Search found 140 matches

by glacierroasters
Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:02 pm
Forum: Restaurants, Cafés & Food in General
Topic: El Estudio Cafe
Replies: 6
Views: 3389

a lot of places are closed or appear to be close to closing, and even more appear to be struggling to survive.

It is very sad, but here are so many places.

I was told a restaurant opens and a restaurant goes out of biz every day in the Bay area. Very Very competitive.
by glacierroasters
Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:56 pm
Forum: Tours, Activities & Sightseeing options in Puerto Vallarta
Topic: Day Trip to Bucerias
Replies: 4
Views: 4712

Go to the Bucerias market while you are there - more fun and better prices most the same stuff you will find in the City. There is also a very nice place that has opened across the street from Marc's place- looked very nice- we went to Marc's instead, old habits are heard to break. We will do both n...
by glacierroasters
Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:52 pm
Topic: good mexican coffee?
Views: 3141

Little Espresso shop right next to Starbucks downtown in the area I call the "Town Square" great little shots of coffee. If you are a brewed coffee drinker as for an Americano. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of it- but great coffee & espresso. Wonderful Gelato as well. All Old World s...
by glacierroasters
Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:35 am
Topic: Best single food item you've found in P.V. ?
Replies: 17
Views: 11624

Best single food item you've found in P.V. ?

I found the new #1 on my list this last week:

Smoked Marlin Burrito - Lunch Menu - Marisco's Polo's

:shock:

WOW!!!
by glacierroasters
Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:50 pm
Forum: General Ramblings
Topic: Forum Spammers
Replies: 24
Views: 7042

Like I said...with a baseball bat.

:twisted:
by glacierroasters
Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:07 pm

a forum I frequent support has gone to moderator approval before allowing postings.

It has essentially eliminated these Losers 100%
by glacierroasters
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:00 am

Let me tell you, my friends, it is payment enough to have the P O W E R to actually delete everything if I truly wanted. Part of my plan for World Conquest! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: . Chuck... 8) That's Perfect!!! :lol: :D _O_
by glacierroasters
Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:39 pm
Topic: Wishes
Replies: 9
Views: 2961

Feliz Navidad to all!!!
by glacierroasters
Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:30 pm

Please do not take my comments as in any way a negative to anyone on this board, for sure not the mods. I was more just speaking out loud...I mean really, do these dingalings really believe anyone on any forum is just going to all of a sudden click a link and start supporting them? Sad that anyone i...
by glacierroasters
Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:06 pm

Forum Spammers

Is there anyone more that you would like to crack upside the head with a stick than a forum spammer?

Man I ate these people.

:soapbox:
by glacierroasters
Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:27 pm
Topic: Hangover Helpers
Replies: 3
Views: 1721

Hardboiled eggs.

I have no idea how..but it works.

:wink: follow it up with a bloody mary!
by glacierroasters
Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:02 pm
Topic: fish taco's
Replies: 10
Views: 6946

What are the dates you will be there glacierroasters and where will you be staying? Joyce Whoops- just saw this Joyce. We are going to be there New Years Eve through the 8th of January. We own a T.S with at Playa Del Sol - Grande, but have not had luck booking there...We enjoy the Costa Sur so much...
by glacierroasters
Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:40 pm
Topic: How Coooold is it where you are?
Replies: 95
Views: 36121

Home sweet home in Kalispell, MT Very windy with northeast winds 25 to 35 mph. Snow likely. Areas of blowing snow. Snow accumulations of 1 to 2 inches. Highs 6 to 13. Temperatures steady or falling into the mid single digits in the afternoon. Lowest wind chill readings 40 below to 50 below zero late...
by glacierroasters
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:51 am
Topic: virus
Replies: 7
Views: 2231

Plus4 wrote:BUFFETT 06 Your intentions were very good....No worries..It was nice of you to think of sharing with us... :) No need to apologize
absolutely - I hope it was never taken any other way.

my apologies if it was
by glacierroasters
Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:11 am
Topic: How many have Puerto Vallarta Vacation plans for 2008..2009
Replies: 206
Views: 78351

I would suggest a bus trip (local and cheap) for a day trip up to Bucerias and do their market...very friendly, much more laid back, and a little better prices and more of a willingness to haggle. Bucerias is a wonderful little village...enjoy! P.s. a local bus ride south to Boca de Tomatlan is a gr...
by glacierroasters
Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:25 am
Topic: virus
Replies: 7
Views: 2231

http://www.snopes.com

is always a good place to check on any e-mail warning or asking you to forward. Takes a second, and usually proves..believe nothing anyone sends you.

:shock:

just kiddin...but so much stuff out there, the abov elink is a good filter.

:lol:
by glacierroasters
Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:50 pm
Forum: Complaints & warnings for Puerto Vallarta
Topic: 7 Days of Looking Over My Shoulder
Replies: 39
Views: 33518

The whole no change, no small bills, every time I go to PV is some sort of conspiracy I tell ya, it's just not right... :lol: http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g24/bouwerieboy/catInTinfoil.gif :wink: Sorry for your problems, I agree..give it another chance, expect it, laugh at it...that's what we do...
by glacierroasters
Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:09 am
Forum: All other things PV & Mexico
Topic: Possible relo from CA to PV....seeking local ex-pat ideas
Replies: 9
Views: 4984

As a wine Junkie born and raised in the Napa of the North (Walla Walla, WA) I can say that the heat does not seem to stop wine being consumed in large Qyt in SE Washington...nor has it slowed down the people I see on my visits for biz to Temecula, CA (Think Palm Springs hot) I think PV will expand t...
by glacierroasters
Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:18 am
Topic: All Inclusive????
Views: 3108

If you are the sort who likes to go and sit pool/beachside and not go exploring..it may be the way to go. They take care of you, feed you...serve you drinks (unlimited) it might not be a bad option for you. A lot of people do go, and never (literally) leave the resort. They are on vacation in MX and...
by glacierroasters
Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:57 pm
Forum: Puerto Vallarta Reports & Reviews
Topic: IS it quiet in here? Is PV Quiet?
Replies: 19
Views: 12896

Thanks Joyce for the report and the reassuring words... I have often felt guilty for still planning on going, but my wife and I have come so accustomed to our week away from everything (no kids, no friends, no other couples) just us on our little adventure wandering Vallarta and the surrounding town...