going to PV for first time

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

grace2
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
going to PV for first time

Post by grace2 » Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:59 pm

Hi,
I'm going to PV for the first time in February and am staying at the blue bay gateway. I have no clue what to pack or what to expect from the hotel. Are all the crazy rumours true? ANy tips appreciated.

Agony aunt Bill

Re:going to PV for first time

Post by Agony aunt Bill » Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:01 pm

What crazy rumours?

mrmike9

Post by mrmike9 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:37 am

Not sure what you mean by crazy rumors. As far as what to pack; bring a bathing suit, passport, tee shirts, ATM card, credit card, and some shorts (that's all I bring). Do not bring a jacket or coat, you won't need it.

nmathis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by nmathis » Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:59 pm

What used to be known as the BBG is a resort for adults. Going topless and wearing thongs are allowed at THEIR pool. As far as rumors, people cavorting in the pool etc.... this are just that. Rumors.

Susan

Post by Susan » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:46 pm

I don't know anything about the resort scene because I always stay in downtown (by Playa Los Muertos beach, south of the river, in the Old Town).

Pack: a couple bathing suits, shorts, tank tops, t-shirts, lightweight pants or skirt for evenings, sandals, flip flops. You can buy a pareo/sarong, suntan lotion, beach towel, straw hat, or basically anything else you've forgotten once you arrive.

Pack light, you don't need much at all.