have been there 10-25 years. It is an older property, the rooms are very clean...the views are the best. It is so quiet, you are making me homesick thinking about it. I pull in and ...
by glacierroasters
Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:59 pm
Topic: Favorite Mexican Cerveza? (poll)
Replies: 75
Views: 82984

I voted Pacifico but if I could vote two I would ad Negro Modello.

It's essentially a toss-up.

During the day I prefer Pacifico at sunset on the balcony..Negro Modello.
by glacierroasters
Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:41 pm
Forum: General Travel Tips
Topic: Best money exchange US or PV
Replies: 19
Views: 12189

What kind of rate did your bank give you? I always tell people to not bother taking us money but rather to just use the ATM. I'll chime in here....the PAYPAL debit card was awesome- we got like 13.8 to 14.3 exchange rate when I got home and checked and no transaction fee's. We paid the ATM machine ...
by glacierroasters
Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:22 am
Topic: I love PVR, but whats the future of Mexico ?
Replies: 9
Views: 3564

We feel safer in PV than we do in Vancouver. And we feel very safe there too. I tell everyone I meet, I feel safer in PV than when I am in any American city, half it's size. Deal with the problems inside our borders before trying to justify your existence by meddling in issues outside our borders. ...
by glacierroasters
Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:55 pm
Topic: Best single food item you've found in P.V. ?
Replies: 17
Views: 11579

Blackberry CremeBrulee at Le Bistro.
by glacierroasters
Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:52 pm
Topic: I love PVR, but whats the future of Mexico ?
Replies: 9
Views: 3564

I was very upset just returning from my favorite place in the whole world (PVR) to see this article. I am very afraid however, based on the history of the pond scum in Washington D.C., that with articles like this they will somehow turn this into some sort of scapegoat issue to waste more taxpayer d...